20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
A RAK is a Random Act of Kindness.

I'm so sick today! BLAH!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday!

Definitely fed up with winter here. It's snowing again.

O is ready to go back to school today but is kicking up such a tearful, agro fuss about it that I'm almost reconsidering. Almost.

Weekend plans?

Kristina. will you be moving far?

Ah, random act of kindness. Makes sense. Here, we just call it being Canadian Kidding.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
TGIF ladies!.....glad O is better but sorry he is making a fuss about it :/

No solid plans for the weekend, there are few Easter Egg hunts, one tomorrow in my friends neighborhood, one Sunday at Sydney's gymnastics place and our neighbors host one every year and that's on Sunday too. We will likely go to the neighbors and maybe the one with my friend tomorrow, something to do I guess but it's awful cold to be outside picking up plastic eggs. We shall see.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Poor O. Did you decide to keep him home today?

Glad Syd has recovered. Hopefully these ones stick.

We've had an interesting week, but it's Friday, so I'm happy. We are going to a Sugar bush tomorrow morning and we have a bday party tomorrow afternoon. Sunday, who knows. Maybe some cleaning!
March 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
As RAKs yesterday I gave a homeless guy some money, I'd have bought him food if I had the time, but we were right buy where he could buy food. And then I paid for the people behind me at the drive through as well. I still have several RAKs to do to get to my 27, like 9.

This weekend for me is a normal weekend, Rock's got football soon and then we've got Palm Sunday church tomorrow. After that the week is not normal because Sunday isn't a school night, yay for spring break! I have lots of grading if I get to missing school though lol.

March 25th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Morning! we had a nice weekend but Syd woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug, lot of pooping and some puking going on, blah! I don't feel great myself and it's snowing!...hmmm could I complain some more?
March 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning!

Ack, hope you`re spared the bug, Kim.

We had a lovely brunch at a friend`s house yesterday. Oscar barfed and Holly peed on their new couch How come we don`t get more brunch invites?

How about leaving little notes of appreciation for some people as a RAK?

March 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor Syd. Hope she feels better soon.

Michelle, I'm sorry to say I laughed when I read that. barfing and pee on a new sofa. That's horrifying and hilarious.

We had a good weekend visiting with friends. Tonight, I am going to a movie with a friend. DH is heading out of town again this week, so it will be a little more hectic, but that's fine. The kids are getting used to it and they're both going through a mommy phase right now, so I don't think they'll mind him being gone much.

I love grading. That was one of my favourite parts of teaching back in the day (7 years ago, wow!)
March 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was a kid I was always dying to help my mom with grading, always looked so cool.

March 26th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I feel like I'm on top of stuff today...which makes me nervous. Surely the universe will feel my sense of confidence and togetherness and knock me on my *** to teach me a lesson!

How are you feeling, Kim? How about Sydney?

How are the RAKs coming along?

Jennifer, anything fun planned for the while dh is away? Pizza night or anything?

Kim, do you do any passover business with your dh's family?

March 26th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Morning, Syd is better, I feel ok. Maybe it was just something she ate? hard to say, for now we are ok!

We have done Passover Seder in the past but haven't in a few years, DH and his immediate family aren't really religious but his extended family is, so if they are around/in town for the holiday or plan something we try to attend but it isn't something we always do.

I wish my house would clean itself, they has to be an invention for that?

Hope your togetherness continues, let's hope the universe is throwing you a bone!
March 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

So quiet around here these days...

Kim, I would pay top dollar for a self cleaning house. Go ahead, invent one, please!

I have a 4 day weekend coming up (no babysittee, no school for O) and I am PSYCHED. Just have to get through 2 more days.

Long weekends for everyone?

March 27th, 2013, 05:48 AM
morning, no long weekend here I have to work Friday and Monday but we are going to my parents Friday night for Easter Weekend.

Happy Hump Day, it's 8:48am and I have already engaged in a FB argument, gonna be a good day
March 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw you getting feisty on fb this morning!
kimmiejo likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I tried quitting coffee again, so I've been sleeping or fighting off withdrawal symptoms in my spare time, rather than sitting at my computer. Nothing exciting planned while DH is away. Leah is coming down a cold, so I wanted to take it easy so she can make it through tomorrow, hopefully. She can rest this weekend.

I have a four day weekend too. Nothing planned, other than a movie date with Leah. Everyone else (family and friends) is out of town, so it's just the four of us.

I'll have to take a look on fb to see your argument. Was de-friending involved?

Michelle, will your DH be off for the whole weekend too? Any plans with family/friends?

What do you ladies do for Easter for the kids? I am doing my shopping Saturday. DH and I decided no toys this year. Not sure how that will go over with Leah, who has been talking about what toys she thinks she'll get for about a month now...
March 27th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't do toys for easter, just a few treat. Nothing big. And a little egg hunt.

Why, oh why have you forsaken coffee??? It loves you, you know. Am I helping?

March 28th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! It's my Friday! Just have to make it through the day....i think i can i think i can i think i can.

Just found out my big brother, lovely sil and adorable nephew are probably visiting in June. I'm super excited, didn't think I'd be seeing them this year. Good news in the morning means good news, good things all day, right? All good things to us today, ladies!

March 28th, 2013, 05:42 AM
yay for vistors! boo for no coffee! not sure I could do it!

my FB argument was with a nimwit who isn't even my friend, friend of a friend (Anna's friend, starting to wonder about Anna and who she keeps company with LOLLLLLL, j/k) so no defriending involved ha!

For Easter we just do a basket with candy and a couple small cheap toys, nothing much really.
March 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is great news, Michelle. A perfect way to start the last day of the week.

Kim, I took a peek and saw the discussion. I didn't read too much of it, though. People like that guy get me too steamed up.

My day has started off not too great, but DH is coming home tonight, so it will end on a high note. It's almost 9am and James is down for a nap, so you can guess how he's been this morning.

I hear you, with the coffee. I don't want to give it up. I need the caffeine. But it is a trigger for my migraines (I get 2-3 a week. With no caffeine, they are cut in half). I put up with the migraines for 2 years to get my caffeine fix, but it's at the point now where it's really not worth it. But it's hard to give it up. I've fallen off the wagon twice already.
March 29th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Kids wanted to get a head start on the long weekend so they woke up extra early oh well. I'm making a ridiculous bread to bring to dinner at my mom's later so at least I have lots and lots of time to do it now.

Hope you dh had a happy homecoming and that the coffee fight is going well. A good friend of mine hasn't touched caffeine in years (including chocolate. crazy!) because it gives him such rough migraines. Hope it goes well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search