20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is this helpful, Kim?
parliament - give up the funk - YouTube

Good luck at the doctorinos!!!!

August 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it is, thank you!! I always have a friend in Michelle!!!!!!
August 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I hope you get good, positive, boring results Kim! You know we're always thinking of you.

My stomach is same old. I have an appt tomorrow to follow up my procedure. Hopefully I will get some answers and start figuring out how to feel better.

Did I tell you guys that DH got a job offer? I can't remember. He starts an HVAC job part time (and will still keeps his other part time job) on the 21st.

So I have a question... Is putting Levi to sleep with a movie on his little DVD player worse than giving him a bottle? He didn't ask for a bottle last night but did ask to watch his "dine saur mofie"

Last edited by BelloFiglioLA; August 8th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
August 8th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Syd goes to bed every night while watching a movie in her room...is it bad?? don't know and don't care because it is way better than it was prior to initiating "operation bedtime movie" she fights going to bed, always has, I started allowing her to watch a movie in her room with the rule she must stay in bed and go to sleep on her own without me in there and it has worked great, generally she watches 10 minutes and is out so I will take it. haha I used to sleep with the TV on as a kid, I still would but DH hates it lol
MrsCalhoun likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Team Kim here. Ella has the tv on to go to bed too, and 95% of the time I forget to push play and she falls asleep to the menu screen. But I'm parent of the year SO.
I've spent a lot of time calling different gouv agencies to see if my landlord is allowed to be a douche. Most people are proving to not be very helpful. We're planning a trip to the zoo tomorrow (yay hour and 45 minute drive and 200.00). Which reminds me, Michelle, is the Mercier open??? I can never keep track of these bridges. Darn island life.

August 8th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think so? Mercier is not really on the radar. My mom likes to keep me posted on all things Victoria, Champlain and Jacques Cartier though. Have fun at the zoo! What's up with the landlord, what is he trying to pull.

Good luck to your dh at the job, Amanda. Is this the place that he worked briefly at before as part of his school? I bet the extra income will be nice.

I have no real opinion on the movie for sleep thing. We try and avoid screen time but we also try and avoid bedtime hassles. I'm all for bending rules if it means catching some zzz. And it won't rot his teeth like milk at bedtime!

August 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
The champlain makes me want to kick puppies.
We want to apply for a service dog for Noah (and liam), and he's all up my rear about it. I'm not sure how he's allowed to say no to a service animal but anycrap.

Hooray for new jobs and extra cash, Amanda!

August 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
back from appointment 1 of the week, it went ok....1 more tomorrow and then I am not going back to a dr for a while if I don't have to :/

your landlord is a jerk, how can he deny service dogs??
August 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Kim, you didn't get bad news did you? That's good, right!!

I got the OK to send Levi tomorrow with a bunch of extra clothes and undies. He still hasn't pooped on the potty but he does really well peeing. The only problem is that his daycare is understaffed so he has to go to the one year old room for the afternoons this week. They won't take him to the bathroom in there. He is more advanced then some of the other 2yos as far as potty training goes but since he is the youngest, he has to be the one who gets moved around. Not sure how I feel about that, but that's life, ya know?

I get to go grocery shopping kid free tonight. Not really that exciting but I'm going with my BFF so we can have adult time lol. DH had off last night and tonight. I love when he is home! His 3rd term starts tomorrow at school.

August 8th, 2012, 01:48 PM
no bad news today so I will take it! just it looks ok and repeat scan in one year see ya then, good enough I guess.

yay for Levi!! Sam has been peeing on the potty too, he stands up to pee? I so wasnt expecting that yet lol, him aim isn't great but he tries haha. He goes at school but still has wet diapers from time to time too, we are getting there. Sam is the youngest in his class and I think that helps the cause cause he sees his older friends going IDK?

grocery shopping kid free is great! it rarely happens here, at least one tags along.

my friend is coming over tonight, we are taking the kids for ice cream yay?! ice cream is always good I guess lol
August 9th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was ice cream, Kim? ice cream is indeed always good. I had some too last night, after the kids went to bed. Glad the doctors didn't give you six weeks to live. Hope all goes well at the last appointment today.

I'm jealous of all your potty capable kids! Holly loves to b.s. me about using the potty, but is never productive. I am SO OVER DIAPERS. apparently she isn't.

Hope Levi rules the school in the 1 year old room! All those little kids are going to adore having him around. Big boys are the coolest.

When's Jennifer back, already?

How was the show Lisa?

Kelly, pretty sure a landlord can't deny a service dog, no? Sounds like a good story for the media if he does, though it will create some serious bad blood. I know it's not cool to talk politics but is this election depressing or what? What's an anglo to do?

I'm going to go hide at my mom's today, if she'll have me. Just waiting until it's late enough to call her up and invite myself over. Maybe she'll even hang with the kids while I sneak off for an obligatory costco run.

Have a great time at the Zoo, Kelly! Hope the weather holds out and the crowds too!

August 9th, 2012, 05:53 AM
morning....ice cream was good. never a complaint with ice cream!

it's Thursday, almost Friday! I have an appointment later this morning and then a ton of work, work is drowning me lately, wah!!!

My MIL is taking Syd out for dinner later, to have a girls night. So this evening will be a one kid kinda night, I may celebrate with a thirsty Thursday beer and enjoy a little down time with my little dude.

Have fun at your mom's Michelle.....and the zoo Kelly!!!!
August 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Afternoon!

I had a dream about you guys last night. Not really sure what it was about, I just know Michelle was there with a pouty face and Kim brought Sydney. I remember trying to get into a little box. Weird? Yes!

I didn't send undies today. I am waiting until Monday. If they are going to send him to the one year old room, and the girl in there refuses to take him to the bathroom, it will just be a mess. So hopefully they get their staffing figured out and Monday will be Undies day!

I hate the stupid c-word, b-word sitting next to me! Blah! This place would be a million and 14 times better if she were gone. She talks to me like I am retarded and I can't stand it. I don't think Penn State would have given me a diploma if I were retarded, right?

Let the lovin, let the lovin come back to me. Lovin is what I got! <---- that's on the radio right now. I guess I should calm down. How can you be mad when good ol' Sublime is on?

August 9th, 2012, 11:17 AM
"Well, life is too short, so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" ..........grab a chair and start dancin' Amanda.....maybe then the crazy lady will quit haha
August 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The concert was great other than the d-bag standing in front of me blocking my view. I was certainly an eclectic group of people - older folks (like mid 60's), younger people, wheel chairs, hover rounds, bad fashion choices... You name it and I probably saw it last night. But we had fun. And have vowed to do it again sometime but to forgo the 4 hour drive home at midnight for a hotel. I wish good bands would come closer to me, but I guess Portland has crazy rules for using their venues.

Today I am recovering and heading out for dinner with a long time friend. A girl I went to school with since preschool lives about 30 minutes from me and emailed me earlier this week. She's lived up here for about 2 years, and we have gotten together a few times, but nothing regular. Regardless, it should be nice to get re-acquainted (again) with an old friend and have some girl time. I am feeling slightly spoiled this week with all of the adult time I have been getting

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
August 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Have fun tonight lisa!!

and so it begins....football season! E...A...G....L...E....S....EAGLES!!!! well preseason anyway, that means fall is right around the corner ladies!
August 10th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday!!!!

It's deary and rainy. I think we shall stay in and hide? A friend of O's is supposed to come for a playdate this aft but I find it really difficult and unpleasant when they hang out together anywhere but at the park so I'm considering cancelling. Too selfish? Oscar does have a bit of a cold and the boy's mom is recovering from radiation so best to keep them apart, no?

Hope you had a nice time with your friend, Lisa. So nice to have a few grown up evenings every now and then.

How did it go at the doctor's, Kim? You good to go for awhile?

I had a nice time hanging at my mom's. The kids played so nicely the whole time and it was good to just flop around and chit chat. I'll be sad when my mom goes back to teaching in a couple of weeks, I like having her at my disposable 24/7

Big plans for today are to make a cake and clean a bit. I think I can handle it.

Go, Friday Go!!!

August 10th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Morning! Dr yesterday went ok, it was my endocrinology appointment checkup, she said my diabetes is doing great and she will see me in 4 months, good enough.....Michelle radiation and a cold?? two good reasons to cancel if you ask me! Have fun baking cake!

My parents are coming tomorrow for the weekend, I also have to get Syd registered for gymnastics this weekend at some point, Sept will be here soon! We were going to have a get together on Sunday with an old friend but she now has to work, oh well.

Today I have a butt ton of work to do an also laundry and cleaning to do, blah!

Syd has a petting zoo thing coming to school today and she opted to wear a princess dress with spiderman sneakers, I was like are you sure???? to a petting zoo??? haha I am telling you she is a trendsetter, NYC fashion world better look out cause Syd is making statements all over the place

Last edited by kimmiejo; August 10th, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
August 10th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
September will be here soon. Scary thought. Thanks for ruining the rest of my summer, Kim!
Sydney sounds so awesome. I wish they could always be so carefree.

It's barely 10:30 and Holly has gone for a nap, upon her request I'll enjoy the quiet now in anticipation of whatever is brewing that is causing such an odd occurrence.

Unfortunately, we were supposed to be buying cake supplies right now so I could make a cake while she napped later. Oh well.

August 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
every time Syd picks out a crazy outfit and marches off to school with such an air of confidence I think to myself "please, please, please let this last! don't let her lose her funky confidence by peer pressure" it reminds me of this Waking Up Full of Awesome

and it makes me proud and yet sad at the same time because I know some day some d bag kid (yeah I said it) will say something to her or make fun of her and shake her confidence, growing up is hard sometimes :/

Hope Holly's nap isn't indicative of something brewing! it is pouring here ugh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search