20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! It's cccccccccold here today, a hard way to start the week.

Anna, I'm sorry your mom's results weren't as positive as you'd hoped. How long before you get news about the spot on in her chest? I'll be sending good news vibes your way!

Amanda, sorry your co workers stink! That ruins everything

We still nap well here, though for less long now. I expect her to nap well into 3, but who knows.

Things are getting easier with having the baby here. This week will be hard because of the crazy cold. It will be really difficult to get out and about and that makes the days terribly long.

My kids are still sleeping...going to be a rushed morning once they're up. Have a great day, everyone!
ChoMomma likes this.

January 21st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boo for cold weather! I want it to be spring STAT!

Tonight will be a low of 18 here. I know the folks up north are like waah, get over it LOL. But that is cold for us here!

I'm grumpy seeing all these posts on FB of folks that are off today and I sit here at work.

Going to weigh myself in a little bit. Hoping to win this competition at work!

I think the cabin in mountains is booked! I have to call in 30 minutes when they open to give deposit. But we got 3 nights for the same price as 2 nights. Woot!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
January 21st, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is freezing here too. Fortunately (?), Leah has the flu. So we get to stay warm and snuggly in the house for at least a couple of days. Wednesday is supposed to be the coldest (-29 before the windchill) so hopefully (?) her flu sticks around until then. I feel bad saying that, but I really don't want to go outside. I just got a call fro. her school and 10-15% of the.kids are home sick.

Anna, I'm sorry the results weren't great. I hope you dont have to wait too long for more answers and further treatment.

Erin, why are so many people off today? Is it another snow day?
January 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, today is a national holiday, so most everyone is off. I work at a hotel so clearly it doesn't apply to me LOL

And my computer system has been down ALL day - so fun times!
January 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day. More of a holiday for schools and government workers then anyone else. Lucky for me, I get to pay for a babysitter today AND for a full week of daycare for the rest of the week. Woohoo!

Anna, I hope everything turns out to be ok with more testing!! Thinking about you. Your girls are so freaking cute walking there dolls!! gahhhhh

Did anyone use OPKs while TTC? I did for the 1st time and now I'm more confused! Does the middle one look positive to you guys?

Last edited by BelloFiglioLA; January 21st, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
January 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not use them, so I have no idea. What are they supposed to look like?

Boo to the daycare/babysitter costs!
January 21st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Man that picture is HUGE. Sorry I'm pretty sure that the line closest to the arrow needs to be just as dark as the other line to be positive. I've tested for 6 days and the middle one was the darkest I got. I'm just trying to get a hang of actively TTC by temping and charting so that I know my cycle better.

Today will be day 6 of my 30 day shred and I feel great. I can already tell my pants are a little looser!

January 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The middle one's line sure is darker, but it's hard to tell in pics.

Great job!

I only lost 1.5 lb last week, so kind of discouraged. 6.5 lbs lost total so far. I know I will get there.

I wish I could take spin class every day!
January 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy MLK day ladies! I am off work and sick, lovely :/

I don't know much about OPKs the middle one looks like something no clue what it means haha

I think I am going to take a nice hot bath, maybe the steam will clear my snotty head ha never saw that one before, I think my illness is making me delirious
January 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, for a second I thought you were showing us pregnancy tests and you were making a big announcement. :-)
January 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amanda, I would say that's not positive. It should be just as dark or darker....I have used them before. I mean it looks dark but not really as dark as the control line. Just my 2 cents. What day are you on your cycle?? Are you regular, for the most part?

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts!

January 22nd, 2013, 04:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I also thought they were pregnancy tests and I got so excited for you! I have no experience with those tests. I can always tell when I'm ovulating because of my cervical mucus. Wooooo, tmi!!!! Way to go on your 30 day shred, though You're motivating me to get back into it.

Hope you're feeling better, Kim. Hopefully those canoe rides did you some good

Erin, 1.5 pounds is still great! The first couple of weeks are always the quickest, it's totally normal and healthy to plateau a little. Keep up the awesome work!

I don't mean to go on and on about the cold, but man...it just won't stop. I would totally be keeping Oscar home if it weren't for the fact that I pick up my baby sittee at O's school at drop off.

In positive news, Holly seems to be nearly potty trained and nobody is more surprised about it than me! Not only is she doing all her pees on the potty, she totally goes and does it without being asked or told. Only 1 accident yesterday...and wasn't pee

Have a great Tuesday, everyone. Stay warm!

January 22nd, 2013, 05:28 AM
Morning, the canoe rides didn't help, I still feel totally yuck!

it's cold here too, makes me happy I work from home!

Good luck to your mom anna, fingers crossed!

WTG Holly on potty training, Sam stays dry at school for the most part but he refuses to poop on the potty and at home he isn't as consistent and also he refuses to wear underwear, hmmmm I will worry about more if he is 3 and not interested for now diapers are ok with me I guess lol
January 22nd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oscar learned an important Canadian lesson on the way to school today: don't put your tongue on cold metal. There was blood and tears and by the time we pulled up to the school and realized we had forgotten his school bag I decided he could just stay home today. He can't believe his luck

January 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
oh no.....reminds me of Christmas Story...did you double dog dare him?
hope his tongue is on the mend quickly, live and learn!
January 22nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! Poor guy! Hope his tongue heals quick!

I'm sitting at docs office again! Running more blood work. Thyroid issue it seems. Started before Christmas at a regular check up but I've kind of put it out of mind since we were so busy with holidays. Now apparently I will be getting a biopsy. Nurse was just checking my blood pressure and told me to calm down. Ha! She's talking to the wrong person!

Anyways, waiting to speak to doc. I'd like a full year without surgeries or scares please. And lord don't let me google!
January 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Omg Michelle! I feel bad for O but the image made me smile a little. Poor guy! And I agree Live and learn! Dh has it tattoo'd nice and huge on his leg.

Erin, people have told me before they think I have a thyroid issue too but I've never had it checked. What is going on? If you don't mind me asking. Hope everything turns out ok!

I just took another OPK this morning and it is definitely positive. I'm on CD20 which is pretty late I think? I have all the symtoms and CM consistent with O-ing so I believe that I am...or did over night.

January 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Good luck at your appointment Erin.....I am also sick of drs they never have anything good to say it seems.

this cold is really kicking my butt, I can't focus or think, blah!

we are going to start planning our summer vacation, trying to decide what we want to do, I am thinking a nice quiet mountain/lake vacation this year...we all need some relaxing down time.

Good luck Amanda!
January 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Kim!

Good luck, Amanda!

I had my normal gyno appt in november and he felt a lump on thyroid. Took bloodwork and my thyroid levels were normal, but vitamin e was really low. I took to Google (bad Erin!) and all signs pointed to thyroid cancer. Yes, I am neurotic. they did an ultrasound in december and several spots showed up. doc still seems to think it's a harmless nodule, but they are referring me to go ahead and get it biopsied. The good thing is that if you have to get cancer, thyroid cancer is the one to get! Very treatable if caught early. Oh fun times!
January 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Poor Oscar

Ahhh, vacations, I think I remember those. Would be so nice to get away for several days. Everybody around here always to go to the beach but if I had my way I would book a trip to the mountains. Just so peaceful and relaxing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search