20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
34...yours? lol I feel like we are talking about pets haha

I have a friend, which is also DH's friends that was born today, same year as him.

February 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
38. You have the newer model

February 21st, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was the concert, Jennifer?

Where has Amanda been?

Good golly I wish I could close my eyes and it suddenly be tomorrow afternoon!

February 21st, 2013, 05:07 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning! I also wish it were Friday, ugh!...Bon Jovi?? so fun! hope you rocked out Jennifer!!

Syd and Sam had their ENT appointments yesterday, Sydney needs another set of tubes in her ears, this is the 3rd set, eye ey eye!
February 21st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah craps. Poor Syd and poor you!

February 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor Sydney. Do they need to have the tubes forever? Have they been ear infection-free for a while now?

My nephew had tubes put in after a number of ear infections, but they don't seem to have helped. He gets an ear infection every time he catches a cold.

Bon Jovi was amazing! He did all his big hits (which are the only songs of his I know) and a few from their new album.

Michelle, good luck on your exam tomorrow! I don't know when you find the time to study...
February 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
glad you had fun Jennifer!

hopefully not forever, not to jinx it but neither kid has had an ear infection since tubes but Sydney never really got infections, it's just that fluid backs up in her ears and doesn't drain correctly so when that happens she cannot hear well. Her tubes are still in but clogged and the fluid is backing up again so another set is needed. The Dr said she should outgrow it at some point but if a year from now we are in the same place we will consider getting her adenoids out, sometimes that can be the cause of the improper drainage, so we will see. For now just going to do the tubes again, way less invasive then having her adenoids out but sooner or later if it keeps happening we need to look for a more long term solution. Her surgery is scheduled for March 20th.

I had the same issues as a kid and mine didn't clear up until I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out, that seemed to solve all my ear problems. blah!
February 22nd, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I am dying to be done with this exam. Come noon I should be a happier lady.

O has a ped day today and my saint of a neighbor has offered to have the kids over while I go write my exam. She's a super hero.

Happy Friday, friends and wish me luck!

February 22nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
Good luck Michelle!

Happy Friday ladies!
February 22nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hi ladies! Sorry for being MIA.. I have been super sick I had to leave work yesterday, I felt like death. My OB called in a script for Zofran last night. Thank baby Jesus I FINALLY have some relief. I don't feel great but I feel a million and 14 times better than I did!

1st ultrasound scheduled for March 4th!

February 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, Amanda, hope you get some relief soon. Brutal morning sickness is a truly terrible, awful thing.

My exman went well. Hurray!

Super lazy weekend so far. I'm worried though because Holly fell off our bed, landed on her bum and since then has refused to walk, saying it hurts and grabbing her crotch?!? She would only crawl, and even then kind of dragged her legs while keeping them close together. She's napping now but if it's unchanged when she wakes I guess I have no choice but to take her to the ER? Poor little miss. Fingers crossed she wakes and walks!

February 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
poor girl I would take her if she wakes up and still won't walk, maybe she pulled a muscle? or cracked a bone? tail bone? I don't know? Hopefully she just needed to sleep off whatever it was and is fine when she wakes up! fingers crossed!

Lazy weekend here too, we put new door knobs on all our doors, cooked a lot and lounged around, exciting stuff lol
February 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hello all. How has everyone been? I've been sick as those on my fb know and also in Disneyland!

February 25th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sick in Disneyland?!? No fair!

Holly is walking again. Phew! Another ER bullet dodged!

Not feeling exactly ready to start the week but doesn't look like I have much choice in the matter, so here we go.

Anything interesting happening for anyone this week?

February 25th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Glad Holly woke up fine!

Happy Monday, I am not feeling good and very blah :/ gonna be a long week I think.
February 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy to hear Holly is ok. Poor thing.

Our week has started out pretty good. Leah wasn't feeling great yesterday but woke up this morning feeling "super fine" and I haven't gotten a call from the school to tell me otherwise. Our week will just be the usual, which is fine by me. Nice weather this week, which is wonderful.
February 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Glad Holly is walking, my gosh I would have freaked lol

We are 4 days smocheck (paci) free here, Im so proud of us! Kinda a big deal for a little kid that has been addicted to that thing like crazy.

My mom is having her mastectomy tomorrow, kinda worried and nervous about that. I feel sick.

February 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anna, that is so amazing about the pacis! You and Alicia are my inspiration. Holly loves her soucis more than anything. I know they need to go but I'm terrified of the backlash. Last time I tried to take them away she literally broke through the 5 point harness of her stroller in a rage. I think I'm going to do it. Next week. Any pointers?

Also, a million positive thoughts, vibes, good juju and all that business going your way for your Mama. It's going to go great and it will be all good things from here on in. I insist!

Jennifer, "super fine" is pretty hilarious. I'm also all for have a normal week. And warmer weather doesn't hurt, for sure.
ChoMomma likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Michelle, I have no idea how we did it to be honest! I wasn't even planning on doing it, just was sitting on the couch and said what if Santa called and asked Alicia for all her pacis to give to babies...wonder if she would do it. It was so strange cause a few mins later my phone rang, it was some random (you won a cruise) call and I pretended it was Santa calling for her and obviously faked a whole convo about them. She fell for it, I gave her a box she collected all her pacis and I put them away saying Santa is gonna pick them up that night and give her a present in exchange cause she's a big girl and the babies need the pacis.

Needless to say I spent about 50 bucks, got her a scooter and Rachel a baby to which they woke up to the next morning- that's the presents she picked from the toys r us site,. We just kept talking Santa and the babies all day that day and next. The present kept her busy the next day, I think keeping her busy was key. Everytime she whined about it I reminded her that Santa took them and babies blah blah and found a different activity to do. Day 3 was the worse that's when all the "magic" wore off but we are on day 4 and just fine. She seriously was addicted and had that paci in her mouth at least 20hrs a day. If we can do it, Holly can!!! Its all about the right timing and keeping busy I think? But she is less whining now then before, very odd loll Anyway that's my longgggggg story thanks for listening LOL

Last edited by ChoMomma; February 25th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
February 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Good Morning! wishing your mom a quick, successful surgery today Anna!

speaking of moms, mine saw her dr yesterday to go over scan results and she is currently at this very moment cancer free! no more treatment just routine checks every 3 months for the next year or so. So thankful!

I am really in need of spring time, I am officially tired of winter, ready to get outside on a daily basis!

No advice on the paci, Sam never used one. Sydney did until she was 2 1/2 but only to sleep and I just took them away one day and that was that, she never seemed to miss them, good luck! Hopefully Holly is equally easy!

and if I may brag...I had my kids parent teacher conferences at school yesterday and both got wonderful reports, I was told I have extremely smart, loving kids who are both ahead of the game. Maybe they tell that to everyone? I don't know but I will take it
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search