20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Glad Levi's better

I hear you on the commuting, Kim. I'm so freaking thankful that I don't have to spend hours of my day driving from point a to b. to working from home! Hope your computer smartens up for you.

Jennifer, where was the field trip to? O has one on Thursday to a museum. I wasn't selected to come. Dis!

Going to go hunt for some Halloween costume stuff today and possibly start Christmas shopping? Possibly.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH

October 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy

October 23rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
October 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I have a minor dilemma. I've been asked to consider becoming the Monday to Friday babysitter for a friend's baby. It would be from January to July-ish, the baby will be about 6 months in January. I don't know if I want to! The money would be nice but taking care of a baby...I don't know! I feel like I've finally really hit my stride with being a sahm and am really enjoying it and come the fall I'll be back at school full time so it will all be over. Do I savour the last few months of it or suck it up and take on the extra work? Please advise!!

October 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
tough call....I would say unless you really "need" the money....pass on it. Enjoy your time at home with the kiddos while you have it. I mean I know extra money is always a good thing but taking on a babysitting gig is a big endeavor and if you aren't really feeling it I would just pass on it and enjoy being a SAHM for now. Tough call I am sure!
October 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

I agree with Kim. If you don't really need the money, pass. I did the home daycare thing while Leah was little (18 months - 4.5 years) and it was a big challenge and took away from my enjoyment of that time with Leah. There were good times, but also tough, unpleasant times. I really appreciate my time alone with James now, and the freedom of us being able to go out and do whatever we want.

For Leah's field trip, we went to Saunders Farm. It's a farm with huge mazes, some impressive play structures, and other stuff.

That's sad that they passed on your offer to volunteer. I can't imagine Leah's school doing that. They will take all the help they can get. There must have been a lot of moms wanting to help out for the museum trip. You know, you could always just show up at the museum anyways.

Kim, is your computer working better today? I'm not a fan of updates. There are always issues after. DH has been banned from doing updates on my computer after too many problems.

Nice fireworks, Amanda!
October 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks guys. I think you're right. I will let them know tomorrow that I will have to pass. I feel bad, but so it is. The baby is better off with someone who is eager to do it.

October 25th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Is it just me or should it not be Friday by now? Oh well. The weather is supposed to be warm and lovely so at least there's that.

Have a great Thursday!

October 25th, 2012, 08:16 AM
it def feels like it should be Friday, alas it is not! boooooo
October 26th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's Friday!!

October 26th, 2012, 07:40 AM
October 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM

October 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! How was everyone's Friday?

James and I went to an animal farm with some friends this morning. He had a great time until a goat bit him. He wouldn't let me put him down after that. Then we spent some time at the park. It was a gorgeous day here today. Possibly our last nice day before the cold settles in for good.

Leah lost her first tooth today. It happened on the bus on the way home. When the bus got to our stop, she ran out yelling and her mouth was full of blood. It was a little startling, but once I realized what had happened and we cleaned her up, we celebrated. She is so pumped for the tooth fairy. She even went right to bed instead of playing.

We are "trunk or treating" (trick or treating car-to-car in a parking lot) with a bunch of other families tomorrow morning (it's supposed to rain, boo). Leah is also pumped about this. Fingers crossed James wears a costume!

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
October 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Happy Saturday! it's hurricane/nor'easter prep time today ugh! after Irene last year flooding our basement I am seriously not looking forward to this, we are supposed to get pummeled here in Philly with rain, rain, rain and high winds ugh! at least this time we have a generator to hopefully prevent flooding *fingers crossed* freaking weather!

Hope you have fun at the trunk or treat!!
October 29th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Happy Monday! we still have power but it's not looking good outside, hoping Mother Nature is kinder to PA than expected but the worst it still to come! Kids are home, DH is home, I am working while I can. ugh
October 29th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Things don't look good on the news, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed things don't get as bad as they're predicting. Keep us posted, Kim.
October 29th, 2012, 06:49 AM
things aren't so good, the NJ shore (about 1 1/2 hrs from me) is getting just pummeled the pics on FB are sad I just hope our power stays on for a while yet, last hurricane our basement flooded, we have a generator this time for the sump pump but hoping to not have to rely on that for too long. also hoping none of our many trees fall cause that scared me!!!
October 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Good morning! We are getting hurricaned on too. Levi's daycare is closed today and tomorrow. DH's school closed and my work is closing at noon. We have no back up, so if the power goes out, it will be dark lol. Definitely hoping it's not going to be as bad as they think. Stay safe Kim!!

October 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, you stay safe too! At the very least, you will get some extra family time. Are you guys stocked up on food and water and stuff, just in case?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search