20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
better late than never!
June 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats ladies!!

I was so confused. I don't know why, but I thought we were almost at 4500 and thought everyone was getting it wrong by saying 5000. But then I just saw the number. Woohoo!

We went for a long walk this morning around a pond nearby. DH carried James most of the way, but Leah was a trooper and walked the whole time. It takes about 75 mins with a kid.

I feel like we should all have cupcakes to celebrate Michelle's anniversary (and for reaching 5000). Who's with me?
June 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I am with you! now where is that cupcake??

this morning at the store Syd was begging for this silly Dora fishing pole and it was like $6 so I was ok whatever, best $6 I have spent in a while, she has been in the yard playing with it since we got home and is now a master caster haha, we may have to take her real fishing now!
June 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay 5000!!! Last night's school event was un-eventful, so yay! We didn't stay long since it was all outside and the weather was less than cooperative, but the time we were there was fun. There was a huge turn out, and I am fairly sure that they didn't expect even 1/2 of the kids/families there. They had 1 bounce house, 1 bounce climber thing and 1 person doing face painting... for about 300 kids and their families.

Today it's cleaning, a few errands, wrangling a super mouthy toddler and someone is coming over to deal with the headlights DH is insisting on.. Let's not get me started on headlights, but I will be glad when they are installed and we can move on to other topics of conversation.

So far no roid rage... but it's still early.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
June 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Look what I missed while I was out! Way to go.

Home from the walkathon, going to walk down the street for some fresh bagels and then relax for a bit.

Glad you're all having a nice Saturday, glad the evening went well, Lisa and Have fun at the birthday party, sucker! I mean, Kim!

June 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I survived the party, it wasn't terrible, the group of moms that were there are pretty cool so it was ok. Next time though, DH is going and I don't want to hear a word out of his mouth

kids are playing in the ghetto blow up pool in our backyard and having a blast, hoping it tires them out for an early bedtime so I can get some couch time.
June 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I have a super whiny toddler today. I can hardly care it. It gets DH and I frustrated and turns everyone in a bad mood. We went swimming at my sister's apartment pool and Levi liked being in it, but seriously whined the entire time. I don't get it. Grr! I can't wait for bedtime!

June 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I am sitting up for the first time since I posted earlier. Not sure if it's the prednisone or what but my whole body is sore, it hurts to have anything/anyone touch me and I can't think straight. I needed to make a list for the store earlier and it was a total no go. I couldn't make my brain form a complete thought. That part at least seems a little better now. Ugh, I hate feeling like this.

June 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the prednisone. Kim, didn't Sydney take it a while back and get a little funny? At least you're sitting up now, but maybe someone else should go to the store for you.
June 10th, 2012, 04:42 AM
boo Lisa Syd was on prednisione for a couple days a while back but we had to stop her early, it made her sooooooo irritable, like out of control fits, roid rage! and then she got this weird rash after being on it for only a couple days, dr said "pred doesn't cause rashes it treats them" but whatever I think Prednisone is the devil LOL

Happy Sunday guys! not sure what our plan is today, we should do something fun I guess.

Last edited by kimmiejo; June 10th, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
June 10th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Stupid prednisone. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better today.

Happy Sunday! Looks like it will be a hot, Sunny one here today. Not really sure what the plan is. What about you guys?

Had a lovely night out with dh. Delicious and fun dinner, nice stroll in old Montreal, where we rarely go and then we accidentally hit the crazy F1 scene/protests/riots so we hoped on the public bikes and peddled home and had beers and cupcakes on the front porch All's well that ends well.

Then Holly made the rest of my night miserable. She is still not having this toddler bed business. I think I'm going to try just a mattress on the floor (can't be worse than the hardwood floor she and I have been sharing recently )

Hope you all have a super lovely, warm and sunny Sunday!

June 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Dear lord above. It's going to be 39 (102) with humidity tomorrow. Take me baby jesus,

June 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM
it is flippin hot here too, we went to the park until it got too hot and we had to leave, blah! now the kids are swimming in the back yard, maybe I can convince them to spend the rest of the day in the air conditioning, not likely.
June 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hot here too, yay! I'm not a big fan of the sun (I burn too easily), but I like that when it's sunny we can go out and do stuff. We went for a long walk this morning and tonight is the bbq at Leah's school. I thought it was yesterday, but I was mixed up.

It sounds like you had a great anniversary date, Michelle.

Leah slept on a mattress on the floor up until last month when we finally bought her a bed. She had a toddler bed to start, but usually ended up sleeping on the floor instead. I still don't know why she did it.

So I rejoined Weight Watchers today. I was on it last summer and lost all the extra baby weight but have since gained it all back (it's not a lot, about 15 lbs, but on me it looks like a lot). I am just not able to control myself on my own. I go way overboard on snacks, especially during the day when it's just me and James. It will probably be easier in a couple of weeks when Leah is home all the time too, since I don't want to set that kind of example for her.
June 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
good luck with your weight loss Jennifer!

and Syd also slept on a mattress on the floor for quite some time before we moved her to a full size bed, it just worked better, I am planning on Sam using the toddler bed since our crib converts but who knows if that will work or not.
June 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
we decided to have a little bbq so I just made pasta salad and have monkey bread baking in the oven...domestic goddess? why yes I think so

my kids have been playing in the little pool and slip n slide for the last 2 hrs, totally in heaven, who needs fancy pools and water parks haha
June 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So jealous of you people with back yards!!

June 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I caved and got the kids a little pool for the yard. 12 feet, inflatable topped thing. It's cute, has a pump and they're thrilled to bits about having it. Alex is and his cheapwad behind can suck it.
kimmiejo likes this.

June 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know, there are a whole whack of new houses at the end of town and they have about 10 feet of "backyard" each and it seems so sad. I'm sorry you don't have a backyard, Michelle. On the plus side, you don't have to worry about maintaining one.

At the school bbq tonight, Leah ran off with some of her friends while we were eating and they ended up in the trees on the edge of the school yard. When DH told her not to go there anymore, her excuse was "but the big kids are doing it". It's the first time that has ever come out of her mouth, certainly not the last. But it was funny to hear it.

James spent most of the bbq running after Leah and her friends. It was so cute. Whenever he lost them, he'd slowly wander back to us "chatting" with the other parents while keeping his eyes peeled for Leah. Very sweet.

I hope everyone had a good day today! Lisa, how are you feeling?
June 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Your kids will love the pool though, Kells. It's an investment in their summer fun and an aid to your sanity (or something like that).

I am feeling much better today. Skipped the prednisone and will call the dr. in the morning. I sat up yesterday long enough to post that once and was back in bed the rest of the time. No good at all. Today was spent catching up on all of the things I needed to do yesterday but couldn't - 2 batched of cupcakes for Peter to take to work, cupcakes and cake pops for Noelle's birthday tomorrow, bread and rolls for the week, a run to Target, some house cleaning and garage picking up, and I even managed to get a coat of spray paint on some cake plates I made. Busy, busy day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search