20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oops, I had the kids' bed for sale on craigslist and someone just bought it and is picking it up tonight. Don't think we'll be getting the replacement bed until the end of the week...hurray for camp outs on the floor???

September 18th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning. It's Tuesday. Meh.

Floor campout was a big success. Which is good because they have a few more nights of it ahead of them.

I saw a post from my uncle on facebook this morning saying my grandma had a stroke yesterday I'm trying to reach my mom to find out what is going on. Ugh. F you, facebook.

I'm so not feeling today. Hope you all had a brighter start to the day!

September 18th, 2012, 05:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for floor campouts! sorry to hear about your grandma, FB is a blessing and a curse for sure :/ I hope she is doing ok!

today I go to get more of my mole cut out, oh happy day! and the kids have ENT appointments to check their tubes, DH is taking them....alone.....not sure how that will go, not likely too great I imagine.

it's rainy and dreary out, kinda fits my mood.
September 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/09/...e-you-cry?lite

Has anyone seen this? If not, watch it. It's so cute.

September 18th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I just watched and cried....thanks Amanda

mole is now further dug out, please for the love let this have gotten it all out, my poor arm!
September 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah, come on Amanda, making me all teary!

So my grandmother had a stroke on Sunday morning and I found out via facebook Tuesday morning. Thanks, Mom Anyhow, she's doing well and already regaining much of her mobility. She's a little tank, that lady.

Sure is raining and dreary out there. Blah.

Hope you can keep the rest of your moles from now on. Kim!

September 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, why did you sell their bed? Do they share a bed? Floor camp-outs are great! In fact, Leah prefers sleeping on the floor.

Kim, fingers crossed your moles will now be left alone. At least you got out of taking the kids to their appointment.

Amanda, how amazing! I remember when Leah lost her favourite teddy. She was devastated! Fortunately, we had a replacement one and were able to give it to her a couple of days later and convinced her the bear had gone to the spa (to explain why it looked brand new). I don't know what I'll do if she loses this one. I can't find them anywhere anymore.

James and I had his first "sports for toddlers" class this morning. He loved it. He smiled the entire time and actually did all the activities. He held my hand a couple of times, but it was a million times better than our classes last year when he wanted me to hold him and carry him around everywhere.
September 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
yay James! I think Sam would enjoy something like that too! I want to look into it!

kids ENT appointments went well, tubes remain intact and they can both hear well! so now I know for sure when they ignore me it's because of selective hearing
September 18th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, Kim! Glad it went well

Sports for toddlers sounds like fun. I think Holly would do well at that too. What a difference a year makes for little James, eh?

The kids had this bunk/loft bed type thing (one on top, one on bottom, they didn't share a bed!) with a built in desk and drawers. It was pretty big and bulky and we want to get them something a little more streamlined that makes the room feel a little less cramped. Turns out my bil has the perfect bunk bed for us that he's looking to unload, so it works out well, it's just that we can't go and get it until Thursday.

September 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your Grandma, Michelle. But it's great news that she is recovering. Does she live close enough that you can go visit?
September 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Grandma is in Edmonton, so no visits without plane tickets I went out and saw her in 2009 and really don't know if/when I'll be back.

I'm about to go watch the first episode of the new season of Downton Abbey. I don't know if you guys watch Downton but I sure do love if more than many things. Throw in some pjs and ice cream, oh mama, things are looking up!

September 19th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning. Is it Wednesday?

September 19th, 2012, 05:13 AM
wishing your grandma well Michelle!...it is Wed, that's about all I got right now!
September 19th, 2012, 08:33 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Mornin'. We have spent the week trying to catch another mouse. I am pissed that the traps I bought don't work. Not one of the 4 have snapped and the d@mn mouse ate peanut butter off of every single one!!!

I want my money back!

September 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, try spreading peanut butter all over the trap. Maybe he'll stick around longer and get snapped.

James and I had another class this morning. The kids basically just run around and play with balls and ride-on cars and slides and stuff and there's a little circle time at the end. James loved it up until the point he slipped on a ball and smacked his head on the gym floor. He cried the rest of the class and has a huge bump on his head. Hopefully he doesn't hold a grudge and enjoys the class again next week.

There was a meeting at Leah's school last night and the mom whose son scratched Leah on Friday introduced herself to us and we got to talk a bit. She was really sweet and apologetic and it sounds like her son is normally a really good boy. It was nice of her to seek us out and talk to us.

Have a good day everybody!
September 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it's good to know the kid's parents aren't jerks. Hopefully things will settle down and Leah will get to go to school without injury! There is a little boy named James who frequents our playgroups who is the same age as our junebugs and I often think of your James and in my mind they are the same little guy! "our" James just broke is foot and is so cute hobbling around with his little cast, looks like a little peg legged pirate Hope James' noggin is ok!

Holly was a really unpleasant character today. Fighting and crying about everything. I hope she wakes up on the right side of the bed tomorrow, another day like today would not be fun.

September 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
glad you talked to he parents Jennifer! and boo to bumped heads! and hope you catch your mouse Amanda!

there was a little guy in Sam's class that broke his foot recently, adorable little blue cast he had, he didn't miss a beat with it, running all over lol

Sam was also in rare form tonight, very unlike him, everything made him freak and throw a fit, I hope he isn't getting the sickies boooooooo! Hopefully Holly and Sam both wake up happier tomorrow!
September 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor little guys with broken feet! I'm sure it is cute to see, but all I can picture is the moment the foot breaks and how horrible it must be for them and their parents. Do they have signatures all over the cast?

I love the name James. I'm glad we're not the only ones. I'm actually starting to see more traditional names now. We met a Thomas and a Johnny this week. I don't know why, but it makes me happy.

James must have sent his bad mood over to Holly and Sam. He's been in an exceptionally good mood today. We're always shocked when he goes more than an hour without a meltdown of some sort, and today he only had two total. Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow for you guys.
September 20th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Thursday! It's kind of a Friday for me because tomorrow is Oscar's birthday so I get to just sit and eat cake all day, right? Busy day today, mucho running around to get the kid's room in order and such. Should be fun
though, as long as Holly cooperates...

I love the name James too. It would have been on our list if some good friends of ours didn't already have a little James. Tom too. Love Tom. Plus it's nice and short, which I find is a great quality for a little boy's name, seeing as how you'll probably have to yell it 500 times a day

Here's hoping all our little junebugs are bundles of sunshine and joy today. And that the pesky mice have left Amanda's house!

September 20th, 2012, 05:00 AM
James and Thomas are also 2 of my favorite names, James was my grandfathers name, I would have loved to use it but DH wasn't on board with it. My great grandfathers name was Oscar!! I def like traditional boys names, clearly since I picked Samuel aka Sam!

Sam seemed fine this morning, his happy self, maybe he was just overtired yesterday or something, I don't know? Hope Holly cooperates today and Happy almost birthday to O!!

as for the little guy and the cast, yep he had it all signed, even Sam "signed" it LOL, I was amazed how little it effected him as far as running and playing but I am sure the moment when it happened wasn't pretty, boys! I can see Sam in a little cast at some point, he is a daredevil, let's hope not anytime soon!

It's Thursday, gymnastics day, tomorrow is Friday! woop!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search