Tell Us Thursday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell us something that we don't already know about you. Are you a secret lover of Christmas music all year long? Do you long for a giant pink elephant to inhabit your bathroom??

Tell us... We NEED to know these things!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.

Last edited by who_it_is; November 10th, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
November 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I LOVE to learn about how people in different parts of the world live. I am a total National Geographic nerd. I also am completely drawn to learning about devastation caused by natural disasters.

November 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of a Grinch when it comes to Christmas. This time of year just is pressured for me to buy gifts and you have a certain amount of time to do that in and it stresses me out. It's not like my family is like "you better get me something good or else!" I just feel like that is what Christmas has turned into. Sooo, I'm a Grinch I guess?

November 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I HATE New Year's. I hate getting used to a writing a new year, I hate that January usually has so many days but rarely enough of them are paydays, I hate that January is the coldest month of the year in our area and we bring in the new year often at -40 degrees and no school after that winter school vacation....it can get to be a bit much being locked in with the kids getting restless. I hate to take down all of the decor and never being quite sure what the house looked like before Halloween! I guess you can say I get Post holiday blues.
November 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate mimes and clowns, they scare me! I am sure I have mentioned this before.......I love decorating for Christmas but despise undecorating........there is a tiny part of me that wants to move away from the city and back to my hometown to raise my kids there, my DH would never go for it though........I am in love with Dave Matthews, like really I love him so much!......hmmm probably lots of other stuff too but I don't want to scare you all away with my secrets I have stashed in the closet
November 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymandy View Post
I'm kind of a Grinch when it comes to Christmas. This time of year just is pressured for me to buy gifts and you have a certain amount of time to do that in and it stresses me out. It's not like my family is like "you better get me something good or else!" I just feel like that is what Christmas has turned into. Sooo, I'm a Grinch I guess?
::hugs:: to a fellow grinch. I am also fairly grinch-like for many of the same reasons. Spending money that I don't have for things that will inevitably not be "good enough" and not having enough time or patience to do it all in is just not my cup of tea.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love to bake! It doesn't matter the occasion you're going to get some baked goodies from me. I have an unreasonable fear of being pulled under the bed by my ankels. It's not so bad now that we have a bed with drawers as the frame. I am very OCD with things in my house.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
November 10th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm afraid of corn fields - true story.

November 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Leanne - So it was YOU who called 911 from the corn maze, wasn't it?

Random thing about myself - I hate going to multiple Thanksgivings every year. Every year, I vow this will be the year I stand up for myself and stay home, but I always cave in to parental peer pressure.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my dog like she is my fourth child (well, actually , she would be my second child because I got her before I had my two youngest...) and I spoil her ridiculously (like she will have a stocking and gifts for Christmas, she travels with me on short trips, ect) She is just soooo sweet!
November 11th, 2011, 08:54 PM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate driving, which really sucks since my commute is an hour each way to work. I hate traffic, and we have a ton of it. I'm a very nervous driver. I get very anxious whenever I have to drive somewhere unfamiliar. I'm convinced if I get even slightly lost that I'll be lost forever.
November 11th, 2011, 10:45 PM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
I smell everything...like literally everything. Even if I know what it smells like already or if I know it's a bad smell etc. I smell it. I don't know why, I'm just compelled to smell everything.

I unintentionally procrastinate, it's bad and it makes me feel horrible when I am supposed to do something for someone and I don't do it until the last minute. I really don't mean to put things off, but, I always have so many things going on in my head that if something isn't REALLY important, I don't do it until I'm forced to. It's one of those things about myself that I really dislike and I hate talking about it because I seriously feel like a $h!tty person when I think about all the things people have relied on me for that I haven't done or have waited until the last minute to do. Bleh.

Aaaaand on a better note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays! Cooking, eating, traveling to see family, watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, exchanging gifts, spending time with people I love. I adore it alllllll!!!!

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search