Article of the Week 11/8/11

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's one. Can't say that it's a total shocker, but here ya go

TODAYMoms - 20 kids and counting! Michelle Duggar announces she's pregnant again

Discuss among yourselves.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Duggars creep me out, they just do! I realize they are "leaving it up to God" and all that but really maybe the fact that your last child was born at 24 weeks was some kinda sign to halt the reproduction factory.....that's my opinion on that .....all that said she is preggo and I hope all goes well and baby and mom are happy and healthy. I am not a fan of them but wouldn't want to see anything bad happen. I honestly don't even know how they find the time to reproduce with all those kids!
November 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy for them! All of their children have health care, food, clothing, education, and shelter provided for them by their parents and not the government.....have at it, be happy, it doesn't hurt me any!
November 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not happy or unhappy for them lol....I just can't imagine 20 kids, I'm sure the older kids are raising the younger ones and that seems unfair. My mom was raised in a family of 12 and she raised 5 of her younger siblings which to this day she still talks about it and how it "ruined" her teenage years. When are they going to stop? I mean if she has her period into her 50's she's gonna keep going? As far as I know the older you get the higher chances you have of an unhealthy baby....then who will take care of this baby if she's 50+

Last edited by ChoMomma; November 8th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
November 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To each their own. If they're happy and are able to take care of all their children (financially and emotionally), then good for them.

I'm happy with my two.
November 8th, 2011, 05:23 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't necessarily like how the younger kids are paired up with an older kid to take care of them, but it's not my life.

My mom has 1 sibling but she will talk about having to take care of her brother all the time and how her childhood was cut short abit. I had forgot about that until reading your response Anna.
November 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Kim. The last baby was lucky. Sure they can take care of them and if they can handle 20 kids, so be it, but I personally think that they need to take what happened last time into consideration and rethink having anymore kids. I hope this baby is born healthy. I could go on and on about this, but I will spare you all...

November 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest sister also held a great resentment towards my mother for making her take care of me so much (13 year age gap), and I vow not to do that to the boys to the point where I don't even let them carry Ayla around the house....but I digress.....honestly, if that is the worst of their childhood rearing scars, it is far better than the norm in my opinion. Especially when mom is your teacher and dad is your first boss, there is plenty of parent time to be had. JMO.
November 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They fascinate me. They are completely debt free (last I knew anyway) with 20 kids. I totally admire that about them and I feel like they are doing what they feel is best for them.
On the note of being on tv, I do think there's a point where they are kind of making a circus of themselves, but I have an issue with reality tv and raising your kids on tv. TLC pays a lot of money and I think the fact that they're paid to do things most families couldn't dream of really irks me. It's not reality.

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!
November 9th, 2011, 05:13 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would think the TLC show helps a bit in allowing them to be debt free....I know they have other ways they go about it but a TLC paycheck can't hurt either. I truly couldn't care less what other people do with their lives but I do find them odd and creepy, especially Jim Bob..he is just a weird dude I think LOL

I also admit that I am not really a big fan of religious fanatics who place all of their actions and decisions in "God's Hands" and by that I mean (and please no one take offense, this isn't an anti religion thing at all) but they continue to say they are leaving their family "up to God" but maybe God is more subtle then that? maybe having a micro preemie was God's way of saying "hey Duggars stop having kids!" God's will is up for interpretation I suppose and I am certainly no authority on religion. To each their own, but Jim Bob is a weird dude and that's my story and I am sticking to it! I do wonder, as all those kids grow up if any of them will stray....be resentful, etc. Guess we will have to see how that plays out over time. OK I am just rambling random thoughts now, bottom line is I don't really care about the choices the Duggars make because their choices don't have any effect on me so they can have a 100 kids I guess, but still I think they are creepy LOL

For now I do wish them well and hope all goes well with the pregnancy.
November 9th, 2011, 09:10 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't say I have a real opinion on it either way. On one had, it's their life - they are paying for it (either with their investment properties or the money the get from TLC) and aren't asking the government for a handout. So for that I give props. On the other hand, 20 kids seems like a lot to me, how could the parents really ensure that each child is getting attention like other have said. But then again, some of the children are older and beginning to live lives of their own, so I guess the wouldn't need all that one on one attention that little ones do. There is something to be said of the bond between an older sibling and a younger one, but I will agree that there is a fine line between a bond and raising a sibling. I also think I have to agree with Kim, perhaps God was trying to give a subtle hint with the micro-preemie.

In the end, it's their life, and I wish them well.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search