20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so nice having time with the whole family. I hope today is as good as yesterday for you guys, Michelle.

Amanda, I'm thinking of you for tomorrow. I hope everything goes ok and that they get some answers for you.

I'm spending the day watching the Olympics with my two feverish, snuggly kids. We suspect they have Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. There's been an outbreak of that in the city recently. Hopefully the worst of it is over for Leah, at least.

Have a good day everybody!
July 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I heard that once the sores/blisters show that they are really uncomfortable I hope it's something less yucky. I knew a few families here that also got it so maybe we are under an outbreak as well. Keep well and enjoy the Olympics. I was just telling dh last night that this is one of the rare times I lament not having any tv, it's kind of fun to watch the olympics.

July 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Thanks Jennifer.

In the last 5 hours I have taken 3 different kinds of laxatives and drank a gallon of gatorade. I have not been able to leave the bathroom since 445. This is hell. They better figure out whats wrong with me!! I DO NOT want to do this again, ever!

July 30th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Amanda! I hope you never have to deal with this again and that they can give you some answers.

Happy Monday to the rest of y'all?

July 30th, 2012, 05:17 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Amanda!!! DH said the prep for that test is way worse than the actual procedure, I hope it goes well and they can give you some answers!

Happy Monday ladies! we had a nice weekend. Yesterdays bowling party was pretty fun, it was at the local bowling alley around the corner way more low key than the big one in our area, the kids could bowl and run around and no one else was really there, it was good. I have my followup check up and blood work with my family dr tomorrow, cue anxiety, going to the dr and having tests send me into major anxiety mode, blah!
July 30th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck tomorrow, Kim. Hopefully there's nothing new for you to worry about.

Amanda, how did everything go?

Kids are both napping. James is feeling better after being up all night, but Leah is still so sick.

We watched about 8 hours of Olympics yesterday though. More than we would have watched in total normally. I might even say I have a mild case of Olympic fever.
July 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM
thanks Jennifer....I just get phobic when seeing drs and having tests, always feel like they are going to tell me something dreadful :/ ugh

sorry your kiddos are still sick, poor Leah and James...tv time is good though, no better time than Olympics time for the TV!
July 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kids are still sleeping. I've gotten so much work done, yay!

Anna's news got me thinking about your mom, Kim. How is she doing?
July 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
thanks for asking, she doing ok. She is getting radiation right now, she is about 1/2 way done and then she will take a little break and then do 3 more chemos. It took her a long time to get back to herself after the surgery, the healing, etc but she is feeling better now and so far the radiation hasn't caused too many side effects *fingers crossed*

wonder how Amanda's test went? I hope ok!
July 30th, 2012, 02:19 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blah for Monday's.

Amanda... how was your test this morning?

How are the rest of your Monday's shaping up?

I had my physical on friday and the lab results are now posted online. I hate that I am now left to interpret/google results before my appointment Wednesday.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 30th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So Leah was wiping her bum after going to the bathroom and James took it upon himself to help out. He ripped off some toilet paper and started wiping her. It was cute and funny, but I thought it best to stop him. I guess this is the first step to being ready for potty training - showing an interest.

Lisa, I've never heard of results being posted online. Is this specific to your doctor?
July 30th, 2012, 04:40 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure? I've heard of it other time here. The medical group has a website, you log on and can access your health history, lab results, message the dr., etc. It's great except when you aren't a dr. you can't quite interpret what your lab results mean, just that they are high or low.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
July 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys!

Hope you're feeling alright Amanda and that the process wasn't too awful.

Jennifer, how are the kids doing, besides hygienically keen

Spent the day with a train wreck friend of mine who just got dumped by some freak show she met a month ago. She had an appointment at the bank today to co-sign a loan for him to buy a car. Who co signs a loan for a dude you met a month ago??? Oh well, bullet dodged, I guess?

I ran tonight for the first time in awhile. It was pathetic.

July 31st, 2012, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Happy, healthy Tuesday!

July 31st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks for thinking about me friends.

I ended up spending a total of 17 hours in the bathroom. They said that the new prep would be better than the old one I had to do last time.. Yeah right. It may have tasted better but it lasted 3 times as long.

The procedure was short and sweet. Not much involved so at least that was good. They said everything looked normal but they took a biopsy and I will have the results in 2 weeks. They think it is IBS which is a better alternative than Ulcerative Colitis or Crohns which they previously suggested.

They also said I wouldn't go to the bathroom for a few days. Hah! I ate veggies and sausage for dinner and it went right through me.

I am sooo exhausted. And today is the last day of the month which means the busiest day at my job. Wahhhh.

Levi has not been sleeping well AT ALL. Anyone elses LO going through this? He has been up at least 3 times a night the last week. I don't know what's going on but I am grumpy!

Tonight there is a carnival near my parents house and fireworks across the street from where they live. I love fireworks so at least that will be fun!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck with your results Kim!!

July 31st, 2012, 06:25 AM
Good morning, dr appointment was blah I now have to get a thyroid ultrasound and while I am it a repeat chest CT to check on something they previously saw on the last one, none of this is good for my anxiety level....at all......my appointment is at 2pm

Happy freaking Tuesday

Glad your appointment went ok Amanda and sorry Levi isn't sleeping well
July 31st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Wow Kim. You need a Xanax! I'm sorry. I hope everything goes well for you this afternoon. Keep us posted!

July 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Kim. Fingers crossed all the scans are clear.

Amanda, good news (about not having cancer or Crohn's). I'm glad test is over for you. Is there anything they can to help IBS?

Michelle, are you sore from your run last night?

The kids are finally feeling better. They had decent sleeps last night and James is all better. Leah still has a little fever, but has been talking non-stop since she woke up this morning. Usually a little annoying, but I will happily listen to her chatter today.
July 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
thanks girls I took a tranxene....it isn't working :/
I just want to go and get it over with and get the results, the waiting around fuels my anxiety even more.

glad the kids are feeling better Jennifer!
July 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Do you know if they will tell you whats going on as they do the ultrasound? Get results right away?

I forgot to tell everyone. Levi peed on the potty 5 times yesterday and before he went to daycare this morning! Its like it "clicked" for him. He knows how to push it out and gets excited now! He also said he was done one time, got off the toilet and tried to pee in it standing up. He is about 5 inches too short and peed on the floor lol.
cfm likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search