20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. The last time I read a Franzen novel my asthma got crazy bad so I'm guessing I must be allergic. Almost done this one and then hoping my breathing will be back to normal. Maybe I'll sue him for not putting an allergy warning on his book or something.

I'm really enjoying this thunderstorm. Surprised the kids haven't woken up screaming.

July 24th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

The storm has passed. I can handle soccer tonight. Apparently a tree fell on my brother's car last night Thankfully he wasn't in it.

Tuesday, eh?

July 24th, 2012, 05:00 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yikes that's scary! glad he wasn't in it! and sorry your asthma is acting up, a lawsuit against the author seems reasonable to me.

Tuesday, ugh already this week seems to be moving at snail pace!
July 24th, 2012, 05:20 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I look like my foot has leprosy. Happy Tuesday?

July 24th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What's up with your foot?

I just remembered it's also my brother's birthday. What a present! I think the kids and I will bring him over some fresh baked cookies. That makes everything better, right?

July 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Ew, I hate Tuesday.

I woke Levi up at 7:30 and he cried so hard from about 5 mins after he woke up until I called his daycare at 8:45 to check on him. She said he was still crying when I called so I'm not sure if he has stopped yet. I have no idea what's going on. He was gagging and bright red. Completely inconsolable.

July 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM
poor Levi maybe he is coming down with a bug or something?

not even 10am yet, however will I make it until 5pm today *yawn*
July 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
poor levi. Hope he cheers up.

Today is going all wonky and weird. I'm annoyed.

July 24th, 2012, 08:41 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning all. I am hopeful that today will be more of a normal day around here. And by normal I mean a day with ample time to engage in my other not so work related essentials.

Poor Levi, hopefully he's better now.

Um, I would totally write a letter to that author, Jennifer. If for nothing else, it might catch his attention and you would get a response.

Poor, poor Kelly foots. **passes ice pack and a huge band-aid**

I had been off the coffee for over a month, but these last three days have been brutal. Starbucks it is this morning. I am with you Kim, not sure how I am going to make it to 5pm. And here, it's only 8:40am... Loooooooooong day ahead.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 24th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully Levi has stopped crying now? Poor little guy.

Kelly, what did you do to your foot?

Michelle, you should definitely get some sort of compensation for the effect his books have on you. You might want to stop reading them, though.

Lisa, what are your non-work related plans for the day?

Kim, I'm with you. Blah.

I brought the kids for a little hike with a friend and her two boys. The 3-year-old had a big fall right at the beginning and so my friend had to carry him while he screamed the entire time. My kids did all right. James walked for a small part of it and Leah was skipping along the whole time.
July 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I have good news!! DH has to do "ride alongs" for school every semester. Basically the students have to find a company on their own and ask if they can tag along for so many hours to learn in the actual field of HVAC. A guy that I work with has a nephew who owns his own HVAC business. We all talked, DH got his ride alongs with this guys company and they got along really, really well. The guy offered for DH to work for them 1 or 2 days a week!! They will be hiring full time around xmas. Even if he does one day a week, an extra $100 or so will really help! I am ecstatic!

I didn't get a call back from Daycare so I guess everything turned out ok? They had a field trip this morning and had to get on the bus. He loves the bus so hopefully he calmed down for that. My sister is picking him up soon and taking him to the "Hands on House" for the afternoon. I asked her to watch him closely to make sure he feels ok.

Ew Lisa, I think its now on 10:15 for you? I like the west coast but I think it would be weird to be 3 hours behind where I am now.

Sorry about your friends son Jennifer! Hope he's ok. Levi had a big boo-boo this weekend. I felt terrible.

I think you all need a refreshing weekend at the beach! I feel great this week! Except that I have a sock bun in my head and the bobby pins are poking me and giving me a headache. I feel like JLo today lol.

July 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
So far nothing non-work related is happening here. But the non-work items I would like to get to include balancing my checkbook, online shopping for school clothes/vacation clothes, and recipe research a few new cupcake flavors someone asked me about. I'm thinking it looks good for this afternoon to get those things done.

July 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a productive day, Lisa Why the no coffee? Whenever people I know quit coffee I'm baffled. Obviously there are some valid reasons to quit but it would take something pretty serious to tear me away from my coffee.

Phew, all this coffee talk has got me in the mood for a coffee.

Just came back from lunch at my brother's. Turns out a cousin from out west is in town and my mom is on summer vacation so we had a little impromptu family get together. A pleasant surprise

July 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I was doing this whole shake thing in a failed attempt to loose weight, so I was doing a shake for breakfast instead of my regular coffee and what-ever sounded tasty. It didn't seem to work at all, so I think I am going to put the shakes on the shelf for awhile.

July 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
F that shake S. Eat real food!

Amanda, that great news! An extra 100$ or so is nothing to sneeze at. Yay!!!

July 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a fun surprise, Michelle. Did the cookies make him forget about his car?

Amanda, that's great news! Good for your DH!

Nothing new today over here. I bought batteries for my hearing aid, woohoo. I haven't worn it since Leah was born (5.5 years ago), but now that James isn't screaming all the time, I might be ready to hear the rest of the world again... if I could just find it in our closet...
July 25th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning. The kids were up before 6 so I'm not really sure if "good" is the word I'm looking for.

Jennifer, I didn't know you were hearing impaired. Have you always been? Hope you'll be hearing all good things

The weather looks less than stellar for tomorrow. I might not get my day to myself

July 25th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's ok Michelle. You and Kelly just need to use your magic powers to stop the rain this time. Send it my way. I'll take it. :-)

Most poeple IRL don't know I'm hearing impaired. I'm a pro at faking it. I can't read lips, but I read body language so I know how to react during pauses and if I am missing big chunks of conversation, I start fussing over the kids. I've only gotten caught a few times for not answering a question or not laughing at the right time.
July 25th, 2012, 04:52 AM
morning ladies! I didn't know that either Jennifer, my mom's very close friend is deaf and can read lips, it amazes me!

Only Wed, say it ain't soooooooooo, seriously long week, working 1 extra hr a day seems like 10, not sure the paycheck is worth it, blah!
July 25th, 2012, 05:21 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I was supposed to finally meet a long time Jm mommy friend today, but things aren't working out. It makes me so sad to have to reschedule. We've been talking since I was preggo with Jace and lives in vermont. She's trying to make it back this way in September, so hopefully that pans out.

My weather is telling me just mainly cloudy for tomorrow Michelle, perhaps not all is lost? *swings budgies*

You can do it Kim!! Think of the shoes an mimosas.

I was unaware as well Jennifer! Learn something new every day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search