20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 05:50 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I'll call today and see where I get with this name I've been given and get back to you Michelle, I appreciate it.

May 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is total BS, Kelly. Second opinion for sure. We've talked about this, and you know I am a very similar boat with the behavior and long , destructive, scary tantrums only to be told "Meh, he's a boy.." Infuriating. I think sometimes doctors are afraid to actually give a diagnosis in fear that it will come back to them at some point in a negative way. I thought it was just our messed up American system - seems like it's a common thread among medical professionals. I shall be swinging a bird or two of my own over here for you in hopes you get answers quickly.

Happy Birthday to Luke!! Time is flying way too fast.

Thoughts with your Mom this afternoon, Kim. It's a great day for some good news!

Nothing to write home about in my side of the world. We are working with Noelle on saying Happy Birthday to different people. She gets it for herself but that's about as far as it goes. Evidently toddler logic must state that only one person can have a birthday in one day - ever. This morning was "Happy Birthday... Luke" and "Happy Birthday.... Maia (our dog)" She was good to go with the dog. Not so good to go with Luke. Her response was "No Luke Birthday. Happy Birthday Maia (with great emphasis on Maia). Luke a-morrow (tomorrow)" Silly girl.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's pretty cute of her though!

May 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You ladies are a chatty bunch this morning!

Lots of positive thoughts for your mom this afternoon, Kim!

Kelly, I ditto everyone. It's ridiculous that even though everyone sees something is wrong, this lady is chalking it up to bad parenting. I hope you find a decent doc who will properly diagnose him. Can the school request a second opinion from someone else so that you don't have to cover the cost?
May 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How's everyone's day going so far?

Turns out it's much cooler out than I originally thought and we froze at the park this morning. Some kids had tuques on...mine had shorts on. Oops. We didn't stay long. We'll try again after Holly's nap, with appropriate clothing. otherwise, not much to report.

Any good news from Kim or Kelly?

May 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You know what's a terrible, terrible idea? Reading an article about tapeworm larvae that lodge themselves in your brain. Good god.

Lemme know if you want me to share the link!!!

May 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG gross! did you ever see that show I think it's called "Monsters Inside Me" or something like that, it's about that sort of thing, it makes me a nervous wreck lol

no news yet, last I heard they were still waiting to be seen and the dr was to quote my sister "very, very behind" typical but the waiting it torture
May 17th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine how long the wait must be for you, Kim!

May 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That was a storyline on Grey's last week. So gross.

I had a doctors appt. this morning and then james napped. He is playing with trains and horses now. I'm only allowed to watch.
May 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
mama update! it shrunk! the evil tumor shrunk a lot! and she can now have surgery to remove it! it is scheduled for next Wed, the surgery that is and also they going to biopsy the liver lesions (and I don't have details on this because I am only working on a text as they are still at the hospital getting pre admission testing) but there is a possibility that the those lesions may not be malignant, due to changes he noted on the CT that aren't consistent with malignancies. I am no dr but this sounds promising. When she had her initial scan he initially thought the spots on her liver were mets from the tumor but he wasn't really focusing on them because the primary goal was to shrink the tumor so he could remove it and then deal with the liver, if those spots aren't cancer this is a very good thing. Sweet Pete some good news! now to get thru the surgery....less than one week! whew!
May 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
: claps:
May 17th, 2012, 01:31 PM
correction her surgery is on the 30th not next week, I am losing it! just a tad haha

thanks girls!
May 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! So happy that you guys got some good news. yay!!!!!!

May 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
thanks! I just got off the phone with my mom she said the moment the Dr walked into the room he said "so Ann, do you believe in miracles?" to which she replied "I have no other choice, I have cancer" LOL my mom, I love her! and then he said he was astounded at how much the tumor had shrunk, he expected it to shrink but it is nearly gone completely! and the liver thing he said initially the radiologist described the spots a likely malignant due their appearance, they looked jagged but they have gotten smaller, rounder, smoother, the radiologist said they now appear to be cystic which isn't consistent with cancer???? how does this happen? I have no idea but I have to think that good June 10 PR juju is a primary factor! seriously girls thanks for all your good, positive thoughts, I love you guys!
May 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's so awesome Kim. All those positive thoughts had to have counted for something We'll keep sending the good juju for the surgery.

May 17th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dang, totally not going to make it to 4700 today, but Kim's good news more than makes up for it

May 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's only a little less than 25 posts away... We could rally tonight??

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 17th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am here before and after Grey's to post.

That's wonderful news, Kim. Hopefully it's all good news for your mom from now on.

Michelle, you're just about to pass me on number of posts.
May 17th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
do it!
by what i've seen from facebook, looks like kelly is at the mall tonight?

May 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Eating french fries.

I spent an hour at the drug store with James tonight waiting for a prescription. He managed to touch almost everything. His favourite area was the make-up section because there was so much stuff and he knew it was impossible for me to stop him from touching everything. Little troublemaker!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search