20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, if Kim says so!

They're Italian and the food is going to be amazeballs

June 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes whatever I say goes!!

it is dreary today, I need some sun to brighten my day
June 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
go to the wedding it will be fun. you could have the kids make them something. It's free and cute.

it is raining here today too. James and I are spending the morning inside playing with cars. we went to chapters earlier to play with trains, but as soon as we got there James saw a nother kid eating a snack and all he wanted anymore was to eat. :-\
June 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say go to the wedding, it will be fun!!! And if the food is going to be great, then that is even better.

Noelle had a great birthday. She was super excited about her kitchen, and didn't leave the vicinity of it all night. Good birthday indeed. Now to get ready for the party this weekend.

It's raining here today as well. Shocker to all I am sure, seeing as how it's Oregon. Real summer and nice weather doesn't generally start until after 4th of July in these parts.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
June 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rain hasn't started here yet, I imagine the downpour will begin somewhere around when I have to take the kids on the bus to Oscar's 7pm soccer game because dh needs the van for work tonight. Anyhow...

What is with parents who micro manage every single second of their kid's life while at the freaking park. Can't we just let them play? Can't they get a little rowdy sometimes, can't they sort stuff out amongst themselves sometimes? Does every moment at the park have to be like a freaking segment of Barney? Blah.

I'm grumpy.

June 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
haha I feel ya, I often feel the same way. I utter the words "work it out" more times than I can count, I feel like at 4yrs old a kid should have at least some ability towards conflict resolution, maybe I expect too much? but usually Sydney can in fact "work it out" on her own. just sayin'
June 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I agree. Sometimes kids just need to have the time and space to work it out on their own. I was actually just having a similar conversation with my boss earlier today about stuff like this. Kids need to have consequences for their actions and schools take that away from them almost completely. Kids need to be able to work out logical consequences on their own to develop their problem solving skills... Sometimes they need parent/adult intervention but more often than not give them a few minutes and they will come to a nice happy middle on their own.

June 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Some kids need to be taught how to "work it out". I don't have this issue at parks, since both my kids stick to me like glue and don't interact with others (yet, I think James will when he's a little older), but Leah just does not know how to stand up for herself, even with James. On playdates and apparently at school, if there is a conflict, she either gives in to the other child or else backs away. After hearing about a couple of incidents at school, we've been actively teaching her how to work it out. It's harder than it looks for some kids.

I am always saying to DH though how jealous I am that other moms can just sit there and relax while their kids run around and play and cause trouble. If I'm not at the play structure or in the sand with them, they sit right next to me on the bench and watch the other kids playing. My kids are weird.

I can hear birds chirping, so I'm hoping that means the rain has stopped. Just waiting for James to wake up and hopefully we'll get out there before it starts up again. Soccer in the rain sounds terrible. Have fun!
June 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, that's too bad, Jennifer. Going to the park is kind of my break time. One day they'll be off without you and you'll miss these days. Maybe?

June 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tell myself that all the time.

We are going to a wedding in July and the bride offered to hire a babysitter for all the kids for the evening so that the parents can party. Not sure my kids will go for that or how comfortable I am with the idea of leaving them with a stranger who will also be watching a bunch of other kids, but DH seems excited by it. Not sure what to do. Oh well. Leah is really excited. It will be the first wedding she will be old enough to remember.
June 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH

June 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Is that Amanda with a drive by???

June 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, what are you doing!?!?!

June 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hair is frizzed out to the edge of my shoulders. I just saw myself in the mirror. I was at the park and at the bus stop looking like this. Ugh!

We see you, Amanda!
June 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
amanda, she is a sneaky one......

lol Jennifer, sometimes I go out and catch a glimpse of myself and think "I look like I don't own a mirror" haha
June 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, I would totally go for the stranger babysitter. Chances are the kids will have a nice time and if they don't it probably won't be bad enough to send them into therapy or anything.

June 12th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whenever Leah does something James doesn't like, he wags his finger at her with a little scowl. When James does something Leah doesn't like, she'll say "This is your warning." What have I learned from this? The kids actually do pay attention when I'm disciplining them, even if it doesn't seem like they're listening at all.
June 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha! They are our little mirrors and it's so cute (most of the time!)

My friend came to soccer with us and was able to drive us. Thank god. It was so rainy and we would have been stuck waiting for nearly half an hour after the game for a bus. Hurray for kind friends who come to your kid's rainy soccer games! I hope the kids have a big sleep in tomorrow, they're so pooped.

Have a good night mamas!

June 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
The Venti caramel frap was pobably a bad idea at 9:45.....
Just throwing that out there.

June 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Hope you finally got to sleep, Kelly.

I have no real plans for today. Playgroup? The park? The world is my child centered oyster....

Happy Wednesday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search