TTCers Show Yourself!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since we don't have a subforum specific to TTC I thought I'd start this and keep it going. While i'm not wanting to stress/obsess as much as the last time I can see i need somewhere to go to talk about this stuff and honestly i don't feel like joining a new board. If you're a TTCer come out and obsess with me!!

How long have you been trying? Just started cycle 2
Where are you in your cycle? CD 1
What are you using (OPKs, temping, etc.)? Nothing really. I notice my CM so i know when i'm fertile and ovulate based on that but I'm not as crazy into it all as the last time.

October 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess this is us. While I would really like to conceive in a few months we aren't preventing anymore. I don't think I am ovulating at all though (no AF) so I have bloodwork and an MRI next month to check all my levels and see if I need meds. I would love a November baby!
October 27th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Moi - CD 30, month 3 technically, but i didnt ovulate in August and i dont think i did this month either. I really dont know whats going on with me and i'm frustrated about it. I dont understand if i'm really not ovulating or if i just have crappy OPK's or what but i'm not too happy with the situation and dont know what to do.

Right now i'm doing OPK's and paying attention to CM. I wake up alot at night now so temping wouldnt be accurate unfortunately

October 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Sam. It sounds very frustrating. Hopefully you'll figure out what's going on soon!

October 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
Moi - CD 30, month 3 technically, but i didnt ovulate in August and i dont think i did this month either. I really dont know whats going on with me and i'm frustrated about it. I dont understand if i'm really not ovulating or if i just have crappy OPK's or what but i'm not too happy with the situation and dont know what to do.

Right now i'm doing OPK's and paying attention to CM. I wake up alot at night now so temping wouldnt be accurate unfortunately
Have you had any blood work done? I've been pregnant three times in the past, and every time I ovulated super late in my cycle...like day 26. I thought that was just how my body worked. Back in March I had an MRI done because of headaches and they found a small tumor on my pituitary gland. They think it is secreting prolactin which would cause late ovulation or no ovulation at all (which is where I am at now.) I will probably have to take a medication to lower my prolactin levels. Apparently something like 25% of all women have these things on their pituitary gland and only find out when they can't conceive.
October 27th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I havent, thats interesting. I didnt really have an issue getting pregnant with M, in fact i was pregnant twice within two months so it never really occured to me that i could have an issue i guess. I do usually O a little late, somewhere between cd 15-18 but thats always been the case so again i dont think anything of it. I'm really hoping that this month i just missed ovulation due to malfunctioning OPK's but if this keeps going on i am going to talk to the dr about it soon

October 27th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I was surprised too because I've always gotten pregnant very easily and not on purpose. I think this time breastfeeding for 18 months probably increased the size of the tumor so now I'm not ovulating at all.
October 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I hope you guys all get pregnant soon. I'm sorry you are having ovulation issues
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Wow Kate that is interesting. I've never heard of that kind of thing. Hopefully it won't interfere with you TTC.

October 27th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm not too concerned. There is a medication I can take to shrink the tumor and restore my cycle. Hopefully it doesn't take very long!
October 31st, 2011, 10:15 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too!

November 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
This is me. I don't think I'm really ovulating due to thyroid issues, but hopefully we'll get those back on track and get pregnant super fast. I need me a 2012 baby!

I'm on cycle who nows what. We've been off everything since January, but I think probably only cycle 3 or 4. Day 28. My last two cycles ahve been crazy though. First was bleeding for 27 days, last cycle was only 14. Hopefully this means I'm getting better.
Caroline - November '12

Last edited by sandpaper06; November 1st, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
November 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Its around that time to test again. I'll be about 9 DPO tomorrow and bought a dollar tree test cuz i didn't want to waste a more spendy one so i'll use that tomorrow. I bought some ICs but they haven't come in the mail yet! I'm hoping they'll be here very soon. As for symptoms I have been breaking out a little more and tired at times, also pretty cranky/kinda moody but other than that nothing like nausea, cramping, etc so i highly doubt i'm preggo.

Anyone else testing soon?

November 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I'm on day 46 or 47 so I've been testing tons with my internet cheapies. I have been having symptoms, but I'm pretty sure they're just phantom ones.

Good luck tomorrow!
Caroline - November '12

November 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks! I hope your cycles get more predictable soon!

November 20th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Good luck testing!

I had bloodwork done wednesday, and an MRI scheduled for tomorrow with a followup Endocrinologist appointment on wednesday. Hopefully they can put me on some medication to regulate my cycles and make me ovulate. Haven't had AF since before I got pregnant with Grey...
November 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Good luck!! hopefully they will be able to help you out!

I tested with a $store test yesterday w/FMU and BFN. It was only about 9 DPO so who knows for sure. I'll test again on tuesday with a digi if my cheap tests aren't here tomorrow. Only difference today is i'm extremely irritatable! And very tired but also didn't sleep well last night so thats most likely the reason.

November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Well, back from the doctor. My prolactin levels are 50 which is more than double normal. I'm starting a medication that should lower my levels and cause ovulation to come back. Hopefully it works quickly!
November 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally missed this thread! I never check in here, but it's funny because I was just thinking we need some sort of thread to keep all of us together. So, to answer the original thread questions:

How long have you been trying? Prior to the end of August I hadn't had AF since July 2009 when I got preg with Livi. That was my first PP cycle and then I had a cycle induced by Provera just this month and am currently on CD 19. I go in on CD 21 for bloodwork to check my levels of LH, FSH, Prolactin, TSH, and insulin. Hopefully I'll find something out. Or, what would be even better would be to get pregnant this cycle! We haven't been preventing AT ALL since Livi was born.
Where are you in your cycle? CD 19
What are you using (OPKs, temping, etc.)? OPK's, just started temping 4 days ago, I try and check CM but it seems like it's always the same...

We need to keep this thread going! Kate, I hope your med works quickly, keep us posted!

November 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I hope your labwork gives you some answers! It's so frustrating when your body doesn't cooperate...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search