20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 05:48 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Friday, it's already not been a great day, Sydney was in rare form this morning, her attitude lately is not great, it's wearing me down ladies, wearing.me.down!

oh well if I can get thru work today we will be off to my parents where my children magically transform themselves into angels filled with wit and charming behavior, who knew the grandparents house could be such a magical place A weekend away might be what we need!
March 29th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I send my kids to your parents?????

We've been on severe crackdown mode with O lately in attempts to curtail his jerkface teenage attitude. Not easy stuff! How does this happen???

March 29th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I have no idea??? 5 is clearly the new 16! ugh!
March 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Six isn't much better, so far. When I stopped putting up with it, she started saying I was the bossy parent. But she's an angel around everybody else. It's just at home with us she's a pill.

Have fun at your parents' place this weekend, Kim.

Michelle, how did your bread turn out? Have a good dinner with your mom.
April 1st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How was everyone's weekend?

Ours was quiet, but good. Kids were happy with all the Easter stuff, and we made our first (pre-stuffed) turkey, yay! Leah's pretty bummed she has to go back to school, which I guess means she had a good weekend.
April 2nd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

We had a nice, long weekend. Oscar had a stomach thing on Easter and threw up all day/night so I stayed home with him while Dh took Holly to the inlaw Easter extravaganza. O and I had a nice, quiet snugly time. Now he's all better and we seem to have be spared the virus.

Anything exciting going on for anyone this week? Pretty quiet week here. Lots of work but nothing exciting.

Did the kids in Ontario have school yesterday, Jennifer?

April 2nd, 2013, 06:11 AM
Hi girls, we had a decent Easter but Syd got sick with some kinda funk, croup or something, bad cough and fever, she stayed home yesterday and today my MIL is watching her, she seems better but the fever seems to creep back by mid afternoon, ugh. And of course now my throat hurts, good times! ha!

Busy work week, nothing much else going on!

Glad O is feeling better!
April 3rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello Hello!

How's Sydney doing, Kim?

Where's Anna these days? I need to tell her about how Holly gave her pacifiers to the Easter bunny on Saturday night and how great she is doing without them Thanks for the inspiration, Anna and Alicia!

I have an exciting morning of the grocery store and Costco with a 2 year old and a 9 month old planned. Who's jealous???

April 3rd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Yay Holly!!....Syd is still not well, we are off to the drs this morning, she still has a horrid cough and a fever and is generally just laying around which is totally not her, they will probably say "it's a virus" but better to get her checked since this has been lingering around a bit now and she doesn't seem to be getting better, ugh!
April 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
poor Syd. Hopefully the doc can give you some help or at least peace of mind.

O his home again today. Couldn't get him out of bed and says his belly hurts. He has barely eaten in the last 24 hours. He's still sleeping now. No fever or anything...I dunno Might call the dr later today.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
well they said she has croup and laryngitis and gave us a pred pack, ummmmm prednisone is the devil! last time she took it it made her a horrible grump full of roid rage, the dr said "well it's only for 4 days and she is older now so she might handle it better and it will really help with the inflammation" so yeah good times shall be a comin'

Sorry O is sick again, the sickies seem to be everywhere! blah!
April 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, everyone's kiddos are sick. I hope Syd and O start to feel better ASAP! I guess the trip to Costco and the grocery store were postponed?

And go Holly! Who knew the Easter Bunny and Santa offered this extra service! I wonder if there is a way to work them into our attempts at getting James to sleep in his own bed...
April 4th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Pretty sure O's "sickness" yesterday was really just a bad combo of really hungry/really tired. Oh well, easily remedied!

How's everyone else feeling today? Is Syd on the pred? I pray for you! And her! I haaaaaaate that stuff.

Off to playgroup. Hopefully all the super annoying moms wont be there today

April 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our big morning today consisted of buying James his own pillow and a big Toy Story blanket to try to sell sleeping on his mattress on the floor (instead of in our bed). We got the bed all set up for nap and he jumped in and stayed put for all of 30 seconds. Now he's playing with all the cars in his room. Oh well. At least he's in his room!

Has Syd turned into a monster yet from the pred? I know you've mentioned she's been on it before and it never goes well. I don't know much about it. DH's dad takes a small dose every day and he seems fine, but he takes it for another reason. DH does say he is very different now than before he started taking it, but I didn't know him before.

I have my first meeting tonight for J's preschool program (that starts in September). They are going to discuss the interview process and a bit about the program. I'm still a little torn about it, but I'd rather go through with the whole pre-process, just in case I decide to send him.

Michelle, how was playgroup?
April 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Playgroup was nice, saw some ladies I hadn't seen since the fall. Holly has made a friend with a girl her age, which is a first. Almost all nice moms today. Almost

Hope James finds some love for his new bed. It's tough! DOes he normally nap in his bed or also in your bed?

April 5th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How did the meeting go, Jennifer?

tgi freaking f. i do not feel like a good mother/wife/person today.

April 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
TGIF I am feeling the same way Michelle! hoping the spring weather this weekend will help my mood, ugh! Syd is doing ok, the prednisone isn't really making her too grumpy so that's good, she only has 2 more 1/2 doses and she is done and she is feeling a lot better!
April 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad she's feeling better!

Here's to a wonderful, relaxing, springy weekend that restore our usual awesomeness.

April 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls,

There must be something in the continental air. I was pretty grumpy myself this morning. Still having a hard time dealing with no caffeine.

The meeting went well. They just told us the criteria for getting into the program and then showed us the classroom. The interviews are in the next couple of weeks.

James went to sleep in his bed last night. He woke up as usual around 12:30, but this time was standing in the hall calling to me. He is now napping there. I would call this a partial success. Time will tell if he will find a way to stay there through the night.

It's supposed to be warmer here this weekend, but rainy, so I'm not sure what we will do. The original plan had been getting new bikes for the kids and spending time outside. That probably won't be happening.
April 8th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Happy Monday, hope everyone had a nice weekend! We did some outside work, had a playdate and just relaxed and played outside. It was nice to get some fresh air! I hope the warm weather sticks around!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search