20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, James the little shmoozer! That's great. And it's great that Leah is making some new pals. Oscar is also zonked from school days but I expected his behaviour to be worse, more meltdowns, etc. So far, so good. We also discovered today that there is a boy in his grade at the end of our street so his mom and I introduced them and now they are bffs. It's great because now he has a buddy on our street who is French (though he does speak some English too) to walk to and from school with and the mom and I can also trade off pick up and drop offs, which will be especially awesome come winter.

The occupational therapist called me this morning and we have an appointment with her next week so that she can show us some games/exercises etc to do at home to get Oscar up to French speed. She was really nice and I'm really happy with how proactive they are. All is right in the world again.

Sorry to bore you all with the trials and tribulations of Oscar's first week at school. It's a super big deal for me!

Have any of you ever been in a hot air balloon? I don't know if my little heart could handle it at this age!

The only real plan I have for the weekend is to make and eat nachos.

August 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww James what a cutie!!!

and it's a big time for you and O, Michelle! talk, talk, talk away! that's why we are here! Glad the OT seemed nice, I am sure he will be all frenchy soon!!! frenchy? is that a word

this has been a long day, ready for 5pm!
August 31st, 2012, 06:27 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I would have ran out of that grocery store too!

Never been in a hot air balloon and pretty sure I would hyperventilate a bit. i don't do good with that kind of stuff anymore for some reason, but I bet it would be pretty cool!

Still sick here- Dallas is improving, but now I caught it all. Might have strep been feeling all woozy and have a massive headache too. I hope it rains all weekend so I don't feel like I missed anything! Happy weekend!
August 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM
sorry you are sick booooo! Hope you feel better soon!

I have been in a hot air balloon that was like tethered to the ground? does that count? either way I wouldn't do it again, heights aren't really my thing haha I did it when I was in high school and much more daring!

It's Friday night! one kiddo in bed, the other soon to follow and hoping to watch a movie maybe. Tomorrow off to my parents for the weekend! Hope you all have a great weekend!!
August 31st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never been, and never will go, in a hot air balloon. The festival is just about watching the dozens of balloons taking off at the same time at dawn and dusk. Plus, there is a carnival and lots of great music.

Hope you're feeling better soon. How is Dahlia feeling? Still healthy?

Have a good weekend with your parents, Kim. And a good weekend to everyone else, too!
September 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Saturday and long weekend, ladyfaces!

It's a perfect, sunny day today here!

Rachel, I hope you get better double quick. Being sick with 2 little ones is a miserable challenge

September 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have been totally MIA the last week. Vacation was a blast! The kids survived the 12 hour (each way) drive. We went to the Six Flags in Northern California, spent some time with my grandparents and then three days relaxing by the beach. We all came back tanner than we left - I fully took advantage of the time to stock up on mu Vitamin D stores.

This weekend we are home, relaxing and getting ready for school to start on Tuesday. I am still freaking out just a little that I will have a freshman in high school. Genna seems ok with it so on the outside I am trying to just go with it, but on the inside I am not so sure about the whole thing.

I read back some and it looks like everyone is doing well. Hope Rachel is feeling better soon! Have a great time at your parents house, Kim. Glad that O is enjoying Kindergarten so far, Michelle - even if his french isn't at the same level as the other kids. Hopefully those games and activities get him on track quickly. Looks like things are going well for Leah too, Jennifer. The beginning of the school year is always an adjustment for everyone. I am expecting at least our fair share of meltdowns and exhausted tantrums in the first few weeks. And glad to see that your DH got his chores done, Amanda. Nothing worse than working all day knowing your DH is home doing nothing.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
September 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hello ladies. Idk if I think I'll ever be able to keep up with this thread again. Back to work +5 kiddos equals a lot of my time, plus just the school year comes up with lots of extra things even without having to be back teaching people Algebra.

September 4th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Tuesday! Like how we just skipped over Monday? We should always do that!

Welcome back, Lisa! Glad the vaca with a success! Did you do the 12 hour drive in 1 day?!

Happy back to school to all the little and big ones going back today! So hard to believe that all our little June bugs will one day be going to high school.

Did you all have a nice long weekend?

September 4th, 2012, 06:17 AM
morning! we had a nice weekend at my parents, went to a little amusement park on Sunday, it rained but still was fun. We came home yesterday and I felt ill all day so I spent most of the day on the couch, I still feel not right ugh. Oh well only a 4 day week so that's good I suppose.
September 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! What kind of ill? Your pics look super fun, Kim. You sure have cute kiddos!

I just logged into my work email and it looks like I have a big back log of work garbage to deal with. Bummer. Oscar has a day off today because of the election (his school isn't even a polling station, why is it closed????) so the kids are presently parked in front of the tv so that I can tackle Mount. Workload. Blah.

September 4th, 2012, 09:06 AM
boo to work! all schools close here too on election day regardless if it's a polling station or not, strange, guess they want to make it fair? I have no idea.

I just felt flu-ish, achy, stomach gurgling, tired. I don't know, I feel somewhat better today I guess and thanks I think my kids are stunning
September 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Definitely boo to work. Work has dragged my husband down to TX for the week. I had to drag both kids (one kicking and screaming) to the bus stop this morning. Usually DH takes Leah to the bus in the morning.

I've never heard of schools closing for elections. Our polling station is at a high school and the kids just don't have gym that day, or else it's outside. Did you get registered to vote, Michelle?

We had a fun weekend. Tried to squeeze as much goodness as possible into the three days. DH gave me most of Saturday to myself to get work done, which was heavenly (I a weirdo that loves my job at the moment). We went to the balloon festival and the kids went on rides and each played a game. We found a game for James where all he has to do is pull 3 ducks out of the water with his hands and he wins a prize. Genius! He was so proud.
September 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bummer about your single mom status, Jennifer. Hope the week flies by for you.

Holly is taking a 3 hour nap, weeeeee!

September 5th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, look at that, it's already Wednesday!

Kind of dark times here today with the election going in a slightly scary direction and then an attempted assassination on the winner leaving an innocent man dead I have a feeling it's going to be icky vibes all over today. So, maybe the kids and I will go for ice cream after their doctor's appointment this aft. A winning plan.

Happy hump day!

September 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Morning, I saw that about your election Michelle, seems like a scary time to be in Quebec I vote ice cream daily for a while! you may need it!

Happy hump day, I feel very anxious today, just uneasy and blah, nothing new I guess. I wish my mole in a jar results would come back, ya all know how anxious I am about such things, ugh to 10th power! In funner news today is Syd's first official day of pre-k, not a huge event since it's at her same school but still a big day and tomorrow she starts gymnastics and she is super excited!
September 5th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go, Syd go!

I don't know how it is that I'm always in the middle of eating my breakfast when I read about your mole in a jar

September 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
sorry lol.... I have nightmares about those **** moles in a jar!
September 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Haha to moles in a jar. Kim I am currently on hold with my Dr. to schedule an appt to up my anxiety meds. I feel you on that!

September 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the well wishes - I am finally feeling better, although I still feel like I could sleep the day away! Dallas is recovered mostly too, but she is sleeping a lot still too - maybe this freak virus makes us want to sleep forever?

We got a new couch last week, which we desperately needed since on our old one you had to have climbing gear to get out of! However, I hate change and last night I cried because I realized how big Dahlia is getting and I just wish she was my little teeny baby forever. How does this relate to the couch? DH used to sleep on it with her... ..... I know, I'm crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search