20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Kim, super cute pics!

February 12th, 2013, 06:04 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks!

well today Sydney is a whole hand! can't believe she is 5!

Happy Fat Tuesday girls!
February 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning! Is it Friday yet?!

HB to Sydney!

So I have now lost 10lbs since January 5th! I wish I could lose 10 lbs a month, that would be pretty fantastic. Challenge ends this Friday. I think I will purchase spin shoes if I win. I will say I will be pretty pissed if I don't. Such a sore loser, lol. But everyone was chowing down on Girl Scout cookies yesterday, while I was eating carrots.

So I had my endocrinologist appt yesterday. She said the cyst on my thyroid is very large and it requires immediate biopsy. So I have that scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. Boo! Please cross all crossables that it's benign. I mean, worst case scenario is that I have to have it removed and do radiation. The doc was pretty adamant that it would be okay, even if if was cancer. She said 99.9% of people that get diagnosed with thyroid cancer are cancer free within a year. I would still prefer a benign diagnosis, though!
February 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
thanks and good luck with the biopsy!

this week is awful slow, why is it not Friday yet?
February 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Erin, fingers crossed it's not cancer. I hope the biopsy doesn't hurt too much.

Anna, how are you feeling today? I can't wait to hear how your parents react to being pulled on stage at the circus. Do the girls get to go up to?

Happy Birthday to Sydney! A whole hand is a big deal!

Leah had a great time at her party. Jasmine was great with them and the girls still had time to play and eat and open gifts. So it was a hit.

I spent the day throwing up yesterday, but am feeling stable today. I think it was probably food poisoning. At least I'm feeling better today though. DH left for Texas this morning, so I'm on my own with the kids til Friday.

Have your kids finished their Valentine's for Thursday yet?
February 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH

February 13th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Benign vibes to you, Erin! Hope it goes smoothly.

We haven't even started Valentine's for O's classmates. The do a secret valentine type thing where they each have one person they give a valentine and little treat to, so we don't really have to do the whole class. We still might...but maybe not.

How's the old first trimester treating you Amanda? How's the new life with dh done school?

Good luck solo parenting, Jennifer!

February 13th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Morning girls! Good luck Erin with the procedure, Jennifer with the single parenting and Michelle with the Valentine's. I have Valentines for the kids but I have yet to complete them and really don't feel like it, I will probably be doing it at 10pm tonight ha

Have a great Wed ladies!
February 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! Hopefully it is benign, I know my nerves are shot today!

I have decided to leave this group. I have appreciated getting to know everyone since the fall of 2009. Going through our pregnancies together, childbirth, then having our awesome babies.

Good luck to everyone!

Erin
February 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We'll miss you Erin. I hope everything goes well with the procedure.
February 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wha? Bummer Good luck Erin!

A good friend/neighbor of mine is moving away to the States in a few minutes. I just had her family over for lunch and we said our goodbyes. I'm super sad and was pretty much in denial about them leaving until a few minutes ago. Craps. Ah well. Feb 13th, your are a bit of a sad day.

February 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, Michelle. It's hard when friends move away. Are they moving some place warm, like Florida?

On a happy note, I taught Leah well when it comes to strangers. Her school was at a big toboggan hill/park today for the carnival and her partner and two other girls in her class walked off with a stranger. Leah called after her partner, but stayed with her class instead of following the girls. The girls were fine, but still, they didn't know this person. But moral of the story, I have a strong girl who won't (yet and hopefully ever) give in to peer pressure. Also, DH or I will from now on always volunteer when they're going somewhere out in the open like that where strangers can pop up unnoticed by teachers.

Kim, did you send Sydney flowers for her birthday? I love that idea! I will definitely use that for Leah one year.

I forgot Sydney and Oscar are a year younger than Leah. She had to do all her valentines. Last year, she just wrote her name. This year, she wrote her name and each classmate's name. It's so cute watching her do it.
February 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
yikes Jennifer that is scary! who was the stranger? did they figure it out? good for Leah!!! that's great!....and no I never did end up having the flowers sent to her at school but I did buy her flowers for when she got home. I totally dropped the ball on it and then my mom was going to do it but with Valentines Day so close no one would commit to same day delivery booo, next year I am totally doing it though! I will plan ahead!

Sorry Michelle that's sad when good friends move away, we have friends that are moving like 30 minutes away and I am kinda sad about that even lol

Hope your appointment went ok Erin, sorry you are leaving the group.

I wrote out a gazillion Valentines with Sydney's help, mission complete! Now Sam is in bed and Syd is snuggled up on the couch. It's supposed to snow tonight, not a lot just enough to make a mess....again :/
February 14th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Valentines day, lovelies!

Yay, Jennifer, good job raising that little girl!

We didn't end up doing Valentines, but I polled the other moms and most kids are just preparing something for their "assigned valentine". But I win the deadbeat mom award anyway because O is supposed to bring a special snack for his Valentine and last night my neighbor brought over valentine cupcakes...so I'm sending him with one of those.

I'm going to make some heart shaped pancakes now though, so I'm not the worst

Anyone expecting some Valentine awesomeness today?
ChoMomma likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Happy Valentines Day ladies!

Heart shaped pancakes? Hardly a deadbeat mom Michelle!

Not expecting any awesomeness here, just another day...working, working, working!
ChoMomma likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Valentine's Day!

DH won't be back home until after midnight, so nothing happening here. James is grumpy, so it will be a fun day.
February 14th, 2013, 05:26 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies - we are going to the circus...that's valenitiney right? lol I am seriously as excited as a kid at Christmas! And um heart shaped pancakes sounds pretty awesome to me and much more healthy then what's going on here, mine are eating vday chocolate at 830am. Yup they are....I blame dad.

My bleeding has almost stopped, just a little bit today, so that's good news I guess!

Hope you all have a nice day

Last edited by ChoMomma; February 14th, 2013 at 05:29 AM.
February 14th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing wrong with chocolate at 8:30 on Valentine's Day. I would be eating chocolate if I had any.
ChoMomma likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Seriously. I would be eating/feeding chocolate for breakfast if it were on the menu

Every Vday, around this time of day, I remember that it is also the anniversary of my first period. Touching stuff. 20 years, still going strong! If you're looking for gift ideas, well chocolate is perfectly appropriate
kimmiejo likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy anniversary of your first period, Michelle!
cfm likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search