20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anna, I'm thinking of your mom today. I hope all went/is going well and that she recovers quickly.

Kim, what great news about your mom!! You guys were certainly due for some positivity! And congrats on your smart, loving kids.

For the soothers, when Leah was about 18 months, she was only using it at night and naptime, but I decided to just take it away one day. It was rough. She mourned the loss of her friend for about 5 days, but then she was ok. I was such a hard ***** back them. I don't think I could do that now though.

Leah is home sick today. Apparently "super fine" didn't count a sore throat or headache she forgot to mention until a couple of hours after she got home from school. DH stayed with her while James and I went to his sports class this morning. He had a huge meltdown over a puppet and we spent half the class in the hallway. Fun times.
February 27th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mornin' guys.

Anna, how is your Mom doing?

Kim, great news about your Mom! Hopefully Anna's mom gets the same thing very soon

I was full of tough lough for O and his paci. I took it away at about 19 months, cold turkey, see ya later bye. With Holly...I just don't have the fight in me!

I have a busy day today..,and I'm tired. I've parked Holly in front of the tv so that I can get some work done. Off to a good start!

Happy hump day, friends!

February 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Craps about Amanda and her job

February 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes totally sucky

Happy Thursday girls, almost to the weekend
February 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know. Poor Amanda. The only positive is that at least her DH was done school and has a job. Hopefully she finds something soon.

Leah is back at school today. I took James skating at a local arena this morning and he loved it. He was smiling and chatting with me the whole time.

The snow here is insane. We spent an hour shovelling last night and DH was out for another 45 mins this morning before the plow came by and he had to start all over again. Was anyone else affected by this big storm? Yuck.

I have a lot of work to do, but no motivation. I feel an unproductive afternoon coming on.
March 1st, 2013, 05:07 AM
TGIF girls! any big weekend plans? Syd has a birthday party on Saturday, other than that not much on the schedule....the sun is out today, it's March 1st! ever so slightly we are getting closer to spring!

Last edited by kimmiejo; March 1st, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
March 1st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TGIF!

Not much going on here. My Dad is passing through town so maybe we'll have dinner tomorrow night. My favourite, seasonal maple croissant is back at my favourite bakery, so I'll eat some of those...that's about it Maybe the library? O is on spring break next week so I don't want to blow our fun load just yet.

March 4th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Happy monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
March 4th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was everyone's weekend? How does everyone's week ahead look?

We got a surprise night off on Saturday, my Dad passed through town and took the kids to the hotel with him. Sunday morning was glorious. I slept until 9. Big deal for me!
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 06:29 AM
woot for sleeping in!...we had a birthday party Saturday, yesterday we did spring clothes shopping for Syd and then went and spent the afternoon at our friends new apartment, helped unpack some stuff, put some furniture together, fun times lol. They only moved 30 minutes away but it seems like way too far to me, kinda makes me sad :/
March 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
9am sounds glorious! Leah slept over at my aunt and uncle's Saturday night and James let us sleep in until 7am. Not quite as refreshing, but still nice.

Kim, you guys were nice to help your friends move. We don't seem to do that here. Once kids are in the picture, it's to each their own when it comes to moving. Of course, DH's back isn't what it used to be and our kids like to "help", which means things take about 3 times as long as they should.

Our weekend was good. Saturday, DH and I got to hang out for the afternoon, while the kids were babysat. Sunday we tried to go for a hike (snow was too deep though) and then DH and the kids built a fort in the front yard.

Any big plans for March Break, Michelle? Ours is next week. Nothing exciting planned yet. Leah is going through a real snarky phase, so I'm not sure how much we'll enjoy ourselves. Maybe the phase will have passed by this weekend though.

Has anyone heard anything from Amanda lately? I'm worried about her.
March 5th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried about Amanda too I hope things sort themselves out double quick for the. What an awful stress.

Yeah, super nice of you to go help with the moving, Kim. I vaguely offer but everyone knows I'm generally stuck with the kids. Dh still does a fair share of helping with that kind of thing because he's a big burly guy.

Maybe a week off from school will help Leah attitude? Some awful crap comes out of O's mouth sometimes and he has clearly picked it up at school. Just a general bad attitude and talking back. This week will be a nice reset. We don't have much planned. I have my babysittee and that kind of cramps our style. Dh is going to try and get him and and do some stuff. I'm just happy for the break in routine.

Hurray for Tuesday?

March 5th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Happy Tuesday! I hope Amanda is ok too

Add Syd to the attitude club, she can't sass back with the best of them, ugh!...in other news this Friday is her Kindergarten Registration, she is so excited about it! she can't wait to check out the big kid school!

as for the moving, I did unpacking boxes, DH put some furniture together and my kids hoarded all the junk the new apartment dwellers didn't want (costume jewelry, NYE horns, other little odds and ends) so really everyone won I guess...except me cause now I have a bunch of crap I don't want either
March 6th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Woo, so exciting for Sydney! Kindergarten. All grown up

I'm taking the kids for their bi annual trip to McDonald's this morning. Pancakes and playland. Bring it on. Their excitement for this is almost depressing. I am looking forward to my hashbrown though

Have a great Wednesday, ladyfaces!

March 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
woot sounds fun!....Sydney refuses to eat McDonalds because last year she ate there and later that night puked, she thinks she puked because of the McDonalds food lol, I am not sure though because no one else got sick but at any rate she will not under any circumstance go there anymore. Every time we pass a McDonalds she is all "ewwww gross" I suppose this is a good thing however I am not gonna lie a Big Mac from time to time does the soul good
March 7th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really tried to instill an "ew gross" attitude towards McDonald's but no dice. Somehow it has become the ultimate treat for the,m. My kids think they only serve breakfast though Oh well, a couple of breakfasts a year at mcd's wont kill us.

Dh is taking the kids bowling this afternoon with his brother and their SIX kids. I'll sit that one out. Muhahahahah!

I know I shouldn't complain because the weather is warming and all, but this in between stage of sloppiness before spring really arrives is gross and getting me down. Gray everywhere. To gross out to play, the ice on the rinks has melted...blah.

Happy Thursday!!

March 7th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by cfm; March 7th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 05:11 AM
it's my Friday!!

don't blame you for sitting out on the bowling, 6 kids?? My Gawd! I couldn't handle that...ever lol

and I agree on the gray, muddy days of March! I just want to get outside and work on some yard projects but it's still too cold and wet for any of that. Come on April!
March 7th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday, Kim!

Babysittee called in sick today! Surprise day off! Problem is, he was my excuse for not going bowling...ummm...achoo! I think I'm coming down with something?
kimmiejo and ~MamaTutu~ like this.

March 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually not going to tell dh that the baby isn't coming today and see if he even notices

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search