20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I could totally go for food court supper! We're having turkey sausage and some sort of pasta with brussel sprouts.

I just got back from the grocery store and there was a big storm. Walking up our front walk a big branch came crashing down and missed my head by about half an inch. Yikes! Guess today is my lucky day?

Anyone else get some crazy weather this afternoon?

May 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Wow! That's scary. Glad it missed you!

It sunny and almost 80 here.

May 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
eeek that is scary! it is nice here too in the sunny state of PA it poured last night though complete with thunder and lightning, it was loud!
May 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It rained here, but nothing too crazy. It's very windy though, as usual.
I'm glad the branch decided to spare your life, Michelle.

DH is on his way home, yay! Leah is super excited to see what surprise he is bringing her and James doesn't seem to have noticed anyone missing at all. Poor DH.

James *finally* mastered the slide. For a few months now, I've been watching other toddlers plop down and zoom down while James struggled to get his legs out straight and refused to go down unless he was holding both of my hands. Tonight, something just clicked. He just sat down and slid without reaching for me and he loved it! I'm so proud.
May 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go James! It's funny how that is with those little guys, eh? It just takes for them to have their little "a-ha!" moments and then off they go. Did your dh go anywhere exciting?

I was supposed to run tonight but it took too long to put the kids to sleep and my sportsbra is in the dryer...so I'm bailing. Lame-o. But I ate really well today so it sort of balances out?

May 16th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He went to Texas for work. Not exciting, since he got there yesterday morning and left around 3pm today. I think what I imagine Texas to be is much more exciting than what it really is. Based on all the 2 or 3 pictures DH took last time, it looks exactly the same as here.

You can always run tomorrow... or the next day... or the day after that.
May 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes Michelle, that is scary. I'd say an incident like that qualifies you for a night off running.

Yay for DH's being home soon. My only experience of Texas was hot and super super stuffy. I stood on the grassy knoll and could barely breathe it was so humid.

We are currently waiting for cupcakes to finish baking. They shall be frosted tomorrow. I am starting to finally get an idea about workflow of these things so I don't end up frosting cupcakes into the wee hours of the night.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 16th, 2012, 08:54 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Alex and I got caught in that storm coming from Gare-Centrale to Atwater. Holy hail and wind.
I have had a crap day, and am currently very drunk on wine. I plan on not sending my child to school tomorrow cause **** it, and will regret this come morning. Happy extra long weekends.

May 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
Good morning! the house number story is hysterical haha. sorry you had a bad day yesterday though, hopefully today is better! The sun is out here too after a loud night of thunderstorms that only seemed to keep me up :/

and as for losing it, for the last few weeks I have been thinking that Sam's birthday is next Tuesday but really it's on Monday, I mean I knew it was the 21st but it wasn't until last night that I realized the 21st is Monday and not Tuesday, one less day of him being 1 wahhhhhhhhhh

Good luck with vacating baby Terra, maybe she will come on the 21st and can share a birthday with Sam!
At least you know he's turning 2. DH says to me two days ago at dinner, "You know, I'm loosing it, I really thought Amber was turning 2 in June." And I was like "She is..."

I'd take the 21st I'm hoping for the 17th though! And if that happens I'll hope for the 18th...and so on!

May 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MamaTutu~ View Post
It rained here, but nothing too crazy. It's very windy though, as usual.
I'm glad the branch decided to spare your life, Michelle.

DH is on his way home, yay! Leah is super excited to see what surprise he is bringing her and James doesn't seem to have noticed anyone missing at all. Poor DH.

James *finally* mastered the slide. For a few months now, I've been watching other toddlers plop down and zoom down while James struggled to get his legs out straight and refused to go down unless he was holding both of my hands. Tonight, something just clicked. He just sat down and slid without reaching for me and he loved it! I'm so proud.
Funny thing is Amber mastered the slide a long time ago because she has no fear...it is not a good thing. However, my 3 year old has times he hasn't got it down!!!

May 17th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hehe, Oscar is actually more nervous on slides than Holly is too.

Kelly, I hope today is a better day. I looks like it's going to be beauuuuutiful, hopefully you have some fun with the kids. Do you have long weekend plans?

I have no experience with Texas but dh LOVED Austin and was bored to tears with...Houston? But he was also just there for business, from the studio to the hotel room pretty much every day.

No big plans for today, just lots of outside, I think.

I put some lilacs in a vase in the kitchen and Holly is obsessed with them. All she wants to do is sit at the table and look at them and smell them and offer them her water. Such a little lady, sometimes.

Looks like I'm feeling chatty today...

May 17th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Think we can get it to 4700 posts today?

May 17th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Morning, I feel surprisingly not that bad. Holly and lilacs sounds adorable. It's the sweet moments like that that we'll remember.
This stupid psychologist that is supposed to be diagnosing Liam, thinks there's absolutely nothing wrong with a boy who hear voices that tell him to do things, and scare him so much that he cries? Or the fact can barely form a coherent sentence relevant to anything that may be going on at any given point.
She say he's just an eager boy, and was going to give him PDDNOS last visit, but, Liam is able to play and say hello, so that can't be it.
And basically she told his she wasn't going to give us coding for him for school because she can't seem to justify it. You know the same kid who the only way he's survived this year is because he's been feeding off the child in his classes shadow? Ya that kid doesn't need the help.
The teacher has reported that he hears voices, and speaks almost like a robot spitting irrelevant facts, but guess that doesn't matter either.
This moron thinks that all this is a result of MY crappy parenting. You know, because I whisper in my kids ear telling him to hurt himself for fun?
I went into that silent anger, the one that my father gets into. I couldn't speak, I wanted nothing more than to strangle her. She then hands me a book on parenting, because you know, the other 20 kids i've had didn't make it, but by golly i should give these 4 a good go huh?

Anycrap, I'm done with this person. I'll sell my camera to pay for a private diagnosis, I don't really care at this point. I'm not having my child's anxiety build and build and him continue to struggle to the point of tears every day at school for the next 10 years.
Sorry for the monologue. I'm just so frustrated.

May 17th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no. Second opinion, for sure! Holy cow, I can't imagine how terribly frustrating that must be. Does Alex have any good psych connections from his work at the hospital? Was this someone from the school?

May 17th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I am sorry Kelly that is horrible! the system is whack here and there too apparently!! Hugs and love! you are an awesome mama!!!

it is beautiful out today! Sunny and breezy, perfect! I have to clean and food shop, the weekend is creeping up on me and I need to get stuff done! we went to the mall last night and it turned into an epic fail, Syd threw a fit because I wouldn't let her get a Build a Bear, Sam then got peeved because we were leaving the mall and screamed the whole way home because he wanted to go back to the mall? WTH lol

yay for James mastering the slide! Sam has mastered climbing up the slide, not sure how I feel about that but he is super proud of himself about it so I guess pride is good

My mom has her appointment today, I am nervous :/ it isn't until 1:30 and they always run late so who knows when I will know the outcome, hoping for some good news!

Happy birthday to Junebug Luke today! today is also my sister and BIL anniversary they have been married for 25 yrs! wow! they rock! I love them both to pieces!

ok guess I am chatty too! lol oh and come on baby Terra make your grand entrance, mama is waiting!!!!!!!
May 17th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday, Luke!

Thinking of you, your Mom and her appointment today, Kim. How there be bad news on such a beautiful day, right? It has to be good news

Holly has moved on from the flowers to filling her "pockets" with toys. She's in a footed sleeper and is squeezing things in the space between the snaps, so her legs are all fat with little toys and crayons that she can squeeze in there. She rattles when she walks.

May 17th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
Oh no. Second opinion, for sure! Holy cow, I can't imagine how terribly frustrating that must be. Does Alex have any good psych connections from his work at the hospital? Was this someone from the school?
He's going to ask around at work today, but I've asked a mom from Noah's school for the number of the woman who privately diagnosed her son and call her today.
It is frustrating because we see it, his teacher sees/saw it it. Alerted the school. The school board came in and observed him. The school board felt it was pressing enough to pass on to the mental health department from the clsc. The clsc felt they were unable to deal with it and passed it on to psychology.
How many people other than us have realized there's something very off with my kid, and yet, that's just me and my parenting. And I need to learn how to appreciate his emotions. Because im sure everyone appreciates a good 3 hour tantrum of you being afraid that he's going to seriously hurt himself, his siblings or destroy things. And then not remember them afterwards. GRRRR.

Swinging a budgie for your mama today Kim. I may even swing a psychologist for good measure. By the head.

thanks! only good news on a beautiful day, that sounds about right!

Oh Holly!!! LOL that is adorable! Sam stashes stuff everywhere these days, I find things in the strangest places LOL but filling your sleeper with treasures is classic! haha
Awesssssssssssss to Holly. She sounds particularly cute today.

May 17th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's totally messed up that all those people see there's something and just 1 person throws the whole thing off? Total baloney! I have a psychologist friend who has a clinic in Pointe Claire, she doesn't do kid's stuff but her partner does. Let me know if you need a name, but it sounds like you are set up. Really hope things get sorted out quickly and properly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search