What is the dumbest kids name you've heard?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Obviously even if you think its dumb no one say anyone here! Lol...

November 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a kid, but obviously once was. Robert's cousin married a guy named Thorn. Sweetest guy, but a dumb name!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 10th, 2011, 07:53 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
T'day, T'morrow, and T'(something I can't remember). Seriously? And I do know a person who knows this family.

There was a student at DH's college named Precious Q'tae (Precious Cutie). She had a few run ins the the university police
November 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol! I dont like names that seem obviously made up... i know someones who's LO's name is Zayden... and someone whos name is Kaeson. Yes i know that all nams are made up at some point but i dunno... i just dont like those for some reason

November 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
When I worked at the Registry I saw some weird ones....

First name: Gods
Middle name: Grace

really?

Also DH went to school with a girl named Treasure and her last name was Hunt. LOL There is also a guy at his work named Harry and his last name is Boyles. LOL

Usually though when I know someone the name starts to stick and I end up liking it. But when my cousin first named her daughter Teanna I didn't like it. She thought she made it up using her DH's name Terry and her middle name Anna...but turns out I have heard other named this name. Now I don't mind the name so much....

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My mom used to work with a guy named Shatoebreeand. His parents were trying to name him chateaubriand, which is a French steak recipe. I'm guessing they didn't know it was food and just liked the sound of it.

I guess I shouldn't judge because I'm sure people think my girls' names are ridiculous
November 10th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
I guess I shouldn't judge because I'm sure people think my girls' names are ridiculous
I don't get too judgy either for the same reason. Some friends who are teachers were discussing names they've seen on FB a few weeks ago. There were some just ridiculous ones and I wish I could remember them. Luckily they deemed the girls' names "cool" and not ridiculous
November 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Nevaeh... heaven spelled backwards. I have a friend that named her dd that. My sis in law named her ds James Tiberius. That is the name of Captain Kirk from Start Trek. I thought that was kinda crazy, but now the name has grown on me. Talon is another one that a friend of mine used for her ds.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tiffany, I've never seen Nevaeh IRL, but I've heard it's super popular in recent years.

My BIL insists that if my sister and him ever have kids and they have a boy, then the name will be Ajax. He wants it after one of the warriors at Troy from ancient Greek mythology, but everyone that hears it thinks of the cleaner first.

November 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol dh and i joked about naming M Tiberius! Haha.

November 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Racine.

...seriously, what were her parents thinking?

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Navaeh is one that drives me flipping bananas!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racine View Post
Racine.

...seriously, what were her parents thinking?

Lol

November 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Racine.. I like your name!! I think it is unique and pretty. I bet you were never in class with another Racine. I knew about 6 people with the name Tiffany.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Whenever I hear "Racine" I always think of "A League of Their Own" and the Racine Peaches. I love it
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
My aunt once had two students whose names were Lemonjello (le-man-ja-lo) and Orangejello (o-rahn-ja-lo). They were twins. How cute!!

November 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha. Thanks guys. I actually really like having a unique name...I just absolutely HATE when I tell people my name and they say "Oh like the city in Wisconsin."

No. I was not named after a city in Wisconsin. It happens 9 times out of 10 when I meet someone. Irks me to no end. I was actually named after Morgan Fairchild's character in "Paperdolls". And my mom did not admit that to me until a few months ago, ha!

When it comes to "different" names, I can tolerate any name when it holds some kind of meaning or purpose but I don't like it when it's obvious the parents were just desperate to find something different for the sole purpose of it being different.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I know what you mean, Racine. For a long time I DID NOT like my name. I hated that everyone thought I was spelling it wrong - in 2nd grade a lunch lady tried telling me my name MUST be Marlene and wouldn't give in until a teacher told her I was, in fact, right about MY OWN NAME! *sigh*
November 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heard of the name "Galaxy" recently and thought that was bizarre. Other than that nothing is coming to mind.

The other day a waitress at a restaurant i was eating at asked me what Camden's name was and when i told her she was like "Interesting" but the way she said it was not positive or like she actually thought it was interesting, it was more like a -why would someone ever name their child that- type of interesting. I was thinking "there goes your tip" haha. Of course i didn't really let that impact me That was the most negative comment i've got so far. Although i admit its annoying to always have to repeat it. 75% of the time i tell people his name they say "huh?" or "what is it?" at least once, some ask me to repeat it a couple more times!

November 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Honestly, I was at a choir concert and in the church's choir room there was a slot for

Paris Franz.

I hit the floor laughing. Who would do that. Also a teacher at my high school was Hazel Nutt.

My goal in life is toname my children things that they will never have to spell for people. I now get to spell my first and last name every time someone asks for it. I at least had a very common maiden name, so I want to spare my children that.
Caroline - November '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search