20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is there a test out there for being a skanky ho bag?? Honestly I think I just like the word, so plan on using it multiple times today.

Yay for golf thursday!! I have a few things to get done around here then it's smooth sailing for me.

My follow up dr. appointment was yesterday and the dr is on fact a skanky ho bag. The verdict is while I am slightly low on vitamin d and have slightly high cholesterol he has no clue what is wrong with me. "Loose a bit of weight, change your diet and get 30 minutes of daily exercise" he said. But neglected to ask what my diet consists of in the first place. He also suggested that perhaps I have anxiety and handed me a referral to a psychologist. Um..... that didn't answer any of my questions so I am fairly certain that I will NOT be following up with him for repeat labs in 3 months. Grrrrr

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
August 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your dr is a skanky ho bag, he passed the test! I would look for a new dr if I were you!!!

this day is going far too slow for my liking.
August 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's frustrating that he made comments about your diet without asking you about your diet. What a dufus.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Ohhh I like dufus just as much as skanky ho bag!

August 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, I am a little biased, but I think it's great having the opportunity to work from home so you can stay home with the kids too, if the workload isn't too high and you can balance both. Go for it!

Kim, I say if you can pull off a skanky ho bag bathing suit, wear it!

Poor Fuzz. It seems like every day we learn of a new animal in your family. How many do you have?

Lisa, I'm sorry about the doctor. They can be pretty useless sometimes. Despite all my complaints and suggestions, my doctor was no help when it came to diagnosing James with his dairy and soy intolerance/allergy. DH and I did it on our own. Now, when we have actual concerns about our kids, I take them to the walk-in clinic at our doctor's office, because we see a different doctor that I really like who seems way more competent. She's not accepting new patients though, so we can't switch.

Yay for Thursday. We had a playdate this morning. This afternoon I am doing 5 or 6 loads of laundry. I tried avoiding it for the week, but instead of doing itself, it kept growing until it finally took over one whole corner of our room. So much for positive thinking, or whatever that expression is.

Amanda, how was Levi with the potty yesterday?
August 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, that's really weird that your laundry didn't do itself despite your positive thinking.

I just spent 2 hours running errands and I forgot to pick up the 1 ingredient that I originally set out for. Ugh. My brain. I also went to the bank to deposit a check and realized I had forgotten the check at home when I got to the teller. Oy.

August 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
The girl I did the pictures for (wedding) is dropping off the cheque for payment. Praise the lord. Now I can pre-order that Furby.... LOL

Oh, and we have a pug, Bruce. The two birds, Ben and Marcus, Henry the turtle and Fuzz the white russian dwarf hamster.
and the partridge, hold the pear tree.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're having a productive day, Michelle.

Yay for getting paid!!

I told DH I wanted a chance to catch up on some emails so asked if he could play with the kids. As soon as I sat down here, I heard the tv come on.
August 3rd, 2012, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Guys, let's talk about how it's Friday. Weeeee!!!!!

Jennifer, it used to make me crazy when dh would do that! I think I've just given up and am too defeated to care anymore. I remember that whenever he used to be left in charge of the kids when they were babies I would always come home to find them in their swing.

How much is a Furby going for these days, Kelly? I have a feeling dh would divorce me if I brought one into the house. But so tempting!

I have 2 extra kids today. Oscar's bff and his little sister. Here's hoping we all make it out alive. It's supposed to be pretty stinking hot so my plans to take them out and roam all afternoon might not work.

August 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Happy Friday!!!!! so so glad it's Friday!

good luck with the troops today Michelle, you are a brave one LOL

We are going to my sisters for the weekend, leaving tomorrow, I have to pack and get stuff together at some point today, I hate that part.
August 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The packing up part is indeed the worst. But worth it for a funtime weekend with the fam, no? Is there a swimming pool there? Drinks to be had by a swimming pool?

I just remembered that dh is "working" for the next 3 days There's a big music thing here for the next 3 days and dh gets to go for free and shake hands and shmooze backstage and in beer tents for the sake of his business. Tough gig. I imagine many of our friends will also be there. No fair! If my mom were in town I could at least ditch the kids with her for one of the days and tag along but she's off visiting my bro out west. Oh well, looks like it's me and the kiddos this weekend .

August 3rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
bummer that sounds like a fun time Michelle, too bad you can't go

yes there is a pool and my sister is having a big ole party to celebrate August Birthdays (my niece, BIL and 2 of their friends) and my nieces graduation from college. It will be a lot of people, a lot of beer and a lot of food. So worth it. Plus with so much family around and the fact that my mom is feeling back to herself I have others who are on kid duty which means I can relax a bit. My mom told me this weekend is for me and DH to kick back and relax and she will watch the kiddos for us. Strange how my mom can be dealing with so many things, had such a rough few months and yet she still worries that I don't relax enough, moms they really do rock socks!!!
August 3rd, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Moms really are they best. Yours sounds especially great. Hope you make the most of it, Kim (read:drunk chair dancing)!

August 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
oh yes thanks for reminding me, ****must pack Sublime CD for chair dancing purposes****

my mom really is the best, couldn't ask for a better mama for sure!
August 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Ohh I love big summer get togethers like that!! Drinks, beer, family, pool, food. Doesn't get much better!

Sorry bout your weekend Michelle. You should drive down here and join Kim lol. Sounds like a few more wouldn't hurt.

I got a call from the Dr. The results are that I do not have cancer. What they found is "consistant" with Ileitis or Colitis which may be caused from either IBS or IBD. I have no idea what any of that means. I tried to look it up but it all sounds like the same stuff to me. I have an appt. next Thursday to go over everything.

Levi had another dry diaper yesterday but every time he has pooped it has been in his diaper. So we still have a lil work to do but are on our way.

TGIF!!!!

August 3rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I'm kinda jealous of those with awesome Mama's, I must admit.
Extra kids on a friday doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. Maybe they'll nap the entire time? (ha). Working all weekend doesn't sound glorious either.
Furby is ***** expensive here, which is why i'm pre-ordering from the states and having a lovely lady who will have my babies ship it to me. Even with exchange and shipping, works out to be far far less. I'm 99% sure the child that loves every living furry or scaly creature will be over the moon.

August 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Ella will be thrilled with her furry friend I am sure of it, and her American friend is happy to be a part of making her happy

I love parties like too! Michelle drive on down all are welcome! Amanda you can come too lol.....it will be a fun mix, besides the normal crazy family that will there (myself included) my niece is bringing her entourage of college friends from Philly, my nephew's college buddies are all coming and my sisters crazy friends will all be there....the kids (well the 20 somethings, all over 21 don't worry I am old my nieces and nephews are above the drinking age lol) are all camping out in their yard in tents lol, my sister has a pretty big property, it should be a really fun time!!! plus my kids absolutely love being in big crowds like that, they are quite the party animals
August 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a Furby as a kid. All I remember about it is "Dance, boogie!" and then it would moan if it was ignored. I imagine they're a little more advanced now though. Ella will love it. Way to get your Christmas shopping started!

Michelle, good luck today. Hopefully everyone gets along and has fun playing together while you sit back and relax. If you're bored this weekend while DH is busy, come to TO. We're heading down this weekend for some family time.

Kim, sounds like a great weekend. Fun for all. Get DH to take a chair dancing picture to share with us next week.

I am jealous too of awesome moms. My mom sucks. But my stand-in mom (my aunt) is amazing.
August 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As tempting as the long drives alone with the kids sound, I think I'll have to pass on your generous offers, guys. Thanks though!

A fair amount of squabbling the first half of the day, now the boys are watching some lego ninja business and the little girl is watching max and ruby while holly naps. only 4 more hours to go until pick up Sadly, I'm watching the kids as a favour to their father. If it had been a favour to their mother I know she'd show up with a bottle of wine for me at pick up time.

The good news about Jennifer and Kelly having not awesome moms is that it has turned them into super duper awesome moms in turn!

Hope the kids have fun in the crowd, Kim! My kids are party kids too. I have no idea where they get it from

Good luck getting Levi to poop on the potty, Amanda! You're off to a good start. And I'm really glad you don't have cancer!!!!!

August 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
yes Amanda I forgot glad you don't have the big C...my GI says I have IBS too, I think that is just what they say when you have poop issues and nothing else is found IMO but whatever lol it could be worse...I take a probiotic Florastor, it is pricey but I swear to you it is the only thing that calms my GI system down, my GI suggested it and it really has worked wonders, I buy mine off amazon but maybe ask the GI about it? mine gave me a months worth of samples before I committed to buying it.

I think my kids just love being oohhed and awwed over, my niece and nephews friends love my kids and my kids love them, it's a pretty neat dynamic and my niece and nephew are both super awesome people with super awesome friends, it's all good. We are lucky people to have all these super awesome people in our lives.

and yes sucky moms suck but in turn Kelly and Jennifer are super moms! the cycle is broken and that's what matters!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search