20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just read what I wrote before, that was supposed to say "hope O ISN'T a jerk today" haha

yes busy weekend with food, drinks and friends (new and old) I was kinda nervous about the new neighbor thing but I decided who cares!? either we like them and it goes well or we don't and we never have to do this again, either way it will be ok, after all they said they have beer, so how bad could it be Now let's just hope my kids aren't jerks while we are there, I can deal with not liking them but not if my kids are jerks, it's totally fine if their kids are jerks but mine?? I hope they behave themselves lol
September 14th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
O's first job! It's about time he start contributing! I love lemonade stands. I hope he has fun.

Good luck Kim. As long as your kids aren't jerks and you drink lots of beer, everything will be fine.

Michelle, all that stuff is still there, but we've never walked around them. I always just take them inside. There's a steam train ride that runs a few times during the summer. We didn't get around to it this time, but I'll take them on that next summer.

James and I spent the morning at the mall, riding the escalators. About as close to a perfect morning as you can get for a two year old.
September 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol, Kim. I knew what you mean Hopefully your neighbors aren't jerks either. Jerks with a few beers in them are the worst!

Jennifer, you should totally picnic on the grounds and let James clamber all over the rocks at the base of the lighthouse, etc. So much fun! Or, at least in my 8 year old self's memory. Escalators are pretty fun to though

September 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FRIDAY!!!!!!

I bought beer. I bought ice cream. I swore to myself that I had to work out after the kids went to bed before I could enjoy either of them. Maybe the toughest part of my week? Think the kids would notice if I put them to bed 2 hours early?

September 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM
ha I say do it! enjoy the beer and ice cream!!!
September 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They might not notice if you put them down early, but you would notice when they woke you up early tomorrow morning. Good luck with your workout. I would just skip it and enjoy the ice cream.

Leah got scratched by a boy in her class today. She said (and teacher confirmed in agenda) that a girl told the boy to scratch her so he did. This is the third time so far this year she's gotten hurt by someone in the class. It's not clear if she's getting singled out or if everyone is getting a bit of it. I'm looking forward to speaking with the teacher next Tuesday at the Info Night. So heartbreaking, finding out she was hurt and crying and we couldn't be there to comfort her.

On that note, woohoo it's the weekend!!!
September 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, poor Leah What the heck? Is it always the same kid? That must be so hard for all of you guys. Does she get nervous about going to school because of this crap? The mystery of what goes on behind the school walls is certainly one of the biggest adjustments for us. So weird that there is this whole other world of theirs that we know so little about and have such little control over. I know it's a part of growing up and all but you know, they're just in kindergarten!!

Work out complete, treats consumed, thunder storm in progress. All is well here.

September 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
poor Leah I know in Syd's class there is one girl and one boy who seem to be constantly doing not so nice things, it's sad, makes you wonder why? ugh hope the teacher can shed some light on it for you guys!

it's Saturday, "date" day....wish me luck, I am gonna have a beer before we go to lighten my anxiety LOL
September 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck on your hot neighbor date, Kim.

Lemonade stand pulled in 5$ which the kids split three ways. I don't think Oscar lifted a finger in the selling/pouring department but they all got along and he wasn't a jerk so I call that a success. I also scored a brand new balance bike, beautiful dress and 2 pairs of sweet shoes for Holly for a grand total of $15! Weee!

September 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
wheeeee...our date went well, it may be premature but I think they may be our couple soul mates and now it is 7:54pm and I have a marvelous buzz....looking for a party?? no one to be found
September 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good first date! Did you find anyone to enjoy the buzz with?

Michelle, sounds like a good deal for Oscar. Hanging out with his new friends and getting paid for it.
September 17th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Monday!

Everyone have a lovely weekend? Glad the date went well, Kim. Did your kids get on well with theirs? Hehe, couple soul mates!

We had a perfectly satisfactory weekend. I got to go out on Saturday night to a film festival some friends of ours organize every year and it was a lot of fun and a huge success so that was good. And the kids were super stars of pleasant and loveliness all weekend. What luck!

Now on to caca Monday. It's a busy week. We have an appointment this afternoon with a financial adviser and I hate hate hate that stuff. Necessary, responsible adult stuff but I hate seeing it all laid out before my eyes. I prefer the head in the sand approach to finances. Totally reasonable, right? I'd rather get 10 moles sliced into jars I haven't even bothered finding someone to watch the kids, I've been avoiding it so much. Better get on it.

Anything big this week for anyone? We also have Oscar's birthday this Friday. He's pretty excited!

September 17th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Happy Monday! the kids all got along well too, no jerkiness from any of them haha

boo to financial planning, my DH is a financial planner so I never really have to think about that stuff he does it for me, I prefer it that way.

No big plans for the week, just working and the normal. The weather has been lovely lately, makes me not want to work and just sit outside lol
September 17th, 2012, 07:34 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good morning friends!

We had a nice weekend. We went to the river on Saturday w/my parents and bro's family. It was really nice. Perfect temperature for a nice long boat ride. We even played in the water.

Then DH and I were hanging out drunk Saturday evening and we saw a mouse run across the kitchen sink!! We didn't have any traps so we made our own. It was hilarious at the time lol. Sunday we deep cleaned the downstairs. Set traps, woke up this morning and the trap wasn't snapped but the peanut butter was gone!! EFFERR

September 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I just used the word "nice" 3 times in one little paragraph. My bad.

September 17th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice is nice!

September 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I have shooting pains through my nips. FYI

September 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What are you planning for O's bday party? Is he having friends over?

I got a filling replaced this morning. That was fun. And I get to go back again the next two Mondays to replace my other two fillings. Double fun.

I just had a call with Leah's teacher about the three incidents at school. She talked non-stop. I had to talk over her to get anything in. But she reassured me that Leah isn't being targeted or anything, she just had the bad luck of getting hurt 3 times, but she's not the only one who's been hurt. I guess that's a good thing.

Amanda, sounds like you had a nice weekend.
September 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Glad Leah isn't being targeted. I hope things get better. 3 times seems excessive.

I got a newsletter from Levi's daycare this morning. It announces all of the new kids.

Here is the list:
Elannie
Jaz'Mya
Jai'Yana
Lamiah
i'Zirr
Quinten
Alfredo

Hahaha.

September 17th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy

If I ever have another kid I'm going to be super counter cultural and name him, like...John. Or Dave. Steve. Jane. Anne. Something CRAZY like that.

Survived financial reality. Am even better off now that I've done it. So boring and stressful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search