20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think James has a man cold. He's been sick all week, but the last two days, he's been whining constantly (and I mean constant - uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnn, breath, uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnn, repeat) and he's been glued to me. I even pulled out the snuggli to wear him for a while, just to give my arms a break. It's so annoying. He doesn't even have a fever. Just a cough and a slightly runny nose. Men!!

On a positive note, I finally started my Christmas shopping! How many of you are done/almost done?
November 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That cake does look very tasty.

The sun hasn't shown up yet, but we put our jackets on and walked to the playground anyway. She LOVES the slide! Now nap time yay! lol

November 18th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the kids almost done for christmas shopping (this is kind of unheard of for us, we always wait until the very last minute!) and we aren't doing much else in the way of presents, so I guess we're almost done. Wow!

November 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I am going out with two of my BFFs tonight!!!!!!!!

November 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was quiet at work this morning so I watched The Notebook... Um, hello sob fest :'(

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1 more hr.....I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

I am almost done Christmas shopping I just have to get my parents some stuff.

Have fun Amanda! I am going to Target after work, beat that beotches
November 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Took me all day but I think I finally finished packing and cleaning. So happy we decided to rent a mini van instead of taking my car, I don't think we would have been able to if everything in my car.

November 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The dessert I've been dreaming about all day (besides the cake I'm making) was all sold out at the bakery when I got there that's what I had planned for this evening.

November 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM
what is the worst thing to happen on a Friday? realizing at 4:25pm 5 minutes prior to leaving work for the weekend that you were scheduled to be late coverage for the day....OMG it's only an extra 1/2 hr but if feels like forrrrrrreverrrrrrr. 13 minutes to go!
November 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
one kiddo in bed, one winding down...my PJs are calling my name!
November 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oscar had the craziest, wildest tantrum tonight. Thrashing, bucking, shrieking, kicking, etc. I put him in his bed to compose himself while I put Holly's pjs on, he shrieked for about a minute straight and then passed out cold. Oy. maybe I should reinstate his nap? Either way, both kids in bed, wooooo! I'm pj bound too.

November 18th, 2011, 05:36 PM
^sorry those are the worst!! Sydney's fits are a 100x worse when she is tired, which makes sense but she refuses to nap most days so by 6pm things start going in a downward spiral.
November 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I contributed nothing to this thread today! For shame!

I was out of town for work and got zero sleep in my hotel room last night. So drove back today and have been feeling like total crap.

Both kids are asleep, I'm in my pj's and going to call it a nigt soon!
November 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
All three kids asleep! It's not even 8:00pm! Woohoo!

Jennifer, I hear you on the man cold thing. My DH once had me take him to the ER when he had a stomachache. Yes, the ER. He was clutching his stomach and groaning and moaning.

The doctor told him it was gas. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Xmas shopping pretty much done. Just a couple of things to get, but I already know what to buy, which is 90% of the battle.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 19th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post

Jennifer, I hear you on the man cold thing. My DH once had me take him to the ER when he had a stomachache. Yes, the ER. He was clutching his stomach and groaning and moaning.

Xmas shopping pretty much done. Just a couple of things to get, but I already know what to buy, which is 90% of the battle.

That is hilarious. Whenever dh gets all "woe is me" sick I threaten to take him to the hospital and it usually gets him to shut up a bit. I'd rather be sick x 1000 then have to endure dh being sick. I'm sorry that James is showing such early sign of this behavior!

November 19th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I can relate to the "man cold" too DH whines like crazy when he is sick and so does Sam....def a man trait I think LOL

Happy Saturday girls!
November 19th, 2011, 06:02 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post

Glad my DH isn't the online who goes to the ER for ridiculous things! When I was 9 months pregnant with Sofia, DH caught the cold I had a few days earlier, and I had survived. He thought he was seriously ill so he called his mom to bring him to the ER because I refused to entertain it. By the time he got there he was claiming chest pains from my crazy pregnancy hormones yelling at him. He ended up spending the night in the ER, they did a ridiculous amount of tests, NOTHING was wrong with him, but they still wouldn't release him. Let's just say I waddled in there, gave the cardiologist that was in his room at the time an earful, the guy never came back LOL DH is obviously still alive, he wasn't dying like he thought, negotiate over the cold 3 days later just like I said he would. Men are so ridiculous sometimes.

November 19th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Just after 9am and already a 1 tantrum of epic proportions, gonna be a long day! Honestly I do not understand why my almost 4 yr has constant fits! when will they end? everytime I feel like this stage has passed it creeps back up again. *sigh* Sam is happy this morning at least LOL
November 19th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry Kim! I totally feel for you. As soon as I notice that things are getting better they get worse again. I'm all out of excuses for Oscar, he's no longer two, he's no longer adjusting to his new sister...dude is 4 and he's clearly just a really emotional, tempery kind of guy. Or I'm just a bad mom

I just plopped my kids in front if Monsters Inc so that I could have a few minutes to clean up before my dad, his wife, my bro and sil show up for brunch. Is it rude to start the mimosas before the guests arrive?

November 19th, 2011, 08:24 AM
no not too early!!..... mimosas for everyone!! I hear ya on the excuses I have no more, either I suck at being a mother or Sydney is just a very stubborn, emotional, perfectionist who is ummmm passionate about many things LOL I am going with the later.

We went for nice long walk, in the cold but fresh air does wonders. For now there is peace and harmony!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search