20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good..afternoon?

We finally caught the mouse! I heard the trap snap lastnight while I was downstairs alone. Scared the crap out of me. (We had to buy new traps BTW)

I'm so happy it's Thursday. This week has been badddd. My bank account is negative $60 and I don't have the money to put in it. I am also being charged $74 in overdraft fees when my paycheck gets deposited tomorrow. Can I catch a break? This money stuff is SO stressful. Right now is the worst it's ever been in my entire life. I haven't let my acct go negative since DH started working part time but this week I didn't have a choice. It's really scary.

I'm glad everyone else seems to be doing ok. I miss Kelly and Lisa though. Where are they??

September 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, our little James in a cast was tearing around the place, even using the rubber part on the bottom as a kind of pivot to maximize mobility! Don't know if his was signed, it was covered in a big wool sock.

I feel like a super hero today, I went to home depot this morning (including selecting paint and all that it entails), the grocery store for a big shop and Costco all with a 2 year old in tow and managed to get it done and have the groceries put away before going to pick up Oscar for lunch. Where do I go claim my mom of the year prize

More running around this afternoon but for now I break for lunch, and to do a bit of work that actually pays.

Is Sydney still loving gymnastics?

September 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for catching the mouse! yay for mom of the year! that is a lot of stuff in a short time! go you!

Syd is still very much loving gymnastics! she talks about it all the time, does cartwheels all over the house and has even recruited a friend from pre k to join her in her class haha, I am sure her parents are thrilled by my childs peer pressure
September 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I'm sorry it's so rough right now, Amanda. How is DH's new pt job going? You guys will make it out of this soon enough. Keep up the great work!!

Good job, Super Mom! What colour are you painting their room?

Here's a short excerpt from a convo I never expected to have with Leah:
Leah - How old will I be when I stop pooping?
Me - What?
Leah - Daddy says I won't poop when I'm older.
Me - Um.... what?
Leah - Daddy says you don't poop, so I will not poop when I'm older too.

I knew DH liked to live in denial about it, but I didn't think he seriously believed it. I guess it's time I sit him down for an uncomfortable conversation about my poop.
September 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, that's too funny! Maybe you should leave your dh a little present in his shoe or on his pillow?

Amanda...ugh. I feel ya. Wish I had more to give you (a briefcase full of cash???) but all I can say is I feel ya. And it's going to be ok but holy moly, it's no fun.

I've never done a cartwheel in my life. Maybe Sydney can come teach me?

September 20th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hahah Jennifer. I needed a good laugh. My last exbf always said girls don't poop. DH had to get used to it quick with intestines like mine lol. We are so open about it. "Babe, pull over I hafta *****" "OMG how far am I from the bathroom? I have to run!!" "No we can't leave yet, I can't get out of the bathroom"

A briefcase full of cash would be awesome. I entered to name the new Lays chip and win a million dollars so keep your fingers crossed lol. My entry was Chilidog flavored chips.

Michelle, you've never done a cartwheel? I don't think you would want to try now. I know if I tried now, I'd pull all the muscles in the vicinity of my thigh area.

September 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
haha Jennifer!! so funny! my DH and I are so not shy about pooping lol

I am sorry Amanda, money woes are no good, fingers crossed you win the million!

not to toot my own horn but I can still do a cartwheel and if I am feeling slightly buzzed and friskey I can still do a back handspring but the mood must be right for me to even attempt such craziness at my age haha...I was in gymnastics for a good bit of my youth and teenage years, it's a rough sport on a tiny body, I hope Sydney doesn't get to "into" it, for now it's a fun thing for her to do but it really is a tough sport to sustain for a multitude of reasons.
September 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I think I've come to terms with the fact that at this point in my life, I will probably never do a cartwheel. I leave those shenanigans to Kim.

September 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM
yes I am good at shenanigans

this work day is nutty, I feel like I am being "punked"
September 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with your Chilidog chips, Amanda. If it's something that requires voting, let us know. I will gladly vote for you to win a million dollars.

I used to do a pretty decent fake cartwheel as a kid. I imagine my parents thought I was ridiculous when I would proudly show off my cartwheels, lifting my feet about a foot off the ground. Leah has now mastered my fake cartwheels too. I'm hoping she learns the real thing at some point though.
September 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would most definitely eat chillidog chips. Sounds good to me

Dh has gone off on a furniture retrieving mission with a friend of ours. The plan is to get the kids room together tonight while they sleep (tonight, they camp out in the living room. Adventure!). It's 9:30 and he's not back yet. I have a feeling it might be a late night. Blah.

September 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

My baby boy is 5 years old today! 4 was pretty great, I look forward to all the great things 5 will bring.

Happy Friday!!!!!

September 21st, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday, Oscar! I think 5 is a pretty big deal. It's a full hand of fingers.

How did the bedroom redo go last night?
September 21st, 2012, 06:45 AM
Happy Birthday Oscar!!!!! and happy Friday!!

Did you get the room together last night?
September 21st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning! Happy Birthday Oscar!! How does it feel to have a 5 year old Michelle?

Well, guess what......DH got home last night and there was ANOTHER mouse dead in a trap. TWO mice in TWO days!!! I might have a heart attack. I swear to you that we don't live in filth! I have no clue what is going on. We even lined the baseboards with steel wool. I am so irritated at these darn things! I'm gonna start charging rent lol.

September 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
ha we killed like 4 during our mouse issue, our house is pretty freaking clean so that is def not it lol, the exterminator told us because of unusually warm weather last winter they are over populated this year, he said a lot of people were having mouse in the house problems, ours seem to be gone now but they will be back, we live in an old house and there is no way to find and seal up all the holes in the basement so I live in fear of a mouse running over my foot haha

it is going to be a really long dayyyyyyyyyy
September 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah, our house is from the 1920s so it's the same thing. I am just freaked out.

Levi has been reading his favorite Sesame Street book in his bed before he goes to sleep at night. It's a cute little book with a "CD" player type thing that plays nursery rhymes that go along with the pictures. Well last night I heard a bang so I went into check on him and he tore the entire book apart! I was so pissed. He got spanked, his movie turned off and darkness. I felt bad at how upset he got but I want to teach him a lesson. Is that enough punishment for a 2 year old? I mean, he loves the book, I have no idea why he would just rip it to pieces.

September 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I remember Oscar destroying so many things at that age. I think they just don't understand the permanence of ripping or breaking something and they are "discovering" what happens when you do things to things...

The bedroom is so not done. It's making me crazy. Like everything we do, it turned out all complicated Our house is totally upside down right now and we are expecting family somewhere around 4 or 5 pm? Good times. I'm going to go ice and decorate Oscar cake and pretend it will all take care of itself.

Amanda, I hope those mice were your last!

September 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thought of you last night Amanda, as my brother told us of his own mouse woes. My mom says to borrow a Siamese cat for a couple of days and you'll be good to go.

Survived the birthday. The bed room? Still not done. But we had a nice time and O was a happy as he could possibly be so what more could I want? Today, we finish the flipping room! The kids are also registered for some sort of even at the library involving live animals. Should be fun?

Happy Saturday!

September 22nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
Happy Saturday! I agree with Michelle, Amanda. this is a tough age, sometime they do things that make zero sense! but they are just figuring it all out I guess. Hope you are done with the mice!

Glad O had a nice birthday!!....my parents are coming this morning for the weekend, I may or may not start painting our family room, a project I want done but at the same time dread starting lol. I think I am going to make chili for dinner. I am full of randomness today! Have a great Saturday girls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search