20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Movie was good, girl time was fun. But the best part of my night was that I ran into Walmart right before (right next to the theatre) and bought 4 of Leah's gifts. Two of them were on sale there this week and another one was on sale at Toys R Us, so they price matched. Woohoo!! Saved myself almost $50!
November 21st, 2012, 06:24 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay Jennifer, getting deals is fun!

Happy Wed, last day of work before I am off for a nice 6 days! I can do this....I think!

my stomach feels better so hopefully that mess is behind us. Now I just have a full day of work, need to do laundry, clean up the house, pack and then off to my parents/sisters tomorrow for yummy Thanksgiving goodness!
November 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can do it, Kim. Just a few more hours. It's great that you're feeling better. No fun being sick during the holidays!
November 22nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for you lovely American ladies!

Sweet deals, Jennifer! I also got Holly's Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago for half off at Walmart. Otherwise I would have NEVER bought it.

Hope you all have a lovely, lovely day with your fams, eat some turkey and pie for me!

November 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy

November 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi girls! we had a nice Thanksgiving with my family, tomorrow we are doing a repeat with Jon's family, just what I need more friggin' food! Today I am trying to finish up the decorating and I told the kids we could build our gingerbread house, wish me luck!
November 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, sounds like lots of fun!

I'm kind of jealous that Americans seem to start Christmas a tiny bit earlier than us. I'm psyched to get some Christmas stuff out on December 1st!

All kinds of home reno projects going on here, soooo, you know, marital tensions abound! Managed to convince dh to step out of his comfort zone for bathroom paints and go with my idea. Fingers crossed that my idea pans out to be a good one! Floor re-finisher is supposed to start tomorrow, can't wait to reclaim my kitchen! Do you think they have some sort of Cheerio repellent they can use on the finish??

November 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, how did the gingerbread house turn out?

Michelle, what colour did you pick for the bathroom? I let DH choose the colour for his bathroom (eventually the kids bathroom when they're older). He chose a ridiculously bright blue. It looks horrible. But whenever we think about painting another room, I remind him of the bathroom and then I get 100% voting power.

I hear you on the marital tensions too. DH and I do not work well together on a lot of projects. At least now we recognize it and don't take anything too personally when we're working on something together. We've matured as a couple. Hopefully things aren't too tense for you guys.
November 26th, 2012, 05:53 AM
morning girls! hope the bathroom and kitchen floors turn out fab and you and your DH don't strangle each other in the process Michelle! I love home improvement, DH and I do pretty well working together but he always lets me pick the paint haha

Today is a mommy and Sydney day, we are going to the mall, lunch and a movie. Currently the princess is still sleeping
November 26th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a fun day, Kim.

I also get to spend the day with Leah, but it's not quite as fun. Both kids are sick, so we're spending the day snuggling (and sleeping, at the moment).
November 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello hello!

My friends due on Christmas had their baby at 4 o'clock this morning. Everyone's healthy! I am severely sleep deprived!

Enjoy your days with your daughters!

November 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
we had a good day, we saw Rise of the Guardians, we both liked it! went to lunch and the mall got some stuff and now we are home relaxing before we cook dinner together.

congrats to your friends Michelle, guess you don't have to worry about a Christmas baby, that little one decided early was better lol

sorry the kiddos are sick Jennifer, hope they feel better soon!
November 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone's week going?

Michelle, have you caught up on your sleep? Have you gotten to visit them again and snuggle with the baby?

Kim, is Rise of the Guardians scary? We haven't taken Leah to a movie in a while, but there isn't much else out there for kids right now.

Leah is all better now, but James is still a mess. It's been a lazy couple of days, which has been fine by me.
November 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM
morning! Jennifer, Syd wasn't scared during the movie. The evil character is the Boogie Man, it probably would depend on the kiddo if they got scared or not? overall it was a cute movie, even I liked it lol

it's Thursday, woot?! not sure yet haha
November 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So James was completely covered in blood when we woke up this morning. I vaguely remember him waking up next to me and crying for a while, repeating the word nose, but he cries so much and it's usually nothing, so I just wiped his nose quickly in the dark and went back to sleep. I felt pretty bad when we woke up.

I think a woot is in order for the day. The kids are both loving the snow, so it will be a fun weekend outside (for them and DH, not for me).
November 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hey!

I haven't posted here since before Thanksgiving! We had a really nice break until I woke up to go to work Monday morning. I got really sick and missed 2 days of work. I still can't really eat.

I posted a picture of the necklaces that I made for my fam on a local yardsale site and got over 20 orders in an hour! I took the picture down until I can catch up. Who knew! Nothing wrong with a little extra cash!

November 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, that is amazing. Good for you!

Jennifer, that is awful!

Kim, hi!

Still lost in reno wasteland. We'll allowed back into the kitchen tomorrow, the floors look amazing, now we are tempted to repaint the walls.. We either do it tomorrow while the kitchen is still empty or live with it. I don't know if I can handle taking on another project right now

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you guys! Remember this time last year when this thread was bumpin'? I miss that! What ever happened to Kelly and Lisa and Erin and everyone else???

November 30th, 2012, 06:37 AM
morning! Happy Friday!....glad reno is going well! pics??

So glad it is Friday, we are going to the Christmas Tree Farm tomorrow to pick out our tree, yay!! I am also super excited because we ordered the kids a new play kitchen, my kids are obsessed with "cooking" lately, especially Sam! and our play kitchen is just a tiny plastic crappy one, so FIL gave us money for the kids for the Holidays and we decided to get them a new one, I cannot wait until Sam sees it haha! he will be so darn happy! he is always "you cook with me mommy!" or "you cook with me Sydney!!" they both spend so much time "cooking" maybe they will be chefs anywho that's my big exciting news for today! haha
November 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning!

What kitchen did you order? I hate ours and dh was supposed to make a new one for Christmas but I'm not sure it will ever happen...

November 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM
after searching and searching we picked this one
Amazon.com: Kidkraft Deluxe Let's Cook Kitchen: Toys & Games

it is reasonably priced, gets good reviews, I wanted wooden and I liked the primary colors, so many of them are pink and girly!! and if my measurements are correct it should fit perfectly in the "spot" I have for it in the playroom, it shipped already! woot!

I also liked this one Amazon.com: KidKraft Vintage Kitchen in Blue: Toys & Games
it was a hard choice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search