Do you still lurk on your old boards?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2011, 05:44 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I joined JM in 09 after DH and I got married and tried to conceive for 8 months with no luck, so I joined the TTC 6 months + board. I just needed a place to vent and ask questions about OPKs and temping and such. Well I ended up feeling like that board was my home after a bit...until I moved on to our DDC of course, and now this is my one and only board, but I still check up on them over there once in a while, just like the NTNP board that I hosted for a few months until we had decided to put the breaks on NTNP at the time.

Anyways, I just bring this up because I'm almost at the point where I can't even lurk there anymore because it makes me too sad. Some women that had been there long before me are still on that board and it just breaks my heart because I know how badly they want to start a family. It also makes me realize that I could still be there too, if things had worked out differently. I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that some of us are or will be lucky enough to be able to have the families we always dreamed of, while others will spend the rest of their lives wishing, hoping, wondering what if and looking at every baby and pregnant belly with incredible hurt and envy. I just feel for them soooooo badly. And at the same time, I smile from ear to ear when a miracle happens for one of those women, but lately, those have been very few and far between on that board.

I'm not quite sure why, but I just needed to get this out of my system and share these feelings with someone. Thanks for listening!

October 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
I know how you feel! I used to host TTC#1 and I barely go there now cause there are women there that are TTC since I joined in April 2009 and still there... however its great to hear still when long term vets get the bfp. I made a lot of great friendships on this board and that board, so as much as its makes me sad, I am happy I was there!

October 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was with Jennifer (and a few others that are also on this board like Bliss and Krista) in TTC#1... i dont really lurk there much. We have a "grads" section for people who are pregnant/had their firsts but no one posts there anymore... like, ever... its worse then this board We all use FB instead

October 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to lurk the ttc after loss board but it got to the point I didn't know anyone anymore ( which is great!). I know how you feel though Lisa. I have a friend who has been ttc for a couple of years and it's getting hard for her. A lot of people she knows are getting preggo and she breaks down every time she hears about it. I feel bad because I've been blessed to not really have ttc issues ( Rachel took a couple months, but Cole obviously was a surprise) that I don't even know what to say to her. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair.
October 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still lurk August 08 and Closely Spaced Siblings sometimes but for the most part it's just too hard.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 29th, 2011, 10:37 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have a friend who went through Anastasia's pregnancy with me (she was pregnant wtih her son). She's been TTC since then (5 years) without luck. I'm on my third pregnancy since then and every time I feel so bad for her because I know how easy it is for me and how hard it's been for her
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first board I ever joined was WTTC and kinda just stopped lurking too much after awhile. I found the TTC #1 board and was on there all the time while trying and pregnant. Now? Well, I go through phases when I'm not on JM at all, but lately i've been keeping an eye on the TTC #1 grads (although Sam is correct in it being very slow) and this board of course but am still not on daily.

I agree that it is so sad to see friends who have tried for so long with no success. It breaks my heart and makes me appreciate my little guy that much more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search