20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
thanks! I just got off the phone with my mom she said the moment the Dr walked into the room he said "so Ann, do you believe in miracles?" to which she replied "I have no other choice, I have cancer" LOL my mom, I love her! and then he said he was astounded at how much the tumor had shrunk, he expected it to shrink but it is nearly gone completely! and the liver thing he said initially the radiologist described the spots a likely malignant due their appearance, they looked jagged but they have gotten smaller, rounder, smoother, the radiologist said they now appear to be cystic which isn't consistent with cancer???? how does this happen? I have no idea but I have to think that good June 10 PR juju is a primary factor! seriously girls thanks for all your good, positive thoughts, I love you guys!
That really is great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MamaTutu~ View Post

It's motivation for me to come on more during the day. Can't let you beat me!

Does anyone have trouble with older kids not staying in bed after bedtime. Leah is out of her room within 2 minutes every night for seemingly no reason (to tell me something, show us something, whatever). Usually it just happens once or twice, but it's annoying. Tonight it has been non-stop since she went to bed. Man on man.
My 3 year old is the king of not staying in his bedroom, which gets the other kids out of theirs...if they're asleep when he goes upstairs (like if we keep him downstairs) it doesn't happen though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
It wasn't fun!!!!
Laundry never is!

May 18th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay, Christen! you got us to our goal i hope your reward is a BABY!!

Good morning. I was up until 3, tossing, turning, talking with dh. Bah. It will be a long day today. We have an orientation at Oscar's kindergarten today, he will get taken into his class with the other kids while we get all the info. It's a big deal for us! Especially because we have some worries about sending him to an all French school. Today will either put our minds at ease or send us to register at the English/French immersion school. Dh is even coming to the 8:45 meeting The only time he is usually seen that early in the morning is when he's coming home from work especially late.

And it's Friday, hurray! Canadian Moms, any long weekend plans? American Moms, what up, yo?

May 18th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kelly, do you think it`s the worst idea ever to apply for a reception job at tiny tots? would it be awful? are they awful?

May 18th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good job everyone!

Good luck at kindergarten Michelle. I say go all French. As long as one of you understands it will be fine and it's a great opportunity for Oscar. :-)
May 18th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are both bilingual, we just feel kind of bad because we'll be throwing him into a sea of pure French and he only has a very basic understanding so it will be a little stressful for him at first. But dh and I both survived the same scenario when we were little...he'll be fine!

May 18th, 2012, 06:17 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow you guys really rock with the posting! I can't even keep up haha!

Happy Friday! another sunny day, I have work to do and need to clean my house, my parents are coming tomorrow and my mom, Sydney and I have a baby shower to go to. Then Sunday evening my inlaws are coming over for a BBQ to celebrate Sam's birthday, I am going to attempt to make an Elmo cake, I got all the supplies yesterday but I have only ever decorated cupcakes before so question for anyone that knows......can I bake the cake part say, tonight? and freeze the cake? will that be ok? I am just trying to save time plus I would think a really cold cake would be easier to decorate? no? yes? help LOL

Here is the cake I am going to attempt http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...2-21375910.jpg

looks easy enough....I hope haha
May 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
Kelly, do you think it`s the worst idea ever to apply for a reception job at tiny tots? would it be awful? are they awful?
There is one woman who always seems like she's going to have a heart attack. Life is not that stressful, calm down. The other woman is SO nice. I think it'd be worth it.

We opted for immersion here, but that's because I'm not fond of the french schools in this area. I think he'll do fine, and the early he grasps on to it, the easier it will be for him

May 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Agreed with Kelly. The earlier the better, and they adjust very quickly.

I was planning on spending the morning at the museum with James, but he decided to nap instead. So it may be a park/picnic day instead.

No big plans this weekend. A couple of bbqs with family. That is all. I think DH works on Monday since he works for American companies, so I'll have the kids to myself on Monday.
May 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hi

May 18th, 2012, 09:15 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I just watched a video of a baby born w/anecephaly. I don't know why I do these things. It was completely heartbreaking.

I am thankful that I brought Levi over in my bed last night so that I could fall asleep holding him. And he woke up when DH left for work so we cuddled for an hour this morning.

It makes other things in life seem so small!

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your babies!
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

May 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning. Sorry I bailed on the goal last night. I have been getting stomach aches and headaches pretty much every day for the last week or so. Last night was no different, but I had a cupcake order to fill so I put most of my focus on that.

Adorable cake, Kim! I am sure it will turn out great!

I did stay up to watch Greys (huge disappointment there) and got sucked into Sandal after as well. Tosses and turned for an hour and was just falling asleep when Noelle woke up and tossed and turned in my bed for another 3 hours. It's fumes for me today for sure. So glad it's friday.

Anyone have anything exciting planned for the weekend?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, that looks like a fancy cake. Be sure to take a picture of your cake too when it's ready. Have a fun party!

How did the meeting go today, Michelle?

Kelly, how is Ella enjoying her new glasses?

Lisa, have you gone to see the doctor about all the pains?

Last edited by ~MamaTutu~; May 18th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
May 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, you can definitely bake the cake today and freeze it. I do that all the time. Looks like fun, can't wait to see pics

Thanks for the tiny tots low down, Kelly. I need to talk to dh about it. I really feel like the family could use another source of income right now but I think dh feels it's more important for me to be home. But the money stresses...they be keepin' me up all night! Ugh.

Lisa, what's up with the belly/head pain? Is it stress related or something else? Either way, you and I will make it through the day with little to no sleep, k? Just keep your eye on the weekend prize.

The meeting at O's school went ok. O was less than thrilled to be taken away to the class and had a tough time being the only anglo in his class but the teachers reassured us that he'd be fine. Which we know he will be, but it's still no fun to see him being the only sad kid Our main concern, actually, was that they wouldn't let him go to that school (weird, annoying Quebec school intricacies) because he is so English, but it looks like that won't be an issue, so...whatever. The fist few weeks of school will be rough be I know he'll pull through, just like dh and I did back in the day!

Phew. My main problem with meeting this morning was a mom friend who was there with her boy telling me after that they won't be sending him there (which we already knew, she was basically just coming to poke her nose around) because "it just doesn't seem like a very good school. No offense". Actually, I am offended, B face.

May 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM
how could you not take offense to that..."oh your kid is going here and no offense but this school kinda sucks" B face is right....you should of just taken a book and avoided peer contact

I bet O does great there!!

I am baking the cakes now and will freeze and then decorate either Sat night or Sun morning, wish me luck, they look a little puffy, the cakes I mean LOL oh well A for effort, I never claimed to be a baker but I try every now and then haha
May 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A for effort, indeed! If the cake puffs too much just slice it down a bit and mail me the pieces. I'm going through cake withdrawal!

That mom is totally the mom who causes me to bring books to playgroup. She has been concerned about kindergarten since our boys were 2! And we all knew where her kid would end up going: THE EXPENSIVE SCHOOL!!

May 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any exciting plans for this weekend. O has a bday party to attend tomorrow that I guess I also have to go to. I may go over to my mom's and shop for flowers for our little planters...eat ice cream. That's about it.

May 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, no dr. for me. I tend to be the one who only goes in as a last resort. Not sure if it's stress, something else causing it. The headache worries me more than anything so if it keeps up another week or two I will give a call to my doc. Neither is horrible pain, just the ick don't want to eat sort of tummy ache, and a dull headache at the front of my head.

Booo to the B-mom at the school. I am sure O will do just fine. Kindergarten is an adjustment regardless of the language they are teaching in, but kids are strangely adaptable. Keep these world in mind for me come September when I am sending Genna off on the bus to high school and Stephen off on the bus to his new elementary school. I have been spending the better part of the last week trying to figure out how I could work full time and just drive them both to and from school every day.

We don't have anything exciting for the weekend. House cleaning and grocery shopping tomorrow is about as exciting as it gets. Hopefully I will get to the craft store at lunch today so I can start a few projects I have been thinking of for the girls party in June, but that's about it.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Woo, just finished my work for the week!
MrsCalhoun and who_it_is like this.

May 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
yay!....as for weekend plans, I was supposed to get together with an old friend who haven't seen in ages tonight, she of course canceled last minute because something else came up i.e something way more exciting than sitting on my deck watching my kids run around the yard, whatevs, I knew that would happen.....tomorrow my parents are coming in the morning and then Syd, my mom and I have a baby shower to go to, it's about an hr away, I don't feel like going yet feel like I can't not go, soooooo I guess we are going......Sunday will be breakfast with my parents and then an evening BBQ with my inlaws to celebrate Sam's birthday, which is Monday, my little man is going to be 2!!!!!!! holy cow those 2 years went fast!
May 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just spent most of the afternoon pretending to sleep waiting for James to settle down. Now I have to wake him up to get his sister at the bus stop.

Oscar will be ok. I was terrified of Leah going to school because she had never been away from me. She started crying at the interview when they took her away to show her the classroom and stuff. And it was hard for her at first, but she put on a brave face and within a couple of weeks she was loving it.

LOL at the B face comment. I hate moms like that. And there's at least one in every class. DH and I call those moms "Maximoms" because the first one we met has a son named Max.

This made me think of something that DH and I laughed about for weeks when leah was first born that would never make any sense to anyone else. And actually this comment probably doesn't make any sense. But I'm laughing so hard again...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search