20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH

I had a little boy who did not want to sleep last night. Up 3 times crying, on the 3rd time I brought him to my twin bed which we shared for the rest of the night.

July 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, we didn't get those returns done for that client. We are still waiting for him to bring in all of the information. We have 30 days to get them finished and filed. It was mentioned, however, that if he doesn't get us all of the information we need by Friday, bossman is dropping him as a client

Enjoy your kid-free day, Michelle!!

I am seriously LOL-ing at the thought of Kelly and a Hoverround.

So thankful it's thursday. I have an appointment for a physical tomorrow where I shall present my list of complaints to the dr in hope he can figure out a good solution. My brother is away for the weekend so my guess is it will be a quiet one at home for us - get the rest of the school shopping done, work on a few projects around the house and just chill.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They are still here!!!!

Made a lunch date with a friend, they better be gone when I get back!!!!

July 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
What the crap

July 26th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, it's an hour after you posted they were still there. Are they gone yet? You're not supposed to have to think about them at all today.
July 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's caca!! hope they are gone now!!
July 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey all, we are planning our big vacation in a couple weeks. We're going to Michigan for 2 weeks, staying in a family cabin and doing some camping. I was working on a packing list and wondered what sort of snacks your Junebug enjoys? I need quick easy ideas, feel like I am on constant repeat with the fruit cups, cheese, crackers type of thing. Dallas loves the Fruities on the go pouch thingys, but they can be expensive.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

July 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I give my kids little bowls of frozen veggies to snack on sometimes. They love grapes and cut up apples. Cereal is big, bread/buns, breadsticks, rice cakes.
July 27th, 2012, 04:42 AM
my kids love dry cereal to snack on, rice krispy treats are a big hit at the moment here and you can make them yourself, so cheap (of course not terribly healthy either haha, I do remember when I was little my mom making them with peanut butter that might be a healthier alt I don't know) Sam's new fav is Craisins and he also loves just plain raisins too. ummmm other than that we also do a lot cheese, crackers, yogurt, fruit.
Have fun on your vacation, it sounds like a relaxing fun time!

Happy Friday girls!! ummmm where is Michelle??? I hope she got her "me time"
July 27th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! It's Friday!

The fam left around noon yesterday and it was great I rode dh's scooter over the mountain, which was super fun, and met my bff for lunch at a lovely spot. Aziz Ansari was also lunching there with some local "celebrity" chefs and seemed like a swell guy. Then i scooted back home, weeeeeeee, and did not much. Drank some wine, enjoyed some silence, etc, etc. And dh had a great time with the kids in the country so all in all a big success. Back to reality now but that's ok. My reality isn't so bad.

Fruit, fresh or dried, nuts,crackers, pickles, cheese, yogurt...those are our main snacks. I'm trying to take it easy on the snacks these days, especially things like crackers and stuff. They can eat all the apples they want but otherwise I try to keep it to 1 snack in the morning, 1 in the afternoon. I find the eat better meals that way. Planning for big vacations can be a headache, Good luck!

Last edited by cfm; July 27th, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
July 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank the heavens it is friday!

Glad you were finally able to enjoy a little kid-free R&R, Michelle.

Snackwise around our house it's things like dry cereal, raisins/craisins/other dried fruit, string cheese, crackers, granola bars, fresh fruits, juice popsicles in the warmer months... and because my child is a whacko frozen (yes frozen) peas are also a huge hit.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone's Friday morning going?

Michelle, your afternoon yesterday sounds like it was pretty perfect. I'm glad it eventually worked out. I've watched some of Aziz Ansari's stand up. He's a pretty funny guy.

We've been running around getting Leah and DH ready for their camping trip this weekend. I'm excited about having some one-on-one time with James again. He's getting tired of competing for my attention all the time. All Leah can talk about is marshmallows. So I think it will be a good weekend for everyone.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?
July 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
sounds very relaxing Michelle, I am jealous!

have fun camping Jennifer!

we have a birthday party to go to Sunday, there is a small chance we might go to the beach tomorrow for the day, we will see I guess. If not then I don't know what we will do, I do need to grocery shop, I will probably do that tonight.
July 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get excited about camping and marshmallows too. Hope it is a big success!

No big plans here. Oscar and I are going to make a blueberry pie tomorrow, we might go to the farmer's market...that's about it. Still, Im pretty happy that it's almost the weekend.

July 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hey, just stoppin by. I've been really busy all week because I'm on my own. Anddd I messed up some billing which I haven't even begun to fix and I am already drained.

Good news is, I sold some wedding stuff 2 nights ago and a lawnmower last night. Nice to have extra cash in my pocket.

Tonight I'm going to my BFF's house for a cookout. I cannot wait to snuggle her teeny tiny babygirl.

DH and I mentioned to my parents that we wanted bikes.. so they found their bikes (That they bought over 40 years ago in collage) in my Uncles shed. My dad fixed them up and we now have bikes to ride! I think we will go on a nice long ride tomorrow if I can find a seat and helmet for Levi.

I actually have a 3 day weekend but can't get excited for it. My colonoscopy is Monday morning. Blah. Not looking forward to that at all!

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend.

July 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, how was baby snuggling?

Our weekend plans have changed. Leah came down with a fever last night and had a headache. Thanks to Tylenol, they were able to spend the night at the campsite, but came home around 8am this morning. DH brought James back to the site to pack up and spend some time at the beach there. So not the fun weekend we had hoped for, but that's life with kids. Leah is sleeping now and then we'll just read and watch cartoons for the day.

I watched some of the opening ceremonies with James last night. He loved waving to all the athletes as they came it. He kept asking me to wave to them too. So funny.
July 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
sorry Leah is sick, bummer hope she is feeling better soon! and hope your colonoscopy goes well Amanda, like is that even possible? LOL if nothing else I hope they figure out why you are feeling crappy, no pun intended

We went to the park this morning, then to Toys R Us to buy a birthday present for tomorrows party and then came home and the kids played in the pool for a bit before it started to pour down rain, it is still pouring :/ oh well Sam is napping and Syd is watching a show quietly. Syd is begging to go to Chuckee Cheese later, blah I hate that place but we haven't been there in a really long time so I guess we might be due, nothing better to do lol
July 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy kim, way to brave the big cheese for the sake of the children! Mom of the year award goes to you

Hope Leah's feeling better or is at least all sweet and cuddly.

Took forever to put the kids to bed tonight. O's all out of sorts because his daddy was home today and nothing in the world makes him happier but it makes bedtime hard. I'm going to go eat my blueberry pie and have a glass of wine

July 28th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy day for you guys, Kim. The kids look so happy in the pictures. That's what it's all about, right?

Michelle, I am jealous of your homemade blueberry pie. Was it nice having DH at home for the day?

We now have two sick kids. No vomit yet, but two close calls, so it's just a matter of time, I'm afraid. DH is out getting some advil. Tylenol doesn't seem to be doing anything for the fevers.
July 29th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, poor you guys! Hope it passes quickly and that they keep it to themselves.

Super nice having dh home for the day and I think we'll get a repeat today. Also, a repeat of blueberry pie for breakfast

Looks like a gorgeous day today, hopefully we manage to make the most of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search