20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, is it James' leg that's bothering him?

September 6th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And yeah, what happened to Kelly?

September 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess my last post was pretty vague. Yes, it's his leg. He's been hobbling around like an old man (when he's not being carried) and complaining of pain. Poor guy.

I think Kelly is busy enjoying all her free time now that the kids are all in school/preschool. Or else tending to their in-home zoo.

Lisa, it sounds like you go to a lot of funerals. It must be hard, even if it's a client. I've only been to three in my life (so far, knock on wood).
September 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, Oscar went to more funerals in his first year of life than you've been to in your entire life!

Poor little James! I can't remember exactly what the doctor's verdict was about the leg, something not too serious and he will grow out of, yeah? But hobbling around??? That sounds serious to me! Poor little guy and poor you Hope your bus stop buddy can help you guys out.

I imagine just get 4 little ones ready and out to their respective destinations must be a full time job for Kelly so hopefully any downtime she manages to grab is well spent relaxin' au bout.

September 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, the doctor said his knee joint seemed a little loose and it would fix itself. It's not always bad. He seems to always walk a little funny, but normally there's no pain. Just the last few days it's been rough for some reason.

He has decided not to sleep tonight. Maybe he senses DH is on a plane home and wants to wait up. He's been petting my head saying "hello" over and over again for the last half hour. It's nice.

How are you and Holly enjoying your one-on-one time while Oscar is at school?
September 7th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday morning!

Jennifer, is the dr able to estimate around what age things will get better for James' knee? Hope you guys got some sleep last night and are a happy, reunited family.

Holly seems to be enjoying our new little life. Between holidays, elections, dr's appointments and gradual integration we've only actually had 2 proper full days so far, so we're still finding our rhythm. Oscar comes home for lunch (they have a 1hr45minutes for lunch!) so our day is really compartmentalized with all the back and forthing but I kind of dig the rigid structure and she loooooves going to pick Oscar up twice a day.

This morning we're dropping O off and then going to run a bunch of errands. It's nice that it's just Holly and I because we can do them all on foot. If O were there I would take the car to speed things along. I'm looking forward to a morning of walking around in the neighborhood

September 7th, 2012, 05:08 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Friday! hope James got some sleep last night and his knee is feeling better soon! that is nice the O comes home for lunch! enjoy your neighborhood walk this morning!

Gymnastics went really well, Syd ran right in and never looked back, I thought she might be shy since it was all a new scene but nope, in true Sydney awesome fashion she just jumped right in, yapping to all the new little girls and coaches, she can't wait to go back. Sam on the other hand was quite peeved he couldn't participate, he kept running to the door yelling MY TURN!!!!!! it was sad and also cute lol, I think I need to find a mommy and me class for just he and I, he really seems interested in doing an activity of some sort, maybe swimming if I can't find anything else.
September 7th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
"My turn" Soooo cute!!
Yeah, Holly was pretty unimpressed that she wasn't allowed to join in on the field during soccer season. Truth be told, she would probably have been a better player than Oscar!
That's awesome that Syd loved it.

September 7th, 2012, 05:48 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good morning. DH caught ANOTHER mouse and decided to tell me at 2:30 in the morning. Every time I moved, I woke up and thought about it for the rest of the night. What is going on with the mice!!

September 7th, 2012, 05:59 AM
ugh the mice, we seem to have ours under control but I still fear them haha....when we had the mouse issue the exterminator told us that because it was a really mild winter they didn't naturally die off like they normally do in the really cold so there are a lot more than normal this year? I don't know but I am no fan lol
September 7th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Mice, yuck. Whenever I think of mice, I think of back when I lived in residence at university and this one horrible story, but I won't share it. Don't want to freak you out, Amanda.

Sounds like Syd had a great time at gymnastics. Poor Sam, though! Do they offer a toddler and mom class at the same time as Syd's?

Michelle, it sounds like you have a nice day planned. That is a long lunch. Do all the kids go home to eat?
September 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank heavens it's Friday!!!

I don't go to a ton, but DH has a HUGE family with siblings in their early 60's so that accounts for some. At work we also have about 75% of our clients who are elderly folks, all have been clients here for 30 years+, so if something happens to them we go. Now that I have been here this long, I've become attached to some of the older folks too. This one today isn't one that I am attached to, but I have done a lot of extra work for his daughter.

Anyone have anything exciting planned this weekend?? We are going to visit MIL and FIL on Saturday and that's about all. We have a huge mountain of laundry and a very messy house that seems to have accumulated in the first week of school so we will be working to tackle that as well.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
September 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooo, I want to hear the creepy mouse story!

I blew out a tire on the stroller on the furthest point from our house this morning, at the bottom of a big hill. Holy moly, I was sweating pushing that thing home. Phew!

I'm going for a friend's bday dinner this eve. I'm really looking forward to a tasty meal, a drink and some fine company. Otherwise, not much planned. Doing a rain dance so that my volunteer group's garage sale tomorrow gets cancelled and then relaxing most of the weekend, methinks. Either way, I' quitting the volunteer group next week. Mark my words!

September 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
6 more posts....

I just got invited to a wedding tomorrow. lol My BFF doesn't want to go alone so I am going to be her date. I know the couple that is getting married as well so it won't be weird. We are going to the fair tonight. It's like a big thing in my town. Lots of white trash and food. Today is $1 day and Levi is free so we'll walk down and look at all the animals and maybe grab some dinner.

September 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
5 more posts... seriously I think we can just wrap 6000 today.

September 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
it's Friday night! my kids are grumps!! and I am having a beer!!
September 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I will be so joining you in an adult beverage later this evening!!! It's been quite the week.

September 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
almost there ladies!!!......beer #2 and Barney on the TV, last resorts were in order
September 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo! Friday!!!!

I'm enjoying my Dr. Pepper, waiting for DH to finish work so we can watch the last episode of Breaking Bad.

I'm so glad my kids aren't into Barney. The kids on that show are hard to watch.

Michelle, I think your morning "stroll" has earned you a beverage or two tonight as well! Hope you're having fun at your friend's bday party.

Have fun at the wedding tomorrow, Amanda.

We are going to FunHaven tomorrow morning, then Leah has a sleepover with my aunt and uncle. I think they're taking James for a couple of hours before dinner too, so DH and I can have a mini-date. Yay!
September 8th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Guys, you gave up 1 post before 6000!

It is decidedly NOT raining right now and I got an email saying the garage sale is underway. I'm working the afternoon shift I expect the thunder to start before then. Please.

Enjoy your mini date, Jennifer! Hope everyone enjoyed their adult beverages I enjoyed mine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search