20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! Welcome to the work week, Americans

Big thunderstorm woke the kids up this morning. Holly is adorably nervous about the thunder. She also keeps saying that the thunder is "eating snacks"

Had a good scare yesterday when Holly fell backwards off the top bunk. I didn't know the kids were up there until I heard the screams. Luckily (and hilariously, in hindsight) she fell bum first into the laundry hamper and was perfectly wedged in there I need to just think about what did happen and not what could have happened.

Busy day here today, lots of errands to run and work to do. Should really get cracking...

May 29th, 2012, 05:01 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good morning! back to reality after a nice long weekend! I dread work today and I have to get my house back in order, blah! in good news the weekend was nice, the kids loved hanging in the pool and swimming, it was good.

Oh Michelle that is scary! it happens though and glad she was ok! Sam fell backwards off our kitchen stool a few months back, scared the bejeezus out of me, he was fine of course but it does cause a fright for sure!

My mom has her surgery tomorrow, thinking positive thoughts, will be a long day for my poor daddy with all the waiting at the hospital :/ if all goes well she will be out of the hospital in 3-5 days, of course she insists she will only be there 3 but we will see.
May 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, sending lots of good surgery vibes your mom's way! Glad you had a good weekend, the pics on fb look super fun You're such a babe, Kim!

May 29th, 2012, 05:29 AM
aww well thank you .....I must admit every time I spend a weekend at "home" I want to move back, I think the country, small town air does my children good, I couldn't wait to leave that town when I was growing up and now I want to move back, how cliche' haha....my DH would never go for it though he is too city for that place, bummer :/
May 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be sending all my positive vibes to your mom tomorrow, Kim. It seems like things are going her way now, so she probably will manage to get out in 3 days.

Michelle, scary but thank goodness Holly found a safe place to land. She's a lucky lady!

We should be getting those thunderstorms here this afternoon.

Lots of big trucks on our street today. Everyone seems to be doing some house "facelifting" this Summer. Our big fix-up was to plant grass seed. Are any of you ladies doing big renos to the house this Summer?
May 29th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We rent but we're trying to nudge the landlord into repaving the driveway/alley. We live on one of the shortest streets in the city but there is ALWAYS someone doing major renos on it! They are all really old places and there is always a foundation or brickwork that needs to be done. Good news for the kids who love the equipment, bad news for the dh who sleeps in the morning.

I only made it through 3/4 of my workout today...

May 29th, 2012, 07:25 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good morning girlfrands!

We had an awesome long weekend. Lots of family time and fun stuff! And I got a tan

I feel so much better at work this morning. Not so cranky about coming in and doing the same thing everyday. I think 3 day weekends should be mandatory for moral once a month.

I hope everything goes well with your Mom Kim! Nothing but positive thoughts coming her way!

Michelle...I did zero percent of a workout today so I would say 3/4 is better than nothing!

May 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
glad you had a nice weekend Amanda!.....we have nothing major planned for our house this year, we were going to re do the front sidewalk however we are do-it-yourselfers and we just don't seem to have the time right now, so for now it will wait. We do need to start refinishing our basement though, since if got flooded during last summers hurricane it has been sitting in a state of demolition, it used to be our game room/spare bedroom and bathroom and now it is a $%#^hole LOL...we need to work on it because I am sick of looking at it when I go down there plus my parents needs the room for when they visit, right now they have to sleep on an air mattress, not very welcoming :/
May 29th, 2012, 08:54 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning my lovelies!! It was nice to have 4 days off, but almost too long. I walked into the office this morning and for a moment couldn't remember the last time I sat at my desk. I guess that's the sign of a great long weekend.

DH and I spent the day friday running errands. We found him a new wedding band (his is now too large and not able to be re-sized) and sent mine off to the shop to be re-sized as well. Somehow between the time I got it and now my fingers have grown 1.5 ring sizes... No wonder my finger felt like it was on the verge of falling off almost all of the time. It's strange having nothing on my finger.

Yay for well placed laundry baskets, Michelle. Glad it was there to catch Holly. We have a bunk bed in the girls room and I always worry about Noelle climbing up on it and falling.

My brag of the day is that Noelle spent the whole weekend in underpants with minimal accidents. I actually debated sending her to day care this morning in underpants and ended up opting for a pull up. I let them know about her progress this morning, and gave them the option- diaper, pull up or underpants... Hopefully they will choose underpants, but I am fairly certain it will be diaper or pull ups for her until they can see that she is 99%.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like everyone had a good long weekend, three cheers to that!

I need to go get Oscar soccer cleats for his game tonight...but there are supposed to be thunder showers this evening. I'm lazy (and busy) but if I don't go get them, the game won't be cancelled. Chances are if I do go get them it will be cancelled. That's how it works, right

May 30th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

The rain has gone, the sun is out, looks like a beautiful day. I've got my first bootcamp of the season this morning. It's going to hurt! I also have to bring the kids and wrangle them whilst working out. Ugh.

Then I'm coming home and making cupcakes.

Happy humpity hump day!

May 30th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Good morning! working out with kids in tow doesn't sound fun but kudos to you for doing it! Go Michelle!

My mom is at the hospital, waiting for surgery, no idea when they will actually start it at this point, waiting, waiting, waiting. blah

I have a lot of work to do and no motivation to do it.
May 30th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go Kim Go!!

: high5::c laps:

That's my attempt at motivation...

May 30th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Good Morning! I hope the waiting isn't toooo crucial Kim! KUP!

I'm having issues... During the day yesterday, I couldn't chew gum, it made me nauseous. I had spaghetti for lunch and threw it away, it couldn't stand the smell. Got home from work and made rice, had to throw it away..the smell made me gag. All I could eat was plain chicken. I took down my hair last night before I went to bed and the smell of my shampoo made me gag. I think I have AF so I'm not preggo (as much as I would get w/an IUD.. just light brown spotting) WTheck is going on?! I also went to bed at 7:45!

May 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
you're preggo!! those sound like baby baking symptoms to me LOL...test! and then post pics of said tests so we can analyze them for you! run, don't walk to your nearest pharmacy LOL
MrsCalhoun likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Fun, another possible pregnancy!

Michelle, you're brave/crazy! Doing a workout with the kids tagging along. Although, it is a good way to get out of the workout if it gets insane.

We have a darn mouse that will not leave us alone. We've caught it twice with a live trap and DH brought it down the street and set it free and it came back again. And he is back AGAIN!!! I hate to do it, but we have to get a normal trap this time. We can not figure out how he's getting in. There aren't any obvious holes for him to sneak in. So frustrating and I feel bad for it, but the thought of him living here gives me the creeps.

Lots of positive thoughts to your mom today. Keep us posted. How long is the surgery supposed to take?
May 30th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely test, Amanda! Exciting!

I love how around here you're considered pregnant until proven otherwise
MrsCalhoun and BelloFiglioLA like this.

May 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
LOL....and boo to mice, we get them too, they make me feel itchy! currently we are dealing with a major ant problem, they are equally gross! blah to critters!!!

my mom is in pre-op waiting to go into the OR for surgery, my sister said she will text when they take her in, the surgery will take around 3ish hrs per the dr.

correction....my sister just texted back and my mom is in OR now, 3 hr count down begins.....NOW!
May 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Haha I better not be pregnant! I cannot afford another baby right now!

May 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
i'd take mice any day, hands down instead of ants. they make me ill.

test.test.test.test.test.test.test.test.test.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search