slightly nervous

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I went to the pain clinic today. My husband pulled the doctor aside and told him the pain meds weren't working anymore and could he PLEASE up my dosage because I won't ask him to. I told the doctor I didn't want to up it until the baby was born, it won't harm him in utero but it can cause withdrawal after he's born. The doctor assured me that withdrawal wasn't that serious as long as they are aware of it, and that there is no guarantee he will go through it. So they upped my dosage. I went from six 2mg pills a day to four (so only 4 mg more each day).

I'm still planning to cut way down before he's born so he can go through withdrawal in utero instead of out, but of course I'm still nervous.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it'll work out! At least you won't be in as much pain for a while, and then you can wean down before the birth a bit.

October 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I would be nervous too. I'm sure everything will work out just fine though!
October 25th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You obviously need it and sounds like you have a good doc and a good plan.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Way to go Chris! I am always proud of husbands who take care of their wives like that.

I get your nervousness, but hopefully everything will be fine. It sounds like your doctor is going to take good care of both of you.
Caroline - November '12

October 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your pain, especially unmanaged causes a lot of stress on your baby which is NOT good for the baby. You know that and so do your doctors. You can't just suffer through, you'll both be in a bad place if that happens. Listen to your doctors and accept the help. *Hugs*

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, go Chris! I'm sorry you've been in so much pain I completely agree with the other ladies, the benefits far outweigh the potential of any minor repercussions and I'm sure you and baby will be better off for this decision.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
ditto what the other girls said.. you take your meds responsibily, and under a doctors care.. Everything will work out!
October 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
What everyone else said I would be super nervous, too, but you have to be able to function!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
October 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chris is awesome! And I agree with what everyone said - the stress of the pain is worse than the increased meds. Just stay in touch with your doc and I am sure everything will be fine.

October 26th, 2011, 06:13 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thinking about you! I am sure everything will work out. I am so glad you have such a wonderful husband too!

October 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that you have one awesome husband! It sounds like this is the best option but i understand being nervous. I'm sure everything will be ok!

October 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Thanks you guys At 34 weeks I'm going to wean down so that the baby has less of a chance of withdrawal. I just hope it works. I really don't want him to have to go trhough that.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

October 27th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just make sure that your doctors know you're weaning and approve. Withdrawal can be dangerous during pregnancy as well.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They will also be able to help him out with small doses once he is born to avoid the effects of withdrawal. Your body will be better able to handle the pregnancy if you aren't in pain. I know it must be such a tough decision but I think less pain is better for both of you. Hugs!
October 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
My doctors know my intentions to wean down. It won't be cold turkey, at 34 weeks I'll drop to 2 pills instead of 4, and at 35 weeks I'll go down to 1 pill. I'll stay at 1 pill until he's born and then go back up. Luckily with breastfeeding he'll still get the meds in his system in a small dose so they said it should help with withdrawal.

Thats another benefit to getting induced. I know exactly when I need to start weaning down.

October 27th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
Id be worried too but the Dr wouldn't up it if it was serious harm to the baby. good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search