If you could go anywhere...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
on vacation, right now, where would you go? Both with kids and without! With the kids... i'm not sure. I LOVE Disney World but i want want to take everyone until they will remember. My SDD went last year with her mom and i think that was a good age for her to go (7)... i went when i was 10 and i remember all of it. So yeah i'm not sure about with kids

Without kids dh and i want to go on a cruise in the Mediterranean or to Turks and Caicos (sp). My mom had offered to pay for us to go on a cruise after she found out i was pregnant bec/ we didnt go on a honeymoon but there wasnt enough time to plan one before i was too pregnant to go. Plus, as it worked out... i ended up giving birth on the week i was looking at going! Ha

November 10th, 2011, 07:11 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Hmmm... I'm not sure where I'd go with the kids either! Probably still Disney World. They may not remember it, but they'll still enjoy it. And I will remember it, which is pretty important too.

As for just DH and me, I think we'd go to Europe and travel around a bit. We haven't gone on a Honeymoon either. Someday!
November 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, you are right. I just remember when i went when i was little i was i think about 11 and my sister was 13 and my cousins were 1 and 3 and yeah they had fun but they were just so stressed having to go back to get naps, finding places to change diapers etc. I know disney is obviously VERY family friendly i guess i just think you make the most of it when they are a little older.

We went again in 2007, right before my Dad died with my whole family so now its a really special place to me. (and we also got engaged there) We took my nieces and nephew who were 9,11 and 13 and they had a blast. Its not the "oh i love the princesses and mickey" kind of trip, but its a different kind of trip that has its own benefits i think. We'll probably go when our youngest is 5-7ish, so that would make our oldest however old. haha.

November 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That's very true. We've talked about going when out youngest is about that age too. I went the first time when I was 13, my bother and sister were 9 and 10. We had a lot of fun.
November 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
If I could go anywhere right now kids or no kids it would be Florida. I love Florida.

I think it has a lot to do with childhood memories of vacations there (we used to drive down from Canada every year) and most recently DH's and My wedding on Anna Maria Island. I would love love love to rent that beach house again and just veg on the beach. ahhhhh I wish!

Might sound crazy, but I worry that if I plan a vacation somewhere else that I won't like it as much and I'll be like.."What...you mean I could have been in Florida and instead I spent my money on that?" lol probably wouldn't happen..but ya never know...

That being said..I would love to go on a few cruises, go to California, Hawaii, and the French Polynesian Islands.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I would do Disney World with the kids too. We've talked about doing it when the youngest is about 4. So that could be in 2 years or maybe 6 depending on what we decide to do about more kids.

With me and DH, definitely Italy. We are actually going next October for at least a week. It was our Christmas present 3 years ago from my parents but obviously we got a little busy with having a second kid in there. No more kids until I get my trip to Italy!
November 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Well dh and I are going to Jamaica in just over a month, so that is where we would go alone. With the kids I would like to take the to the aquarium in Atlanta. I know they would love it, and I know I would have a blast also. When they get older I want to take them to Cedar Point in Ohio.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With the kids right now, I'd probably do Disneyland and San Diego, just because I don't want to fly with them to Disney World. All of Lily's friends have done Disneyland already, but I wanted to wait until Vi was old enough as well. I went for the first time when I was about 3 and then every year until I was 7 or 8. I remember stuff from my first trip.

With just DH, I'd love to go to South Korea. But although he's a US citizen now (moved here at age 6 and became a citizen when his parents did), he's still listed in South Korea's Census Register. Which means that when we arrived in Korea, they could try to conscript him into the military since all men there must serve 2 years. We've had numerous friends have this issue and it's a PITA straightening it out with the government, etc. So, DH wants to wait to go until he's 36, which is past the age limit for mandatory service just in case.

November 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
With the kids right now, I'd probably do Disneyland and San Diego, just because I don't want to fly with them to Disney World. All of Lily's friends have done Disneyland already, but I wanted to wait until Vi was old enough as well. I went for the first time when I was about 3 and then every year until I was 7 or 8. I remember stuff from my first trip.

With just DH, I'd love to go to South Korea. But although he's a US citizen now (moved here at age 6 and became a citizen when his parents did), he's still listed in South Korea's Census Register. Which means that when we arrived in Korea, they could try to conscript him into the military since all men there must serve 2 years. We've had numerous friends have this issue and it's a PITA straightening it out with the government, etc. So, DH wants to wait to go until he's 36, which is past the age limit for mandatory service just in case.

Wow thats crazy ! There isnt a way to get him taken off the list?

November 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Shelley, that's scary! At least you can go when he's 36.

I want to take the boys to Chicago. It's close, we have family in the burbs and there is so much fantastic stuff to do there...I love the Field Museum and Museum of Science and Industry. Also there are some great vegan restaurants downtown.

With just Dan, I'd want to go to Australia, hands down.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

November 10th, 2011, 02:23 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
With kids, Disney World. I had a trip planned for exactly a month from now, but DH nixed it. I'm actually still really sad about it and am trying to bolster my spirits for not going by being pregnant...but no enchillada. I want to go NOW, DH might never let us go. We're looking at going to Disneyland sometime soon-ish though.

Without kids, New Zealand/Australia.
Caroline - November '12

November 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hawaii! And we ARE going!!! in December Super excited! We are taking Camden with us. He comes pretty much everywhere with me and at this point i could never go on vacation without him.

November 11th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
Wow thats crazy ! There isnt a way to get him taken off the list?
Not from the US. We even contacted the Korean embassy about it, etc. We'd have to get to Korea first and usually they check their census register right at the airport for incoming people born in Korea (his passport has South Korea as his birth place). Then, they pull them into a room and then I'd be left trying to get his name off the register before they bus him out. It'd just be a huge PITA to deal with.

November 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shelley - that is so crazy! I'd be waiting until he was 36 to go too. That would freak me out.

As for travel - with the kids, probably Disney World or Florida. I love the beach.

With DH - We would love to go to Yellowstone and see the wildlife and landscape. I want a cruise, but DH isn't as into that as me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search