20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious too.

James has had the best nap this afternoon, woohoo! 2.5 hours and counting (probably down to just a few seconds remaining). I got so much done. I'll be able to watch my show tonight without any guilt.

It is actually too hot to be outside today, so the long nap worked out great. Is everyone else (except for Lisa) dealing with high heat and humidity?
June 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holly's super napping right now too. I need to do a sewing project for dh...I don't wanna!!!

We wanted to get her a Mini Kick scooter. They come to about 120$ 'round here, which is simply more than we want to spend on a present for her. We're cheap like that.

June 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have you know it's a toasty 75 degrees here.

We are also the cheap parents. We ended up with a second hand play kitchen for about 1/2 of what it would cost new. I scooter sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully you find one that works!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
June 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it was really hot all weekend here, it isn't terrible today, it is cloudy. Sam got a radio flyer scooter for his birthday, he loves it! not really sure what a kick scooter is (not up on scooters ) but the Radio Flyer was fairly cheap so maybe that's an option for you or maybe they aren't as cool and hip haha

this day is really long, Sydney is being pretty good considering she is stuck inside. she is spin arting now
June 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oscar got a second hand kitchen for his 2nd bday still a well loved item in our house.

There are lots of cheaper scooters out there but for several reasons, this is the one for us. There are kids in our hood with the radio flyer scooter and it has a hard time coping with our third world quality sidewalks. Why is it always the expensive ones I get my heart set on?!?! I think I'll just ask my mom to chip in and get it new. The shop up the street has them for 100$. It's all good. F U online classifieds lady, you can't best me!!!!

In funner news dh is able to take Oscar to soccer practice tonight while holly and I go to my bff's parents place around the corner for cocktails and bbq in honour of her bday. Yay!

June 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Oh great.... DH has the sickness. You know how DHs act when they are sick.

June 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sincere condolences!

June 11th, 2012, 03:15 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Ugh man colds!! you should join the west island garage sale group on fb Michelle, you'd be surprised what these morons sell for cheap. Let me know if you want an invite! (You can also post looking for items)

June 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Invite me, please!

June 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
man colds are no bueno!....Sydney was great today, I actually got quite a lot of work done and she entertained herself nicely. Of course every. single. toy. is out but whatever, at least they got played with
June 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
You have been added Michelle!!

June 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Strange fact of the day: There is evidently a helium shortage in the US.. I had to google it because I laughed right in the face of the poor lady at the party shop, but evidently it is true.

June 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
<<still laughing.
There's evidently no lack of people getting high on helium in the us?

June 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Oh, and here's another one: In Jr. High (at least here) you can get a dress code violation because your bra straps show out the side of your racer back tank top while standing next to one friend in a see through white shirt and colored bra and another friend with a sports bra on with her racer back tank. Good.to.know.folks. Good to know.

June 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Man colds are the worst (not for them, for us)!

I'm glad Sydney was able to keep herself busy while you worked. Is her tongue feeling better? I didn't know you spoke Spanish!

Helium shortage... I did not know that was possible. Hopefully Canada won't be affected by it until after J's birthday. He loves balloons.

Did Noelle have a good birthday today?

What is everyone doing for Father's Day this year? I had a great idea, but procrastinated and now it's too late. I have to think of something. Leah wants to draw him a picture of Spiderman (she actually does a great job of it for a 5 year old - it's her go-to picture for anyone male), but since I made a fuss about Mother's Day, I want to do something nice for him. Looking for ideas to steal...
June 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ah crap that's this weekend, isn't it?

June 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

We totally breathed in helium from a balloon this weekend to entertain the kids with silly voices. If only we had known there was a shortage!

Father's day...dunno. Dh actually requested a bbq and some football tossing with his brothers. Guess I should email the SILs and see if they have any interest in hosting. I'm not especially motivated because every Sunday feels like father's day around here (I make brunch, dh takes a nap in the after noon...) and it's not like he bent over backwards for mother's day. Anyway. whatever. Sorry Jennifer, I'm no help

I kept the kids out late last night...have a feeling they're going to make me regret it today.

Happy Tuesday!!

June 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Morning.....not so sure about Fathers Day, we are going to my parents this weekend I think, I don't know I will get him something but not really sure what yet, I should probably get crackin' on that :/

Sydney's tongue is still not feeling great, it looks a little better but she still is complaining a lot about it. She went to school today though and she was fine at drop off so maybe the distraction will help, I think it is taking longer to heal because she is constantly messing with it, which is understandable but if she could not touch it for 8 or so hrs today maybe it would feel better, we'll see.

I have to clean today and do a ton of work, blah I don't feel like either.
June 12th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so hard to keep kids from fussing with their wounds. Oscar had a scratch on his face for weeks and weeks last year because he was endlessly picking at it. Kids are gross. How many milkshakes did she have yesterday???

I need your advice, ladies. Dh and I were invited to my bff's sister's wedding. We declined the invitation because we simply can't afford another wedding this summer and of the 5 weddings we were invited to we are the least close with her. Bff said we should come even if we can't afford a gift, that it doesn't matter. Her parents said the same but at the same time they are undertaking and respect that we'd feel crumby showing up at the wedding empty handed. So we aren't gong. But bff just told me there was a cancellation and that they have a free seat and she would like me to come as her date with no obligation to bring anything. So, should I? It's probably no big deal to some people, but it's super unheard around here go to a wedding without a gift (and by gift I mean envelope stuffed with cash). But at the same time, if I invited someone to my wedding and their only reason for not coming was money I'd tell them their being stupid and to come anyway....I guess that answers my question?

Blah blah, ramble ramble~

June 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM
go and have fun.....I probably wouldn't if it was someone distant and I couldn't afford it but since it involves your bff and it seems the family really wants you there, I say go and enjoy!
cfm likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search