20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Has she seen Star Wars? With them about to reappear in theaters I think there will be even more love of Star Wars.
no, I haven't even ever seen Star Wars lame I know LOL

glad you had a good day Amanda!
January 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for good 1st days!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad your day went well, Amanda. The first couple of weeks are always kind of a drag while you are still learning everything. Hope your mind doesn't race too much tonight while you try to sleep!

Oscar has only seen 1 Star Wars movie (Empire Strikes Back) but was obsessed with it before he'd seen any of them. I didn't realize they were re-releasing them. Great. More Star Wars merch for O to want. He got into Toy Story right before TS3 came out, now he's into Star Wars right before they come out again. Darn you, movie marketers, why are you banking on my generations nostalgia!!!!!

January 9th, 2012, 08:11 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a ton of Star Wars stuff here that Michael LOVES ... and he's never seen any of the Star Wars movies.

We also have a little bit of a Toy Story addiction... he'd never seen any of them, but then at daycare they had the Buzz and the Woody etc... at first, he didn't even realize it was a movie. Now he's seen the first movie, and the addiction is even greater.

Transformers too....

Also, my kid (who has been raised in a non-violent-movie environment, and barely seen anything more dramatic than Toy Story or My Little Pony) LOVES guns. He told "Mama, I love guns!" and he turns his construction paper during crafting into guns... he turns sticks into guns, he makes Lego guns. I don't get it. I'm a terrible parent OR there's a gene for guns...

January 10th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gene for guns, for sure. You missed it, a few pages back I talked about how Holly has picked up on the word "gun" from her brother. Cuuuuuuute.

At first I was horrified and all that about the gun thing but now I kind of don't care. And maybe I never really did, I think it was more an embarrassment and worry of what others would think. Guns are a big no no with the moms around here, I bet it's the same where you are. I'm not big on the "well we did such and such growing up and we turned out fine" argument but my brothers and I certainly played lots of guns games growing up and we're a bunch of pretty gentle peeps now. I don't know, I just don't want to fight it, I don't actually believe it's really bad, that's he'll turn into a murderer, psycho panda poacher or anything. We tell him to only play shooting games with people who want to play, don't shoot strangers, no shooting at the table , we don't buy him guns (well, except for the nerf thing....), we're just kind of rolling with it. I think it's normal, I think he'll be ok. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better? Maybe, but I don't think so. In the grand scheme of things, I just think it's so totally unimportant.

January 10th, 2012, 05:21 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Coming from the house of peen over here, guns totally come out whether they're noted in family life or not. *Watches children run past with papertowel guns*
We follow the same lines as Michelle, and figure that my brother and i used to cap gun at eachother all the live long day and I've yet to cop a cap in someones arse.

oh and goodmorning!

January 10th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I agree on the gun thing Michelle, little boys seem to be drawn to guns even when there is no mention of guns within the home, def "gun gene" I think. I notice it with most of the little boys we know. My SIL was adamant that her son wouldn't know a thing about guns, he is now 8, he totally talks about and plays gun stuff. I grew up in a family that owned guns (my grandfather collected antique guns more for show than shooting up stuff) and while it was never really my thing and we do not own them now, still I turned out ok and didn't go all nutso and shoot squirrels

Tuesday, always better than Monday....I need to get Sydney's birthday invitations written out and passed out to her preschool friends. Currently my kid list is at 21 I am sure they won't all come but boy that seems like a lot! there are so many because along with her class she also has friends in the Pre K class since she spends a few afternoons there getting prepped for the transition to that room. oie vey!
January 10th, 2012, 05:39 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't posted here in alittle while....

Random thought of the day: Alicia LOVES pistachios. Um.

And now that I see it, I think its time to take down my Xmas siggy?

ooo OR I can leave it on until this XMAS, like some people do with the lights on their house?

Last edited by ChoMomma; January 10th, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
January 10th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a lot of kids! I'm dreading the big birthday party scene next year.

My favourite playgroup starts up again today. It's big, the kids can run and run and yell and whatever and I might even hang with some cool moms or sit and nurse my coffee in a quiet corner if the moms scene looks to be full of duds. Yay!

Hi Anna , always nice to see you here, even with your dated siggy (which beats my non existent siggy)

January 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Have fun at the playgroup!!

Anna the pic in my siggy is from October.....beat ya!

I need to find some motivation today, maybe another cup of coffee is in order!
January 10th, 2012, 05:56 AM
was that a hint......

January 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hey kelly, are you feeling better? are you going to make us all new siggies?

January 10th, 2012, 06:01 AM
the puke continues up in here, but i can take a few orders....

January 10th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparkles View Post
was that a hint......

January 10th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, I've never had a siggy before

that's nuts that you're still pukey. Do any of the kids have it?

January 10th, 2012, 06:41 AM
it's like the puke from he-ll. it keeps recirulating around. most of us are on round 2. i've stopped thankfully, but the kids keep right on trucking. blah!!
HOW HAVE YOU NEVER HAD A SIGGY BEFORE

January 10th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
Gosh, I've never had a siggy before

that's nuts that you're still pukey. Do any of the kids have it?
I think its time, you must do it

January 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post

Tuesday, always better than Monday....I need to get Sydney's birthday invitations written out and passed out to her preschool friends. Currently my kid list is at 21 I am sure they won't all come but boy that seems like a lot! there are so many because along with her class she also has friends in the Pre K class since she spends a few afternoons there getting prepped for the transition to that room. oie vey!
When are you sending out the birthday invitations? Syd's birthday is around the same time as Leah. We're having our first ever kids birthday party for her this year and I don't know the right time to do invitations to her school friends.

I agree that there's not much you can do about the gun thing. James isn't into them yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. One of my friends has two little boys (almost 5 and almost 3). She refused for a long time to expose them to anything violent for years, but the oldest just picked it up out of seemingly nowhere and now makes everything into guns and swords and all that lovely stuff. I think it is just built into the boy genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparkles View Post
it's like the puke from he-ll. it keeps recirulating around. most of us are on round 2. i've stopped thankfully, but the kids keep right on trucking. blah!!
HOW HAVE YOU NEVER HAD A SIGGY BEFORE
Yuck! Poor everybody. You should all just hide in different rooms on your own for a few days until it passes.
January 10th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Jennifer I am getting the invites ready today or tomorrow and then passing them out at school, I am not going thru the hassle of mailing them I am just putting them in each kids cubby LOL....I put the RSVP for 1/31 and her party is 2/11. Her actual birthday is 2/12. This is our first kid party and also the first we aren't just doing at home. I hope it doesn't snow that day and people actually show up! I really don't know many of the parents, the whole thing is making me stressed haha
January 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So how does it work, Kelly? I send you a picture, you work magic?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search