20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for successful demolifications. Best not to look at your face just yet. Enjoy the day off.

How was Oscar's first day, Michelle? Does the teacher seem nice?

Amanda, February will be here before you know it!

I'm having a hard time thinking about anything other than Leah this morning. 3 more hours before she gets home and I get to hear everything. I hope it's going well.
August 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Leah's bus was 30 minutes late to drop her off after school today. The new driver (a girl who looks about 18) got a "little messed up on the route", she explained. Meanwhile, DH and I (and probably every other parent) is freaking out because there is no sign of our children and no explanation (the school didn't know what had happened). Ugh!!!!!! This new driver has got a lot of making up to do after this.

BUT, when the bus finally got here and Leah got off the bus, she said it was the greatest day ever, so I am thrilled! She knew a couple of the girls in her class (most of her friends left for a different school), and she likes her teachers. Yay!

How was Oscar's first visit, Michelle?

Kim, how was the rest of your day off?

Amanda, how is your tummy feeling? Any difference yet with the meds?
August 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, that would be so nerve wracking waiting for a no show bus!! But that's awesome that she had "the best day ever!" What more could you ask for?

First day was ok. Teacher seems really nice. Sadly, none of the kids O knows are in his class and it seems to be mostly girls. Oscar is a guys kind of guy. We also got a note saying he was going to be evaluated by the "orthopédagogue" (occupational therapist, maybe?) this week about his French. I don't really know what that means in terms of what will happen is they determine his French is sub par (which it is). I'm a little stressed about it. Guess we'll just wait and see. Anyway, another half day today for him, this time alone, hopefully it goes well.

Kim, the thought of moles in a jar makes me giggle/grossed out! Hopefully (probably) they are pathologically uninteresting.

Kelly, if you're out there, good luck on your first day for your boys!!!!

August 29th, 2012, 05:15 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yikes Jennifer that would stress me out!! glad she had a great first day though! that is awesome!

Michelle, sorry O doesn't really know anyone in his class, not sure about the OT thing? if it's just his french that is sub par maybe and extra little class to catch him up? I can't imagine being bilingual at age 5 is very easy :/ I am sure he will do great!

It's Wed, mid week. Only a couple more days and then the long weekend. Long weekends are good, that's about all I got today. and moles in a jar are totally nasty, just sayin' ugh the thought alone sends me into a grossed out frenzy!
August 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! Popping in again - hope everyone is doing good!

I'm dealing with pink eye I got from Dallas who picked something up over our vacation. I think she has hand-foot-mouth along with her confirmed double ear infection and double pink eye! Ugggh! It has NOT been fun over here lately! I'm just trying to keep the pink eye/infections from getting to Dahlia, poor baby. My eye is all crusty and swollen, be thankful for healthy eyes today, lol.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

August 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Ew pink eye is no fun. Wash your hands a lot, and no touching! lol Hope you guys feel better soon!

Glad Leah had a good day! And hopefully O gets the hang of everything and makes some new friends.

I haven't noticed a difference in my stomach yet. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks so it could still be another 2 before I notice a change. They called me back after my xray last week and said they didn't find anything so I'm not sure what that means? I guess I need to schedule another appt with another $25 co-pay to find out. All the meds are doing so far are giving me a constant headache (Since Sunday...so day 4 now) and making me nauseous.

DH is on my last nerve today. Wouldn't you think that since he was fired from his last job and hasn't started his 3-4 days at his new job that he would have time to do the dishes and clean up? I should not have to ask him (multiple times) to take the trash out, and clean the counters. I work all day and go home and take care of a 2 year old alone. AND I do all the house work on top of that. He sits and watches TV. Yesterday I went home over lunch and he was sleeping on the couch. I asked him last week to take some stuff out to the curb, put his laundry away and clean up the deck. Not one of those 3 things is finished yet. Blah, he can kiss my fat little butt today. Not happy.

August 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, would holding out on s*x help get DH's butt moving?

Poor Dallas. Sounds like she has everything. Leah had hand/foot/mouth disease a few weeks ago. It wasn't fun. I can't imagine dealing with that, plus ear infections and pink eye.

Michelle, are all the kids getting tested for their French? Last year, there were 4 jk classes at Leah's school and the kids were split up according to their level of French skills. Leah's group was the second most English (all understanding, but most not speaking a lot) and by the end of the year, they were all speaking just fine in French.

That's funny that he's with a bunch of girls. Leah has mostly boys in her class. There's 6-7 girls and then 15 boys. Poor teacher. At least he gets to see his friends during recess...

James slept all morning and is in bed again for a quick nap before going to pick Leah up at the bus. Pretty easy day.
August 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Haha Jennifer. No, because I am the horn ball in our relationship hahaha.

I did just get a text that said "Hi I love you. Dishes are done, laundry is in, the tarp, pool, TV and trash are all out at the curb. Working on the deck now."

So that's good.. I guess he isn't too mad at me and it worked in my favor.

August 30th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Way to kick your dh's butt into gear, Amanda!

The mornings sure are cooler these days Fall is beautiful and all but it really just means winter is coming.

School is going well for little O, he seems into it and I'm feeling pretty positive about it. So, yay!

We have an election here on Tuesday and for some reason I'm not registered to vote? So I have to go down to the elections office with Holly today to register. What a freaking PITA! I wish my conscience would just let me not vote. Grumble.

Guys, it's almost Friday. High fives to that! We're also getting close(ish) to 6000 posts, weeeee!

August 30th, 2012, 05:09 AM
yay Amanda, go you!! glad he got off his butt and did stuff!

So happy O is having a good experience with school, so exciting! Our election isn't until November, I kinda can't wait until it's over, tired of political banter already on FB, no one can have a rational discussion about it it seems, everyone thinks their side is the right side when in actuality neither is that stellar if ya ask me

It's Thursday, I woke up with a sore throat, ugh! we decided to go to my parents for the long weekend, there is a small amusement park type of place not far from them and we are going to take the kids on Sunday I think, should be fun and probably super crowded ugh lol.
August 30th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Good morning.

I had a pretty crappy day yesterday. Went home and had a good cry, then snuggled with my baby and today its all good. I'm sick of feeling sick, taking pills, being poor, ect. I think it was seriously the 1st time Levi has seen me cry since he has actually learned what crying is. He kept hugging me and giving me kisses and asking if I wanted ice. lol... he though I had a boo-boo. That little boy is all that matters in my world and I love him to death. He is the reason why we are going through this and we will come out of it and he will have a better life because we struggled for a while!

Today I have a better attitude and I'm ready for a 3 day weekend!

Levi is going camping with my parents, bro's family and sister from Saturday until Monday which means DH and I will be alone for awhile! My BFF is having her annual crab/beer Labor Day party on Sunday and I can't wait. Kegs, beer pong, crabs and friends. It seriously doesn't get much better!

Hope you all have an awesome Thursday!!

August 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
aww a good cry is sometimes needed, Levi such a little cutie!! sounds like you have a fun weekend in store!
August 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally cried today! Aaaaaand I had a freak out in the grocery store and did some public yelling and swearing Looks like i need to find a new grocery store to frequent Rough day, my friends. Rough day. But I will try and take on Amanda's positive attitude.

Serenity now.

August 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I giggled at public yelling and swearing, sorry! lol but we have all been there!! so ummm what set you off into a frenzy of disturbing the peace?
August 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Aww, haha. What happened, Michelle???

August 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, it was just a poop show at the check out. I waited half an hour to check out! On a Thursday morning? I had to leave before I even got a chance to check out because I was going to be late picking little O up. So I screamed that I was leaving all my $ - hit - t there and would never shop there again as I ran out. Go me?

O's principal also called to say he failed his French evaluation and they recommended sending him to another school in a different neighborhood where they have a program for French bobos. I politely declined and they were really understanding but it was still no fun. The school situation here can be a little complicated and frustrating. The plus side is that O seems oblivious to his French deficiency and his having a perfectly pleasant time in Kindergarten. I'll take that.

And I just got news that my brother, my sil and my lovely nephew are coming to visit for a week at the end of September. I CAN't WAIT! I haven't seen them in 2 years and I miss them soooooo much! I love having stuff to look forward to.

August 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, I'm glad you're feeling better about life today. We all have days like that. You guys will get through this tough time and be better, happier, stronger people because of it. Levi is such a sweetheart!

Michelle, sounds like you should be changing grocery stores anyways, even if you hadn't freaked out. Who makes you wait half an hour? That's ridiculous. Write a letter (as my uncle always says).

That's too bad about Oscar flunking his French evaluation. But the teachers and principal must know that kids his age pick up a new language so quickly. He will still do fine. If it helps at all, when I started jk at an all-French school in a tiny French town up north where everyone spoke perfect French, I didn't speak or understand a single word of the language. I survived and now have two bilingual kiddos.
August 31st, 2012, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! Friday! Friday! Friday!

Jennifer, you're absolutely right and I know it but it was still a bummer to hear he failed even though I knew he would. Dh and I were also both Anglos tossed into a French school and were quickly bilingual. Is Leah still really into school this year?

Looks like people have some nice long weekend plans lined up. Not sure what our plan is, no plan, I guess. Relax.

August 31st, 2012, 05:18 AM
Happy Friday! I am sure O will be just fine, I don't know much about being bilingual since I live here in the boring US of A but I am sure he will pick it up quickly and be fine, kids are smart like that! and haha at the yelling in the store, I would of done the same...probably after 15 minutes of waiting, I have very little patience it would seem

Ready for a nice long weekend, lots of work today and I need to pack and then we will be leaving in the morning for my parents. I need some time in the country as do my kids.
August 31st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
School is still going well for Leah. She seems happy and has made a couple of new friends. She's completely worn out at the end of the day, but that will get better in the next few weeks. Last year, she was a bit of a nutcase until almost October from being so exhausted. So far, no real meltdowns, just a few tears. So that's better.

Last night, there was a surprise party for my uncle's 60th birthday. James was the life of the party. He greeted all the people (strangers to him) at the door and "chatted" with everyone. It was hilarious. It brought Leah out of her shell a bit too, because she followed him around and smiled and waved to people. I had no idea he had it in him.

No real exciting plans here. We're staying in town. There is the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival that we will check out, and DH and the kids will camp in the backyard for a couple of nights. Pretty low-key.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search