20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Poor Poor Florence the mouse.
If my kids didn't do some form of independent play, I'm pretty sure I'd off myself.

Now accepting mother of the year award.

July 18th, 2012, 10:42 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I might be in a tie for that MOTY award with you Kells. I got a call this morning from Genna after I got to the office - we are out of milk so she can't have cereal for breakfast. We are also out of toaster waffles so she can't have those either. I suggested she make some eggs and toast and whip up a smoothie with the frozen fruit and almond milk that we do have. Poor, sad girl ended up with a PB&J and a glass of water.

I am super tired for a Wednesday. Not sure what we did different last night, but I was not able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. Kevin is now picking up extra hours at work, going in an hour early every day so I see early nights in my future for sure.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Two mice, wow. That should keep the rest of them away.

Booty camp scares me. I would probably manage to find an excuse out of it every week. I am already a pro at talking myself out of walking to the park that is 15 mins away.

We had a playdate this morning. The lady's two boys (5 and 3) are obsessed with James. James is scared of them (they are always running after him to "hug" him) and Leah felt a little left out. By the end, they were all playing together nicely though. It was a much needed break for me.

Leah is going to the dentist this afternoon to have a cavity filled. She is excited to go, thinking it's like a normal visit. DH is going with her, since I can't handle seeing my kids in pain. James and I are going to buy her a treat for afterwards (either stickers for her bedroom walls or some headbands for her hair).
July 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
My mouth totally just cringed for Leah. **shudder**

July 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
poor Leah, I hope it goes well! I dread the day when Syd needs a cavity filled I am sure the day will come though.

I have been working an extra hr every day too, funny how one little hr can make such a huge difference, I feel like I am working 12 hr days, me no likey!
July 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, no fun for Leah

Oscar has had his afternoon movie priveldge revoked for bad behaviour so my afternoon is not looking so hot. Holly also seems nap proof today. Caca.

July 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
bummer on the nap time woes, I wish I could take a nap right about now
July 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sweet jeebs, today kicked my butt. I put the kids early, for survival purposes.

Jennifer, how did Leah do with the dentist?

July 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Losing that naptime/quiet time can really ruin the rest of a day. I will usually end up putting the kids to bed early if it happens too, even though 7pm is really too early for Leah to go to bed.

Caca made me laugh.

Leah's appointment went fine. DH brought her and said she had no idea what was going on. She sat still and didn't squeeze his hand or anything. When they got home, she said her tooth was asleep and showed me all the little presents she got from the dentist. When the freezing went away, she said it didn't hurt, so it went great. Thank goodness, since I have to take her again next Wednesday for the second appt. (2 fillings today, 1 next week). We felt so guilty when they told us, but they said some kids just get them no matter what.

The dentist gave her an extra toy for James. It was a small plastic football. He spent the entire evening throwing it and chasing it around the house. It was so funny because when it would bounce off the floor, it would go in a different direction, so he'd be chasing it and then lose it and be so confused. It made for a good laugh.
July 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
ahh glad it went well! my friends little girl had a bunch of cavities not long ago, she felt horrible and she is super cautious about foods and stuff but the dentist told her some kids/people just have soft/bad teeth, it just happens. I had a lot of cavities as a kid, DH has had 1 cavity his whole life and it was just a couple yrs ago, I hope the kids get his teeth and eyes! my eyes are horrible too, his are perfect.

lol about James and the football, isn't it funny the little things that keep them busy and entertained? Sam is a ball chaser too lol

Michelle I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! no more caca!!
July 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh also has perfect teeth and eyes and mine are duds

Just last week a mom at the park was telling me that her 2 1/2 year old had a bunch of cavities and they had to put her under to fill them. She told me she was so horrified and embarrassed but that she feel she needs to now spread the word for excellent oral hygiene. Unlike most places, we don't have fluoride in our water and many parents around here buy hippie no fluoride toothpaste and there is a serious cavity epidemic going on now. Cool story. Glad Leah took it all in stride.

Better day tomorrow for all!

July 19th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I've got nothing.

Tomorrow's Friday!!

July 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy

July 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
where is Amanda??????

I am singing for her to come back......
July 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tomorrow IS friday... That's pretty much all I have got

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 19th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Naptime woes over here this afternoon. I didn't expect that, since James woke up at 4am and I brought the kids to a big farm this morning. Oh well. Such is life.

Tomorrow is Friday.

I'm looking forward to Saturday night. DH is having a practice campout in our backyard with both kids. I will have the house to myself in the evening (hopefully) and the bed to myself all night. I'm already counting down the hours.
July 19th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wanna hear some reaallllyyyy exciting news? Despite my rule of not buying myself costco clothes I bought a pair of jeggings at costco latst year and they turned out to be amazing. And then they were gone. They're back!! Im going to buy at least 2 pairs tomorrow.

Sorry, did I say exciting? I meant lame (but exciting to this lame-o)

Really though, where is Amanda?

July 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
jeggings are exciting, I am with ya on this Michelle!

We are having a BBQ Saturday which means I need to clean my house, grocery shop and cook....these things always sound like a good idea and then I realize they cause me work! oh well there will be beer
July 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good foods, company and beer are worth the effort, I say!

Camp out sounds fun, Jennifer! If it goes well will your dh take the kids out camping for reals by himself??

July 19th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are jeggings? I've never looked at the clothes there. I beeline to the diapers/wipes section and then checkout and run out as fast as possible. The one by our house is always insanely busy, so I'm not a fan.

The plan is for a real camping trip for the three of them in August. DH and Leah would go down on a Friday night, then James and I would go spend the day on Saturday. I'd leave everyone there after dinner and drive back Sunday to help pack up. I refuse to sleep in tents after my last experience, but I enjoy spending the days outside with everyone. It's the best compromise we could come up with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search