Need some decorating help... O/T

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 01:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We got an espresso brown sectional not that long ago because we fell in love with it. The only problem is I don't know what colors go well with brown. My entertainment center and side tables are black, but I want to paint them a different color to go better with the couch. Also I hate the throw pillows that came with the couch, so I need to find some new ones. What colors go with brown? All of our walls are white since we are in base housing, and dh doesn't want me painting until we move to a new house in two years. Any ideas would be great!!!!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I love aqua or teal with brown, but a pumpkin, green, gold, or burgandy would be nice too
November 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I love greens with brown!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brown is a neutral...you can do whatever you want! I never thought I was any good at decorating until I realized that the same rules I applied to fashion can cross over into decorating.

We have a brown couch and are using light greens, bright greens and a slight pop of purple in our current redecorating. I also have one room that uses steel blue and white with brown. If your sofa is a dark brown, I would only avoid adding more dark colors, and keep things bright and light around the sofa.

For some reason the image won't work so here's the link: The Elegant Abode | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I love the light almost periwinkle walls, white and light metallic accents and one pop of purple color in this room.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by Racine; November 1st, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search