What do you think? O/T

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My dh and I are trying to get all of our stuff done for our vacation. Well here is the dilemma. My dh wants us to leave the night before our flights leave to get a hotel by the airport, and I don't want to leave the kids any earlier than I have to. Our flight leaves at 6:45 am, and we want to be at the airport by 4. It is a two hour drive from our house, so we would have to leave at 2 am. My dh thinks we should leave while the kids are awake to say goodbye instead of saying goodbye before bed, and leaving when they are sleeping. He also wants us to be able to get more sleep before we have to leave because we wont even get to the resort until almost 5pm, so we will be traveling all day. Well my dh talked to my mom about is since her and my dad will be watching the kids, and my mom said that she thinks that we should leave the night before to stay closer to the airport. I know that it would be easier in some ways for us to leave the night before, but I am already stressed about leaving the kids for so long. We have never left them with someone for this long. It is very rare for us to even leave them with someone for a night. My dh wants us to go ahead and reserve the hotel for that night, so we don't have to worry about finding a place later. What would you do? Would you leave the night before, or just wait to leave straight from the house to the airport?

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think he's right here. Really you're leaving them at bedtime no matter what. Either you say goodnight/goodbye and leave or you say goodnight and leave in the middle of the night. If you don't, are you going to go to bed early to get sleep before leaving? If so, you're still cutting into time with the kids. Plus driving that tired and that far puts you at a higher risk of getting into an accident.

Honestly, I think it'd be easier on them to say goodbye and see you leave than to wake up and you're just gone.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I wouldn't go to bed early. I am to much of a night owl, and I know I wouldn't sleep. I doubt I will get much sleep that night anyway. I will be to excited to get to the resort, and nervous about leaving the kids. If we left the day before we would probably leave about 4 or 5 in the evening. My mom was really pushing it today, and said that she thinks it would be easier on her if we left the night before. That way she would have time to get them use to the idea that night, and she wouldn't have to explain so much to them while trying to get them to school the next day. Between my dh and my mom I pretty much don't have a choice. I am just getting really nervous about leaving them for so long.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and i have done both (we were not leaving kids though) and staying near the airport is soooo much easier IMO. And in this case, since you would be leaving while they are asleep anyway then i'de go the night before after they are in bed.

November 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with your mom and DH. I think it'd be easier on everyone if you left the night before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search