20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great, not only do I have to make it to 4700 but I have to outpost Jennifer? Pressure!!

I had a similar experience with Holly, recently. Even from the stroller she can manage to get her little paws on every single bottle of nail polish in the universe!

May 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Post-bedtime clean up complete. Now to enjoy a tidy, quiet home for a couple hours. So nice

May 17th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy

It's motivation for me to come on more during the day. Can't let you beat me!

Does anyone have trouble with older kids not staying in bed after bedtime. Leah is out of her room within 2 minutes every night for seemingly no reason (to tell me something, show us something, whatever). Usually it just happens once or twice, but it's annoying. Tonight it has been non-stop since she went to bed. Man on man.
May 17th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we go through phases when that happens with O but I'm kind of a giant B when it comes to bedtime and have a very low tolerance for it. I also try and cover all the bases before saying goodnight so that he has no excuses to get out. A pee, a water bottle in bed, whatever toy he needs in bed that night, a discussion of the next day's events, etc. Anything else and he gets a very mean "it can wait until tomorrow!" he still wins sometimes though and it makes me crazy!

May 17th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a really hard time being mean mom with Leah. But this is my work time, so it's really distracting. I'll try your method of getting everything done before she goes to bed and see if that helps.

My neighbour is having a serious sneezing fit. It must be allergies or something. One of their dogs barks every time she sneezes, almost like he's saying bless you. It's so funny!
May 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, that must be kind of funny to hear. And then eventually annoying.

I'm buried under a mountain of laundry to fold....

May 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have fun folding laundry. See you in an hour.
May 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It wasn't fun!!!!

May 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i got a really nice bottle of wine last week that has been screaming my name every night this week but it's too nice to drink alone and it's killing me to keep waiting....

first world problem!

May 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy

May 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy

i'm going to go read in bed, so close yet so far to the goal!

Goodnight!

May 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Come back!!!

Oh well. I will make it for you, Michelle.
May 17th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Although reading does sound appealing...

I bought some SPF 110 sunscreen tonight. Just the idea of that number makes me feel like running around outside at 1pm (which I don't do because I'm a paranoid person who avoids the sun between 11 and 3pm).
May 17th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH told me tonight I am due for a haircut. Should I be insulted? I guess I'll be getting my haircut next week.
May 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel silly chatting with myself. Good night ladies!
May 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I'm determined to make this work.

May 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Luckily (???) I can't sleep. The dream is still alive!

meh...

May 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Liiiiiiissssssssaaaaaaa, Help me out over there in your time zone!!!!

May 17th, 2012, 10:41 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
Think we can get it to 4700 posts today?
Is this post why I suddenly had to go back several pages to try and catch up? Which happens to be OK as I'm again evaluating if baby is coming tonight...sick of evaluating, ready to just know it is happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
I am sorry Kelly that is horrible! the system is whack here and there too apparently!! Hugs and love! you are an awesome mama!!!

it is beautiful out today! Sunny and breezy, perfect! I have to clean and food shop, the weekend is creeping up on me and I need to get stuff done! we went to the mall last night and it turned into an epic fail, Syd threw a fit because I wouldn't let her get a Build a Bear, Sam then got peeved because we were leaving the mall and screamed the whole way home because he wanted to go back to the mall? WTH lol

yay for James mastering the slide! Sam has mastered climbing up the slide, not sure how I feel about that but he is super proud of himself about it so I guess pride is good

My mom has her appointment today, I am nervous :/ it isn't until 1:30 and they always run late so who knows when I will know the outcome, hoping for some good news!

Happy birthday to Junebug Luke today! today is also my sister and BIL anniversary they have been married for 25 yrs! wow! they rock! I love them both to pieces!

ok guess I am chatty too! lol oh and come on baby Terra make your grand entrance, mama is waiting!!!!!!!
We had a Junebug birthday today?

May 17th, 2012, 10:47 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCalhoun View Post
He's going to ask around at work today, but I've asked a mom from Noah's school for the number of the woman who privately diagnosed her son and call her today.
It is frustrating because we see it, his teacher sees/saw it it. Alerted the school. The school board came in and observed him. The school board felt it was pressing enough to pass on to the mental health department from the clsc. The clsc felt they were unable to deal with it and passed it on to psychology.
How many people other than us have realized there's something very off with my kid, and yet, that's just me and my parenting. And I need to learn how to appreciate his emotions. Because im sure everyone appreciates a good 3 hour tantrum of you being afraid that he's going to seriously hurt himself, his siblings or destroy things. And then not remember them afterwards. GRRRR.

Swinging a budgie for your mama today Kim. I may even swing a psychologist for good measure. By the head.
When I student taught there was this one kid we recommended they look at...they looked at him and came up with things we didn't see wrong with him, but not the ones we did! So frustrating.

BTW I got the 4700 post it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
How's everyone's day going so far?

Turns out it's much cooler out than I originally thought and we froze at the park this morning. Some kids had tuques on...mine had shorts on. Oops. We didn't stay long. We'll try again after Holly's nap, with appropriate clothing. otherwise, not much to report.

Any good news from Kim or Kelly?
My day was pretty good. I had a midwife appointment earlier and had changed on dilation and effacement and station since Monday so I was excited! However, I've had brown discharge/spotting since then quite a bit, and that's never happened to me in 5 pregnancies after a cervical check and I'm contracting so of course I'm spending the evening going "Is this it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
mama update! it shrunk! the evil tumor shrunk a lot! and she can now have surgery to remove it! it is scheduled for next Wed, the surgery that is and also they going to biopsy the liver lesions (and I don't have details on this because I am only working on a text as they are still at the hospital getting pre admission testing) but there is a possibility that the those lesions may not be malignant, due to changes he noted on the CT that aren't consistent with malignancies. I am no dr but this sounds promising. When she had her initial scan he initially thought the spots on her liver were mets from the tumor but he wasn't really focusing on them because the primary goal was to shrink the tumor so he could remove it and then deal with the liver, if those spots aren't cancer this is a very good thing. Sweet Pete some good news! now to get thru the surgery....less than one week! whew!
Glad to hear this

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search