20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another busy morning in my neighborhood. We woke up to about 2-inches of snow on the ground this morning. And being the Pacific Northwest where we are used to rain and not snow, schools were on late start.

I somehow managed to so something to my knee last night or this morning because now it hurts to stand or walk. Ouchies!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Uh oh, Lisa. That stinks

Snow?! Ewwwwwww!!!
March 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Right?!? It's almost the middle of March and winter finally decides to arrive here. It looks like it's warming up though because most of what was on the ground this morning is slowly being washed away by the rain that is now falling. We are used to plenty of rain here, and now in the true winter - like December/January. Not March!

March 14th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Since the time change my kids have been sleeping until 7. It is such a thing of beauty. I know it won't last forever, so I'm appreciating it while it last.

More rain and less warm here today, but still better than winter!

Happy Wednesday, ladies!

March 14th, 2012, 05:21 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning! my kiddos have also been sleeping until at least 7, that isn't rare for Sydney but is rare for Sam, he is usually up at the crack of dawn!

ugg I think allergy season is in full effect, my head is so stuffed up right now, I had to break down and take meds because I feel so blah. pollen scale today is 8 out of 10 per the news, yep my nose can confirm that! oh well it is sunny and warm again so I should just suck it up and not complain.
March 14th, 2012, 06:08 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good morning! My sister found a puppy last night. She is adorable and I want to keep her. I just don't think we can afford it right now. (Kim already called 1st dibs haha)

March 14th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my, that's a cute puppy!

Is it strange that I don't feel responsible enough to have a dog yet feel perfectly responsible enough to have kids?

March 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute pup! She looks like she is in good condition. Does she not have a chip in her? Poor pup!

I can't believe it's only Wednesday. I wish I could turn my light in my office out, shut the door and take a nap.
March 14th, 2012, 06:30 AM
She was very clean. I'm not sure about a chip yet. We will take her to get it checked out. She had a collar on but it was a cat collar and WAY too tight for her. We stopped at my parents house and got a new collar, leash and crate.

I gave her a bath and bought her some food. She seemed very hungry. She spent the night in our kitchen and did pretty well. She pooped on the floor but I think she is just a puppy and not house trained. My sister is trying to convince us to keep her. If she isn't chipped I'm not sure what we will do. The vet said it is $45 for a check up. and she will need Rabies and Temperment shots at $20/piece. My sister said she would pay.

March 14th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I love that puppy, Sydney would love her too!

dogs are a lot of work Michelle, I wouldn't feel bad about not feeling dog responsible LOL...we have 1 dog and that is our limit haha
March 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dog typically doesn't have a collar on because he hates it. Only has a collar when we take him for a walk, but then he has a leash on so it's no problem of him getting lost. haha

I bet you could call around to some vets to see if anyone is missing a dog. She looks in too good shape to not have a home. Granted I have only seen one pic!

Keep us posted!
March 14th, 2012, 08:38 AM
My dogs wear cat collars and I know of several other smaller dogs who do as well. They make them smaller than even the tiniest dog collars so the fit is better. We also have ours on the dogs slightly tighter than what one would consider "a good fit" because they can get them off if they work at it. Also, with a cat collar if it gets snagged on something most of them have a break away feature that many dog collars don't have. So if they dog were, say digging and trying to squirm under a fence if the collar got caught it would snap and the dog wouldn't be strangled. Anywhoooo.... my dogs rarely wear their collars because they are inside and in the fenced back yard. I'd definitely check with some local vets and pet stores to see if someone is missing her. If she's well groomed, there is bound to be someone looking for her, micro chip or not. Dogs are like children for many families, so people are devastated when they go missing. I know I would want to do everything in my power to reunite a lost pup with it's owner.

I honestly can't believe that it's only Wednesday. I've been slammed at work, but this week is totally dragging.

March 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I just checked on Craiglist. Ironically, there is a lost dog on there that was "last seen" exactly where we found this dog. But that is a Chihuahua and there is a picture. I called the SPCA but they are closed on Wednesdays. I will definitely do everything I can to find her owner. I know how I would feel if my dog (who is really my parents dog but we got him while I still lived at home) got lost. It would brake my heart.

We are going to the vet after I get off work to check for a chip and will go from there.

March 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope the puppy story has a wonderfully happy ending

My throat is hurting and nose is tickling. I wish I could blame allergies but I've recently been pretty extensively tested and I don't have any (except cats. they kill me). Please, good gods, no sickies. Maybe I'll go buy myself an overpriced fancy tea down the street to ward of the sick demons.

March 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
what is this crap, i just deiced my driveway, oh hellsno snowflakes. hellsno

March 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kelly, it's your fault for putting all the winter gear away yesterday!!!!

March 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Kelly, where did you buy underwear for Ella? I can't find any small enough for Holly. Despite my laziness and lack of prodding, she requested to get out of the tub to pee in the potty tonight. Guess I should be giving training a whirl? Fingers crossed she's one of them early, self taught potty peeps.

March 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm jealous of the people who have no yard work. When we moved into this house dh didn't realize how much yard work their was, and he didn't do it properly, and it ended up killing off a bunch of the backyard grass now, and now I hate our backyard, HATE it.

The kids love to play in, but we've got to do something to fix it up...cuz it disgusts me to be out there.

March 15th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Morning ladies! I think it is official, I am sick :/ I have been blaming allergies for my stuffy head but I woke up today with a low grade fever and feeling like poo, I never get fevers unless I am sick so there ya have it....Kim is sick! and miserable and would love to go back to bed but is going to tough it out and work or at least try to. wah, wah, wah!
March 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning. Boo to sick. I am also sick. I was kind of hoping the kids would also be sick (worst mom ever!) so that we could all be on the same low key, sleepy, hiding under a blanket page but no luck. They are full of energy. Kim, we will make it through this day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search