20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Sorry about the craptasticness of yesterday, Amanda Hope things are looking up a bit today.

James is such a little character! Certainly, no one could ever accuse him of being boring

I'm 99% sure I have an ear infection. I need to go to the clinic but really, really don't want to. Aren't I too old for an ear infection?? Blah. Any chance it will just clear up on its own by, like, the end of the day?

October 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
boo that stinks! I think you can get them at any age? I used to get them all. the. time when I was a kid but not lately (knocking wood!) I have heard Garlic Oil can help, something about antiseptic qualities? put a few drops in the ear and see what happens?? never tried it but know some who swear by it.
October 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sucks, Michelle. I would probably try what Kim suggested, just to possibly avoid having to go to a clinic with the kids. But if it doesn't help, go get checked. Better to catch it early!

This morning, James wore pjs to class (don't ask). Not the type that could possibly pass as loungy clothes either. A button up fleece shirt with dinosaurs all over it and matching pants. And nobody said anything! Either they didn't notice (not likely) or they thought I was a crazy lady that dresses her kid in pyjamas to go out and they didn't want to offend me. I thought I'd at least get a little understanding nod or something.

Maybe I'm the crazy lady and don't know it...

Are you ladies getting dressed up for Halloween? Are the kids costumes all organized?
October 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally beyond garlic oil, methinks. Dh stayed home with holly and i went to the clinic. The doctor asked me why I waited so long before having it looked at I didn't know!!! Anyway, my left ear is all swollen shut and hurts like heck!!! Come antibiotics, work your magic!!

I don't judge the mom with the kid in pajamas, it's the kids who are crazy, not the mom!!!

October 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
that really stinks! hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon!!!

my kids have totally gone out in public in jammies, some days the battle just is not worth it lol, and yes if you were the jammies that might be an issue haha

I might dress up? I have a witch costume and Syd wants me too but I don't know, she is gonna be Belle and Sam Elmo however Sam refuses to even try the costume on so he might just go as "Sam"this year haha, also not worth the battle!
October 11th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holly wants to be a gorilla. I'm presently brainstorming options. Oscar changes his mind daily but I've already decided he will be a ninja. I doubt I'll dress up. We'll see. I often get really, really into halloween at the last possible minute and come up with something.

Will you dress up, Jennifer?

October 11th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are the antibiotics helping yet? At least you got in before your ear drum burst and started bleeding.

Leah is going as Jasmine (if her costume shows up in the mail in time). She decided during the summer and hasn't wavered. James is like Sam, doesn't want to try any costumes on... *cough* except princess dresses *cough*... so not sure what to do for him. Maybe he will also just be "James". I could probably get him to dress up in a suit and he could be a groom.

I don't wear costumes. I'm a big party pooper when it comes to that.
October 12th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! The great news is it's Friday! Huzzah!

My ear is less painful but still shut. Can't hear anything from that side and I feel all wonky and off because of it. I assumed I'd be all better today...Holly spent the whole day inside, watching movies yesterday so I feel like she really needs to get out and do something today but I also feel like I need to lay low. Dilemma.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

October 12th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I think another day of lounging and watching movies will be ok for Miss Holly, mama needs her rest right now, she will be no worse for the wear! Feel better soon, it's a miserable feeling when your ear is closed up and you can't hear, ugh! DH is complaining of the same, he has a cold and his ears are blocked up, he is acting as if death is imminent, can you say "man cold"?

It's Friday, I have a ton to do today work and house wise. My parents are visiting for the weekend, no big plans just hanging around, I feel like baking something, most be the fall weather! Both my kids were up super early today, ugh, 3rd cup of coffee is about to be brewed *yawn*
October 12th, 2012, 08:08 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Good morning friends! I still get ear infections. I had one this past spring. They suck! I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

Levi is going to be a dinosaur. I bought the costume off a local yardsale FB page. Used, cheap and cute! Just the way I like it.

I need some advice - I've told you guys that my little sister is a lesbian right? She told me back in April. And I told my parents because she wanted me to. She was still scared to come face to face with them and say it. Sooo...
Yesterday was "National Coming out Day" I was hanging out with my sister and my BFF and were trying to convince her that it was a good time. She can't avoid it forever. Perfect day right? She FINALLY got the courage to call my Mom. My Mom said she already knew, wanted to know why she waited so long to say anything, blah blah blah. Not really a reaction my sister was looking for. My mom told her said had to call our Dad and brother. She called our brother. He said we (him and his family) still love you, we support you know matter what, it doesn't change anything in our eyes. She was so happy to hear that from him. So she got the courage to call our Dad. (I thought he would have been most understanding out of the 3 people she called) He went cold. It was the most awkward silence. She asked if he wanted to say anything and all he said was "I don't have anything to say" Not an "I love you" or anything. I love my Dad but I never expected him to act like that. I feel so hurt for her. I pushed because I truly believe it's not a big and I want her to be happy and live a normal life. I asked if she was okay and she said "No, I waited so long to tell him because my worst fear was getting a reaction exactly like that"

So what should I do? Keep my nose in it and stick up for my sister and talk to my Dad. He should know how hurt she is. Or do I stay out of it all together and let them work it out. I feel so bad that I pushed her into doing it. I honestly did not think he would react like that at all.

October 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
that's tough Amanda...honestly I would talk to my dad because it wouldn't sit well with me the way he is acting, maybe he just needs time for it to soak in? I don't know but I am pretty sure I couldn't keep my big mouth shut in that situation. Hugs to your sister, that must have been like a smack in the face :/ Hopefully he comes around.
October 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was so brave of your sister! It takes a lot of courage and it's great that your mom and brother were as supportive as you. I think you should talk to your dad. Maybe he just needs time for it to sink in, like Kim said. Hopefully that's the case. But even if it isn't, talking to him would show your sister that you truly are there for her.

Michelle, I hope you're resting again today.

Kim, what are you going to bake? Have a good weekend with your parents. How is your mom feeling?
October 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe talk to your mom, see if she has some insight on your dad's reaction? maybe he was just taken aback. Some people don't do well when put on the spot. I'm sorry the reaction did go as hoped Your poor sister.

October 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hey!

Well I'm not sure what happened with my sister. She went away for the weekend. I did talk to my parents. They said they were disappointed she didn't tell them in person. I feel like it's a really hard thing to do and she did what she felt most comfortable with so hopefully things smooth out.

DH is working a full week this week!! I'm so excited for a real check finally. I can't wait to start getting caught up with everything.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and that this week goes fast!!

October 16th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

As disappointing as it is that your parents reacted the way they did, at least it was more a case of bruised ego instead of inacceptance or something. Hope things smooth over quickly. Glad your income situation is picking up a bit. Living hand to mouth is a mo fo for sure.

Today I set my alarm to wake before the kids so that I could run on the treadmill. It SUCKED!! but now it's done, I'm showered and ready to go and hopefully it will be the hardest thing I'll have to do today. I was hoping it would be a pleasure and that I could make a habit of it but I think I may prefer working out after they go to bed. Fascinating stuff!

Am I the only one who has been thinking a lot about Christmas?

October 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Morning...sorry I have scarce, work is just crazy lately wahhhhhhhh

I already got most of the kids Christmas gifts I bought everything on Columbus Day during a good sale, I feel glad that it's done! I always shop early though, Christmas shopping at actual Christmas time cause me great anxiety and we all know I don't need anymore of that LOL
October 17th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

My kids are still asleep....weird...

October 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are the awake yet? Did you decide to do the treadmill while they slept in?

Leah has been having nightmares the last few nights and I end up in bed with her. It's been working out alright, but last night, she was pretty wired. She kept poking me and sticking her teddy in my face. I've decided to send DH tonight.

Amanda, great news about your DH's full week of work!

Kim, I'm in awe. Already done most of the Christmas shopping? Leah is still trying to decide what she wants. If I were to shop now, it would probably be all wrong by Christmas. What are you getting them?

We have a few costumes for James now. He needed dress-up clothes, so I decided to get a couple. We got a Prince outfit and a Buzz Lightyear (he's newly obsessed). He starts crying whenever we pull out the prince costume, but he's tried the Buzz on a couple of times for a few minutes. A friend also lent us their old frog costume, that he tried on once. We'll see if he is willing to put any of them on when the time comes.
October 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM
aww poor Leah, I usually end up in bed with Sydney at least 2 times per week for one reason or another, I have made peace with it lol

I always shop early....Syd is very much into Barbie this year so her list has a lot of Barbie stuff, I really am not a Barbie fan but she so loves her and plays Barbies all. the. time! soooooo her big gift is the Barbie Camper, it is all she wants, begging for the dumb thing lol and Sam is getting a Geotrax train as his big gift and then both of them just got lots of other smaller things, I overspend every year, I have issues but I am done so at least I have that lol
October 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey! Levi is sick. He got sent home from daycare with a fever of 102.5 and then He threw up in his car seat and choked on it. Gave me a heart attack!!

I'm thinking I have to take tomorrow off now with no pay. Of course DH works part time for 6 freaking months and the week he goes back full time, Levi get sick.

I haven't even thought about xmas. I'm still trying to hold on to the last memories of summer!! Plus I can't afford to shop yet so I don't have a choice. Lucky you though Kim. I'd love to have it all done.

I also end up sleeping with Levi a few times a week. He'll lay down fine and about 9 he'll start yelling "Mommy Bed!!" Sometimes I let him go...but sometimes I just want to lay with my baby lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search