20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally hear you, Kim. I dread the day they have to leave the garden of eden, so to speak. Innocent and full of awesome forever, please!

August 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wasn't Jennifer supposed to be back by now?

Kelly, how was the zoo???

August 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Sydney is cute

I'm glad you had fun with your Momma, Michelle.

I am looking at my bills which always puts me in a foul mood. But, it's Friday and DH will get getting a new job soon, so I just need to hold out a few more weeks and hopefully we can start getting back on our feet a little bit.

I thought my gastro appt was yesterday.... turns out it's next week. I have a feeling they are going to tell me to try a gluten free diet since my Mom and brother have both been on one for years. I have decided that I am eating all the bread, pasta, cookies, pizza ect. that I can get my hands on before then! All of my favorite foods involve Gluten.

I took Levi to daycare this morning... and it was empty. My sister said she was up all night throwing up (after we hung out all evening) and she tried to call off but they wouldnt let her since everyone had called off 1st. More than half the kids are out with stomach viruses. I took Levi and RAN! I DO NOT want a stomach virus entering my house. He seems fine, and I feel fine so hopefully, fingers extra crossed, we missed it. I am friends with one of the other girls Mom in Levi's class. She posted on FB last night that her daughter was throwing up...and Levi spent all day with her. Oh god, panic attack. I'd rather have any other kind of sickness. Yikes!!

I hope Holly isn't getting sick either! How is she this afternoon?

August 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
This thread has had over 76,000 views. Kinda crazy, right?! We rock

August 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is crazy!! and I hope you don't get the stomach bug, those are dreadful, last time one went thru our house I thought for sure we wouldn't survive it, horrible!!!!

so happy this workday is over, it was a rough one. I sent Jon to get the kiddos I cannot even muster the energy to walk outside at the moment, ugh! work is for suckers
August 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy Amanda, hope you escaped the bug! So brutal when the barfs come to town!

Holly is not sick but she is now a giant mess from napping too early. So hard to get them to bed when they are too tired. I am quite the opposite.

Compromised on the play date I was avoiding and went to the park with them instead of having them over. Win win. My cake still isn't made yet though.

Hope you're all relaxing and enjoy the weekend eve!

August 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I am back. It was a good week. The kids had fun doing all the activities and visiting with family. I got a nasty sore throat on Monday and it's been with me all week. I haven't eaten much, I can barely drink enough to take pain meds and I lost my voice for a couple of days. Went to the doctor's this morning. All he said was it's not strep, so it's a virus. It could be gone tomorrow, it could be gone in 3 weeks. He doesn't know and there's nothing I can do but take pain meds and wait it out. Thanks doc.

Of course, while a sore throat really sucks, a stomach bug that everyone is catching is a little scary. I hope Levi stays healthy!! Going gluten-free actually kind of makes sense. If you try it for a few weeks and find it helps, it might be worth making the switch. I have a friend with Celiac disease and he didn't figure it out until late twenties, but he's been way better (no stomach issues at all) since giving it all up. And there are TONS of gluten-free options out there. Some kind of gross, but some are really good. Do some research online. It would be nice to have an answer to your issues.

Michelle, park is the perfect compromise. In the summer, whenever one of the kids has a cold, I always suggest playdates in the park. The germs aren't contained within four walls, so the others are less likely to catch it (not sure if that's true, but it's how I imagine it works). What is the cake for?

Kim, I'm glad the appts. went well and you don't have anymore for a while. Hopefully this will give your mind a break from all that yucky stress. Have fun with your parents.

Leah is like Sydney. She wears the most ridiculous things sometimes, but she is determined to wear it. Hopefully Sydney has many years of dressing however she wants before she starts dressing like everyone else.

Lisa, I'm a little jealous of your Aerosmith concert. Not so much the long drive home after. I didn't realize I was a fan until DH played some of their cd's for Leah a couple of years ago and I was singing along to almost all the songs. I don't remember listening to them growing up, but I must have. Now they make me happy.

Last edited by ~MamaTutu~; August 10th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
August 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay, you're back! We missed you! Bummer about the sore throat. We've got a rover on Mars but still can seem to tackle a freaking cold virus. Come on, science! How was Wonderland?

The cake is for my MIL. Her birthday is today and we're having family over tomorrow to celebrate. Except that now it looks like it's just going to be my MIL and my vegan SIL and her vegan girlfriend. The cake is triple layered and huge. Looks like dh and I will be having cake for breakfast for a few day. Dh's family makes me absolutely bonkers with their inability to plan stuff until the very last minute. It is still entirely likely that we have 25 guests here tomorrow instead of 3, we'll find out about 2 minutes before the event. Anyways...

August 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderland was great. Both kids loved going on the rides and they both handled the long lines really well. We would have stayed longer if it hadn't been so hot. Next year we'll go later in the day and stay til bedtime. I will eventually put pics up on Facebook. I'm not very good at that though.

Chocolate cake for breakfast doesn't sound too bad to me. Do you have to make a special cake for the vegans? Good luck tomorrow, however many guests you have!
August 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome back Jennifer!!! missed you!

both my kids were up before 6:30am, ugh! waiting for my parents to get here, going to go sign Sydney up for gymnastics this morning and then who knows what. Happy it's Saturday, both kids are gonna need a nap and maybe their mother too
August 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How was naptime, Kim?

DH has taken care of the kids pretty much all day today so I can rest. What a sweetheart.

I'm trying to decide what to sign James up for this year. Possibly an art class for toddlers, and a couple of sports-focused activities, but not sure. He is a natural athlete, something that apparently isn't genetic, since neither DH or I (or Leah) have an athletic bone in our bodies. Leah wants to do tap this year and I found a friend of hers who is doing a tap/jazz combo class, so I think I'll sign her up for that.

I'm starting to feel so sad about Leah going back to school. It's only 3 weeks away. I can't believe how fast the summer went by. How are you ladies feeling about your little ones starting school for the first time soon?
August 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling soooo sad for oscar starting school in 3 weeks! I'm trying to put on a brave face and really trying to savour these last lazy, carefree days.

Expecting people in about 20 minutes, aren't sure yet if we are hosting or going to mil's family. Oh, my in laws And no, I did not make a seperate thing for the vegans. Maybe if it was one of their birthdays.

Big ol' thunderstorm going on here. Pretty sweet of your dh to step up, Jennifer. I think we are going to sign Oscar up for some sort of martial art class as he seems interested. I probably won't bother signing Holly up for anything until she is older. We'll just do our own circuit of playgroups and the pool and such. Kelly, are you going to come to ndg for some playgroupin' this season? We can talk smack about the other moms together!

August 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So how was your dinner last night, Michelle? Oh, and what's going on with the new job? Did you take it? Have you started? Do you like it?

Maybe I'll try a playgroup with James this year. He was still napping twice a day up until the end of June, so a long morning activity would never have worked for us then. I'll look into that too. There are tons around here, I'm just not sure which are the good ones. When Leah was 2, I was running my home daycare, so we were our own little playgroup.

DH and I are heading out for an early date this afternoon/evening. I'm feeling stable, but still need to get my sleep, so we're going to a 3pm movie and early bird dinner afterwards. I think we're going to see Campaign. It will be nice to laugh for a couple of hours.
August 12th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you had a fun date! Who watched the kids?

Just finished my 3rd piece of cake today. Go me! Yesterday went fine and well once everyone (mil,sil and her gf) showed. The kids were actually really, really over the top good and sweet and polite, everyone was bowled over by how crazy awesome they were. It made me really, really proud. I think they were just putting on a good show, but still, I'm glad they know where and when to do it!

Gonna go call my crazy grandma and wish her a happy birthday, pour myself a strong drink and call it a weekend, see you all in the morning!

August 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Good Morning friends!

I have big news! We are on day 5 of no bottle!! I am so excited. Levi also has not peed out of his diaper the past 4 nights and woke up dry this morning. He sleeps so much better when he doesn't wake up soaked. We all slept in until after 9 both days this weekend. I feel great Levi was really good this weekend and I am positive its because he got more sleep than usual.

We had a really nice weekend. Didn't do much. Just hung out at home, did some yard work and cleaned.

We never did get the stomach bug so hopefully they lysoled the entire Daycare over the weekend to keep things from spreading. My Mom thinks that it was food poisoning since everyone got it at the same time. Maybe Levi just didn't eat whatever it was? I know my sister did and she was pretty sick.

August 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Levi seems to have matured by leaps and bounds over the last week or so! No bottle, underwear, crawling out of his crib. Way to go, buddy!

Michelle, I love it when my kids are on their absolute best behaviour around others too. Even if I know it's not reality, I beam and accept every compliment.

I brought the kids window shopping for school clothes. It didn't go as badly as I had prepared for, so I guess it was a successful trip.
August 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way to go Levi!! It's amazing how in just so little time they can grow up so much. I miss my itty bitty baby, but do admit, this is a pretty fun stage.

The weekend was a fairly quiet one for us. I spent some time catching up on missed sleep and getting things done around the house. We did a little back to school shopping as well, and I hesitate to say that we are just about finished. T minus 10 days until our big vacation so that is in our sights and we are starting to get ready for that. My huge cake/cupcake order is for this coming weekend so that is on my radar as well. It's going to be a busy week for me!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
August 13th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, Levi has really stepped up his game recently, eh? Is it freaking you out a bit, Amanda? Super happy for you guys, minus the crib fall. Is he sleeping in a real bed now?

I'm freaking spitting fire mad. I had a meeting with the group I volunteer with tonight and because dh is working I was going to have to drag the kids along. We rushed to eat supper early because we had to leave right after soccer practice to make it to the meeting. Psych my tired kids up after practice for the "fun" meeting, show up at the clinic and nobody is there. Get home to an email that they moved the meeting to a member's house because her dh is away that night and she alone with the kids. Ugh. I'm mad about the inconvenience but even more mad because it was a really important meeting tonight and now I have missed it. Roar. Oh well. sorry to vent here about irrelevant stuff, I'm just fuming!!

August 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's an all-around terrible story, Michelle.
August 14th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I thought it was Wednesday but it sure isn't. And holly got up at 5:30 today. weeeeee!

big, exciting tuesday plans, anyone? oscar has his last soccer game tonight and we'll be going for ice cream after. i'm already looking forward to the ice cream.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search