20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 04:59 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is a crappy story Michelle, booo for missing the meeting :/

Happy Tuesday, it is dreary out and it matches my mood, going to be a long week!

Yay Amanda! WTG Levi! Sam has started peeing on the potty, still no poop though. He refuses to sit and pee and just stands over the potty and puts his hands on his hips and pees, he has no aim? I try to explain that he needs to hold onto "it" and aim but he just won't lol oh well he is peeing on the potty so that's something I guess. He still wakes up soaked in the mornings though, naps he is usually dry. I haven't potty trained a boy before so I don't know what I am doing, actually I never really potty trained syd either she just did it herself, I guess I am hoping Sam kinda does the same, ha
August 14th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You guys are so lucky with your self trainers! Kim, I think it took quite awhile before Oscar held it himself and aimed, we usually held the potty to "catch" the pee. It went better when we just got a little step and he uses the toilette, made a much larger target.

I've got a massive head cold (allergies?) and I can't smell or taste anything. What's the point of living if I can't taste anything??? Boo. My dad is coming to visit tomorrow and I'm stressed about all the cleaning I need to do. My Dad is an super neat freak military man and I have annoying anxiety about it. Wish I could just get over it and not care what he thinks. I should bring it up with my psychiatrist friend, see if she can free therapy me out of my daddy issues

I think you're right on your long week prediction Kim....

August 14th, 2012, 08:14 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
It's dreary and rainy here too....but I like rainy days so I don't mind.

Sorry you are sick Michelle. I hate when I can't taste stuff. Yuck.

I decided yesterday that I am going to redo my bedroom this week. (well, the bedroom I sleep in) It's the only room in the house that hasn't been painted since we moved in 3 years ago. It is dark red and I hate it! I am going with a light gray and white molding. I got a black and white carpet, curtains and a little chest of drawers for free from a house my parents own and a got a free armoire (sp?) from my parents neighbor. (There is no closet in the room so that is nice) All the stuff is older or dirty but I am cleaning, shampooing and repainting. I am going to clean up the hardwood floors and seal them better. I'm so excited!

Levi sits to pee usually. He still hasn't pooped in the potty either. I looked at his daycare paper and he didn't pee in the potty all day yesterday?? I have no idea why. He has underwear on 90% of the time at home though. He is still in his crib. I think he was able to climb out because there was too much stuff (pillows, stuffed animals, blankets) in there. So we took everything out except one pillow and one blanket. There is so much stuff happening at one time, I can't handle a big boy bed yet.

August 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Booo to colds and not being able to taste things and long weeks that seem never ending. Yay to room re-do's and peeing on the potty though.

Noelle is 95% trained but refuses to poop on the potty. At home she is in underware all the time except for at night to sleep, she's still waking up pretty soaked, and when she asks for a diaper to poop. At day care she is in a diaper at nap time, but generally wakes up dry, however uses that time as her opportunity to poop when she is there. Silly kid. I'm sure she will get pooping on the potty eventually, but in the mean time I would rather hand her a diaper than deal with a constipated kid for now.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
August 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Dan just called me.. he is throwing up. Greeeaaaaaatttttt.

August 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Time to quarantine DH! Fingers crossed you and Levi stay healthy.

Michelle, you shouldn't have to clean your house when you're sick. When your dad shows up tomorrow, wrap yourself in a blanket, mess up your hair, and greet him at the door. He'll see you're so sick and maybe won't notice the messy house.

I have the opposite feeling about this week. I kind of want time to slow down a bit for the next couple of weeks, which means they are probably going to fly by. I brought the kids to the science museum today and they were so sweet and so well behaved. I wish they were like that all the time.
August 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hurray for sweet and well behaved children! As sad as I am about O going to school I am looking forward to getting back into a proper routine. Oh and my new job didn't work out, they ended up hiring internally but said they'd call me if anything else comes up. Bummer but oh well. Things are feeling a little more stable here right now so I feel like I'll only take something that really works for us.

What's the stomach flu status in your house right now, Amanda? Are you and Levi still healthy? The kids and I all have colds. Holly's eyes are thick with green goop. Pretty gross. When my dad leaves tomorrow he's taking Oscar with him and they are going camping until Sunday. It will be really weird to not have him here. Holly's going to be lonely!

Happy Wednesday!!

August 15th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Good morning!

After work, Levi and I went and bought some Lysol. Then we picked up dinner and met my sister at the park w/her gf and her gfs nephews. We had a picnic, played a lot and built sandcastles in the volleyball court. We went home around 8, Levi got a bath and went right to bed. He didn't even know DH was home. I sprayed everything with lysol. So far so good for Levi and I. I don't know how DH is this morning, I didn't even go in the room. Blech! I am giving myself anxiety just thinking about it.

August 15th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hehe, I hope he's still alive!

August 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL Michelle. Amanda, I guess you won't be seeing your DH for another day or two. Have you spoken on the phone to see how he's feeling?

Michelle, Holly does sound gross. Hopefully Oscar is feeling better for the camping trip. It's sweet that he'll have that alone time with your dad.

Nothing much going on here. Went to the park, then had lunch, now it's quiet time. I'm bringing Leah tonight to get her registered for dance. I really hope she likes it this year. In her mind, she's already a tap dancer, but she doesn't like the idea of starting from the very basics, which is what she will be doing. How do you explain to someone who knows everything that they still need to learn everything?
August 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Haha, I talked to DH twice today. He is feeling better. Still not great but at least he's done puking. And he is going to school tonight so that's good. He better be spending his day doing laundry, washing everything he touched!

August 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Why do we bother with toys? James has been walking around with one of my mixing bowls for the last two days and Leah has turned our salad spoons into friends.

Good night ladies. Hope you're all feeling better tomorrow, Michelle. Amanda, stay healthy!
August 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys!

Where's Kim at? She' been hanging out in funk(y) town again? We misssss youuuuuu!

Oscar left about an hour ago. At the very last minute he freaked out and cried and cried and wouldn't let me go I'm sure he's over it by now. Holly's napping so it's a nice, quiet house. Think I'll just sit back and savour it. No legos underfoot for 3 days!!

Has Leah named her salad spoons??

August 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Awww poor O! I'm sure he'll have a great time. Can he call you at least?

My appt is this afternoon. I feel like Kim and am freaking out a little bit. I'm not sure why, I pretty much know what's coming.... Blah!!

August 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Amanda. Let us know what they say.

Poor Oscar. He just didn't realize what an awesome time he was about to have. Leah and DH are going camping this weekend too. Leah is PUMPED.

The spoons are Sarah and Carol. Those are her go-to names for all inanimate objects.

Enjoy your quiet time, Michelle, and your mommy-daughter time.
August 16th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, Leah is hilarious!

Guys, I feel 10 times more pleasant and less tired than I usually feel around this time of day. Things are looking good for me for when Oscar starts school! 2 kids is harder than 1. Who knew?!

My bff is coming over tonight and we are making a meal to celebrate Julia Child's 100th birthday (1 day late). Should be nice and fun and wine filled. Yay!

August 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi I am here, still in funk town....I had a regular dermatology appointment to check out my moles today, I go every so ofter because I am moley and they now want to take like 3 or 4 off in a couple weeks, ackkkkkkkkkkkk I blame my sister for this because she insists I go because she has had some taken off and says I need to keep an eye on them but Lord have Mercy, ya all know how much I freak when seeing drs and now they are cutting chunks out of me? Holy Hannah I need a valium lol

good luck Amanda!

I am sure O is A ok now and having a great time!
August 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, have fun cooking tonight.

Life is definitely easier with one. But not quite as exciting.

Kim, my dh had a mole on his back removed last month. He said it felt like a sting for a little while, but that's all. His was really big.

I've got a mild case of baby fever. Ack!!
August 17th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sweet jeebs, it's Friday!! Thank goodness.

Jennifer, I seem to have caught a sore throat, just like you had last week. If you happen to also give me that baby fever I will NOT be impressed!!! Hope it passes quickly. Do you have any friends having babies that you can live vicariously through? I honestly don't have an ounce of the fever. When I see people with babies I think "better you than me!". Maybe James wants a little brother or sister?

Mole removal does not sound like fun. Kim, maybe you should become one of those hippies that doesn't believe in modern medicine and just quit going to the doctor all together. You need a break!

Holly is digging being an only child, so far so good. I'm enjoying the one on one time, minus the time I spent sleeping on the the floor beside her last night Dinner with my friend was really great and delicious but i had a stomach ache after from all the buttery, rich foods. I just can't digest like I used. Hurray for getting old. And hurray for Friday!!!

August 17th, 2012, 05:18 AM
TGIF! I should become a hippy, move to a commune and shun all this modern and medical, ugh! My sister has had moles removed, DH had one taken off and my FIL has had skin cancer removed 2 times one of which was melanoma and they are all like no big deal.....umm clearly they have never actually googled melanoma, cause I have and it ain't pretty, yikes! at any rate I shall go thru with it because the dr said I should but I will fret about it in true Kim fashion my appointment isn't until the 28th so until then I am gonna try to forget about it!

Any big weekend plans? We had plans to go to the Grange Fair (think farm animals and funnel cakes) tomorrow but now it is supposed to rain, so maybe on Sunday we will not sure yet. We also have a BBQ/clam bake to go to tomorrow afternoon at a friends, I hate clams! but I love beer soooooooo it shouldn't be bad haha

I def do not have the baby fever, so many people I know are having new babies and I think awwwwwww so cute for about 10 seconds and then I am just like ok have fun with that! Enjoy your only child days Michelle, I bet O is having a grand ole time and Holly must love the one on one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search