20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer! I didn't know you were a Breaking Bad fan?! I am addicted to that show lol, the last episode of the season is always bittersweet because we have to wait another year to see what happens!!! and next season is the last! boooooo anyway what did you think of the last episode?

Happy saturday, going to eat some breakfast and maybe head out to a flea market or something, if we beat the rain.

and wooooo 6000!!
September 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you gotten some of our rain yet? It has been pouring non-stop since last night. Crazy! Good thing we had an indoor activity planned for the morning.

Breaking Bad season finale = awesome! Especially the last scene. I can't wait to see how it ends next year!
September 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The rain hasn't started, it is about to. I'm due at the garage sale in 7 minutes. Guess I'll drive down and see what's going on there. Hopefully they've called it a day, otherwise I'll help them bring stuff in when the rain starts. Boo.

September 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good afternoon! No rain here but it is a gorgeous fall day. Perfect temps for jeans and real shoes! I love it!! We are going to the Corn Festival later for dinner and rides! I want to get my fall decor out but we have to paint the living room first.
September 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Jennifer I loved the last scene too! I have my thoughts on how it will all end guess we will have to wait and see!!

It just started pouring here! looks like a tornado out there, yikes!! good night to snuggle in and watch a family movie I guess.

I got a lot done today, cleaned Sydney's room and closet, scored cheap patio cushions at Lowes, now's the time to buy patio stuff I was so excited at my deal lol

Have fun at the corn festival, that sounds fun! and have fun at the garage sale, that doesn't sound that fun haha
September 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally cozy snuggles and movies weather. The rain didn't start til the sale was over. Oh well. I did my time, it was fine.

I quit watching breaking bad shortly after the 3 rd season started. Maybe because I hated Skylar so much? Anyways, sounds like it gets better so maybe dh and I will start catching up on that. Maybe tonight?

Good job on the patio deals, kim! Good deals are so satisfying. We're planning a redesign of sorts for the kids room and I'm psyched to clear out their closet. Is that weird?

September 8th, 2012, 05:46 PM
not weird at all! I love throwing stuff and donating stuff almost as much as getting a good deal, it makes me feel lighter to clean out closets lol

I am not a fan of Skylar either, I adore Jesse, yes I know he is a druggie meth cook but I am fond of him and Saul, he rocks lol....Walt has gotten very dark as the seasons have passed, at times I feel uncomfortable watching him but I guess that's the allure. There are times I can't decide if I want to root for him to win or hope he gets caught haha

Sam just passed out sitting up on the couch, no nap will do that to ya I guess!
September 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the lack of rain, Michelle. Are you still planning on quitting?

Festivals are fun! Does Dallas enjoy the rides?

Yay for deals! We bought our patio furniture last fall for a fraction of the actual cost.

I love Jesse too. He seems like a good kid. I hate Walt with a passion. Everyone else I'm kind of up and down, depending on the episode. I do really like Mike too...

Speaking of messed up shows, does anyone watch Dexter? That starts again in a couple of weeks.
September 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
yes also a Mike fan! the first couple of seasons I liked Walt, like I felt like what he was doing was understandable in his situation (crazy no doubt but I got it LOL) but there was a turning point for me and that was when he stood there and watched Jesse's girlfriend choke on her own vomit and die, at that moment for me it just started a downward spiral.....clearly lol

I haven't watched Dexter though I have heard it's really good, maybe I will get the DVDs and start from season 1, I need something to watch when Breaking Bad isn't on haha.

Football season starts tomorrow!!!! woot! guess that isn't really a big deal in Canada but here in Philadelphia it is a huge thing, football Sundays! beer, snacks, friends and the Eagles!!
September 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Sunday! Happy Football day! I'm jealous of the food part pf American football culture, the game itself not so much. Dh wants to start getting into watching Canadian football with Oscar (he has high school football aspirations for the boy...) and I can support the idea as long as it involves nachos and beer.

We watched the first 2 seasons of Dexter shortly after Oscar was born and then kind of stopped watching it. Maybe we'll get back into that too. Summer is coming to an end, time to start watching more tv

We invited ourselves over to our friend's place last night and hung out and played games. It was fun, I'm glad dh suggested it despite the fact that I just wanted to veg out in my pjs. Holly Stayed up until midnight so I have a feeling she's going to be a bit of a beast today...

Jennifer, I swore I was going to quit after the garage sale but now I feel less like quitting. I really should though. I just don't have enough time to really be a great volunteer for them, but I really like some of the ladies...tough call.

Hope you all have a super duper fantastic day!

September 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Happy Sunday! we have already been to Walmart this morning and I have changed all the sheets on the beds, productive ha!

MIL is taking Sydney and my niece out for lunch and a girls afternoon. DH, BIL and DHs best friend are coming over to watch the game and in true Kim fashion I will be the only lady here watching the game. I am making nachos and ordering wings woot!

I love game nights Michelle! we still do them about once a month or so, so fun!
September 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! Happy Monday?

How did Sydney enjoy her girls afternoon, Kim? How did you enjoy the chicken wings?

Everyone have a nice weekend? Anyone have any big exciting plans for the week? Yesterday was a bit of a flop for us. Dh had a list of things to do around the house and pretty much everything on the list turned into a disaster. Just one of those days. Playgroups here start again tomorrow so that will be nice for Holly and I. I'm kind of over the whole playgroup scene but it's something to do and it tires the little monster out. It's also right beside O's school, so a convenient morning activity.

You know what else I'm over? Cool fall weather. It has just started but you know what? I would way rather have warm feet. Socks? Slippers? F that.

September 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM
morning! Syd had a fun afternoon with "mom mom" and her cousin! Chicken wings were delish!

I am liking the fall weather, I actually put a sweatshirt on this morning! Fall weather I love it's winter that I am not so much a fan of!
September 10th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love a good cozy sweater, but I think I love flip flops more.

Poor O was fighting tears at drop off today. Bless his little heart for fighting them

September 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
poor O, makes for a sad mommy too when that happens. I hope he has a great day!! what a trooper!
September 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So thanks to you guys dh and I are getting back into breaking bad and dexter. who doesn't need a little more tv in their life, right?

September 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor Oscar. I hope it gets better for him.

Leah got hit both Thursday (in the nose) and Friday (on the leg) by one of the boys in her class. The teacher explained he has special needs, but Leah woke up this morning wondering how he would hurt her again today. I wrote a note to the teacher, hoping she just keeps her eye out a little, since there's basically nothing I can do.

I am loving the weather too. Tomorrow, it's going back up to summer temperatures, but today gives me hope.

I brought James to the library this morning. He always manages to find another toddler to hang out with. This was his conversation with another 2-year-old boy this morning:
J - Book (showing the boy a book)
Boy - book (pointing to the book)
J - Book (showing the boy another book)
Boy - book (pointing to the book).
etc. This went on for about ten minutes. I love that he's so social!

Dexter is way more likeable than Walt, which makes it easier to watch than Breaking Bad. I don't feel angry while watching it.

In case anyone is bored tonight, the finale of Bachelor Pad is on. We're babysitting our friends' two kids for the evening while they watch the Madonna concert, so we have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.
September 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
What's everyone making for dinner tonight? I am soooo out of dinner ideas.

September 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, but Rita. So annoying! We're only on season 3 so hopefully Dexter murders her or something. Why are there so many lame female roles out there?

Sounds like James had a pretty heavy convo at the library! Ah, to be a two year old.

Lunch time drop off went much better. No tears. But while they line up outside and then head in he does this endless "Maman! Au revoir Maman!" (Mommy! Goodbye Mommy!) where he just says it over and over and over really kind of desperately for like 3 minutes. I need to film it. All the other parents kind of giggle about it. Hopefully the other kids are oblivious to it.

I'm out of ideas too! I was thinking maybe enchiladas verde but that means I need to go to the store for some stuff...

September 11th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Tuesday!

Amanda, what did you end up making for dinner last night? We had fajitas. The kids weren't thrilled

A mom from O's school has invited me to come hang out with her little sahm group this morning. Eep. New moms. Could be fun or awful but mostly like not very exciting. Weeee!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search