20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2012, 04:54 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
morning girls! somehow it is only Wed, surely it should be Friday by now! oh well another day, another dollar I suppose.
June 13th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, so I'm making yogurt (shut up, I'm not a hippy) and i need to bring the milk to 105 degrees. I don't have a candy thermometer and i'm to lazy to go buy one. Do you think it's the worst idea ever to just dip a regular digital thermometer in the and take the temperature of the milk? Am I crazy? Gross? Lazy?

June 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
seems reasonable enough to me but I am about the last person to ask about such things haha

so last night we went to chick fil a to eat and then the kids were playing in the play area, Sam was totally flirting with this little girl and then out of no where he runs over to her and hits her I could have died right there, that is no way to woe a lady little man. I of course picked him up and told him "no hitting" and made him sit for a minute but I don't think he "gets it" because he charged at her again and I know he was going to hit her again had I not scooped him up. He doesn't seem to do it in anger, he thinks it's a game, it's like his way of playing or something but really that isn't a fun way to play. not sure what the point is of this, I know kids hit sometimes but it is just my most recent parenting dilemma. Sydney was never a hitter of other kids, this is new for me. He is def not "working it out" :/ luckily the little girl was there with her grandparents and they were super cool about it, didn't make a big deal, said they have lots of grandkids and kids hit sometimes and it wasn't a big deal but still I felt like crawling in a hole
June 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So cold today! I brought James to a park along the water and we only lasted a couple of minutes. We ended up back at the park by our house playing soccer.

James hits too. I don't like it. Leah never did either and still doesn't, so it's all new. He thinks it's hilarious. No advice, just thought I'd say you're not alone.
June 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kim, maybe he 's going the whole "I like you so I am going to pull your pig tails" route with the little lady.

I'd give the digital thermometer a try, Michelle. Couldn't hurt??

I strangely have a ton of work on my desk this morning. Don't these people know it's not tax season and I have other things to be working on??

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
June 13th, 2012, 09:23 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hey girls!

Sorry for sneaking in and leaving yesterday lol. I have been working hard at finishing Levi's book. It is done, just needs edited.

I've also been reading more blogs about addicts. Not sure why I am so drawn to stuff like that. I like sad stuff...

Kim! We have decided that June 23rd is the day we are heading your way. It's just DH, Levi and I. We are going to do the 'twilight" package. so 3-9. Let me know if you'll be home and want to join!

June 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
love all the hitting emoticons Jennifer, made me laugh haha....I totally think he is all "I like you so I will hit you" you should see the smirk on his face right before he makes his move ie. hits, seriously yikes LOL

Amanda I think that we are free that weekend, I will talk to Jon and see if he wants to meet up, I think it would be fun!! I will let you know!
June 13th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, more Sam and Levi time? Cuuuute!

No advice on the hitting except to be consistent? And that it passes. Time outs. lavish attention on the kid who was hit. I don't force an apology because I find it leads to another battle, usually. I mean, how do you force a 2 year old to do something. Anyhow...I hope the phase passes quickly! And, better hitting than biting, right?

June 13th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Sam, Levi and Elmo...pretty sure it can't get much cuter!

I def prefer hitting over biting! I mean if I have to pick haha and I think you are right, I also don't force and apology at this age because really he is just 2 and it is hard thing to enforce, just a stern talk and then time out...this too shall pass (hopefully quickly!)
June 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grrr, the landlord keeps sending his nephew over to do little "projects" at our place but we never get any heads up about it and it always disrupts what we're doing. They are never necessary projects, they are just little cosmetic odd jobs to give the nephew a few extra bucks. Legally he's supposed to give us warning but we have a bit of an unusual arrangement with our landlord so we can't really get all "legal" with him unless we're looking for trouble. Meh. Oh well. Just wanted to vent a little. Thanks!

June 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate landlords. I was about to jump into a long post about all the legalities, but if your arrangement is "special", I guess it's best not to complain unless it's something big. It would be nice if he gave you some notice though, just as a courtesy.

I bought a watch on Etsy and it just came today. When Leah saw it, she asked if I got it from Grandma. I guess I have old taste. Oh well, I think it's pretty.

It's warmed up a lot today, so we're heading to the park after dinner tonight. Anyone else doing something exciting tonight?

I hope we'll get to see more pics of Sam and Levi this weekend!
June 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm putting the kids to bed early. That's some pretty exciting stuff if you ask me

June 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Omg, can I put mine to bed early too?! I'm feeling particularly witchfaced today

June 13th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Why not? There has to be some perks to being the mom, right? Mine can't tell time yet though so it makes it easier. Can yours?

June 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
3 out of the 4 can. Last time i teach them anything.

June 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I want my oldest drama llama in bed STAT, she came home in a horrible, moody, mood from school, it's like a preteen with PMS, Holy Shiz! I am drinking a beer and I don't even like beer, yikes!
June 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids are down now. James is always great at going down. His problem is that he wakes up 1-2 hours later ready to come to our bed.

They were both grumps at the park. James cried over everything and Leah was walking around pouting with her arms crossed. Fun times.

DH decided we were watching Swingers tonight. I've never seen it and for some reason, he's become obsessed with showing it to me over the last week or so. Has anyone seen it? Reviews?
June 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Swingers is one of my fav movies of all time! love it!

Sam is down but the grump-a-saurus is still going strong!
June 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
The little three are in bed. No one is sleeping, but everyone is quiet. Until Liam gets home from soccer, that is. Sigh.

June 13th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is Syd in her room playing, at least? Leah will sometimes play in her room for a couple of hours after bedtime before finally going to sleep. But at least she is in her room, so we still have our own time.

Liam has a late soccer practice! Does staying up that late affect him the next day?

Alright, off to watch the movie. I have really high expectations, since Brian is so excited and it's one of Kim's favourite movies.

Good night, ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search