20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning!

Had a nice enough weekend. Had and in tense barf session in the middle of the night. Feel like a zombie today.

How's James doing with the bed?

April 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yuck. Sounds like a bad night. I hope the kids are easy on you so you can rest up today.

Lucky you, Kim. I can't wait until it's nice enough to spend time outside. We bought a new scooter for Leah Friday, but it's been super cold and windy, so we didn't get a chance to try it this weekend.

James is doing pretty good in his bed. He goes to sleep at night easily and just crawls into bed with us when he wakes up (I no longer need to go get him, so that's good). The naps are another thing. If I stay with him, he'll sleep, but I don't want to start that nasty habit. So we're at a stalemate at the moment.
April 9th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

It's all gray skies and gloom here. Literally and figuratively.

The kids, last night. Oh my god. There was a kid up screaming, playing, crawling into someone else's bed, giggling, throwing stuff, eating cereal, etc at any given moment between the hours of 12:15am and 4:30 am. I have no idea what go into them but man, i'm running on not a lot of sleep, not a lot of patience, not a lot of love today.

Slow and steady, Jennifer! you'll get there soon with the naps. and in the meantime, you have my sympathies

April 9th, 2013, 06:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning, that stinks Michelle, ugh not good!....good luck with the bed transition Jennifer, hopefully it works itself out.

it is sunny and going to be 80 today but my mood is foul, I feel all anxious and blah and like I want to hide in a closet, not sure what my deal is
April 10th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Slightly sunnier outlook on life today. Not much else to report.

Anything in particular fueling the anxiety, Kim?

April 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you two had better days today.

We're busy enjoying the "nice" weather as much as possible before it's all over. We're supposed to get some freezing rain tomorrow and a whole bunch of snow on Friday. Someone joked that we're going to go from snow to sweltering summer overnight and skip the whole spring thing. He might be right. Is it pretty similar in Montreal, Michelle?

For the last two days, James has stayed in his room for naps without any trouble. Woohoo! I'm not being terribly productive during that time because I can see his door from my desk and I'm constantly watching it, just waiting to see his little face peek out. But I'm sure I'll start to relax soon.
April 11th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Yay James! that's great!

I am just crazy busy with work and annoyed. At least it is Thursday! that is something right? lol
April 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's halfway through Thursday. Just 1.5 days to go! You can do it, Kim!!
April 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Halllllo!

Same bs weather here, Jennifer. The snow is coming down. We are staying in. Summer starts tomorrow, yeah?

Great news about James! Way to stick it out!

I'm dying for this day to be over.

Anyone got anything fun going on this weekend?

April 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sucky, sucky day out. Snow and freezing rain and windy. Yuck. Buses were cancelled. This might be the first time they've cancelled buses in April.

Leah has a birthday party tomorrow and we are catching up with various people throughout the weekend. So busy and fun. The original plan had been a sugar bush tomorrow morning, but with the weather, I'm thinking not so much.

I took James to his art class this morning and only one other boy showed up. They decorated kites with paint and then played with playdoh. Then we watched retired guys playing hockey in the arena downstairs. It was a good morning.
April 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a nice morning, Jennifer. Lol, retired guys playing hockey!

We don't have anything going on this weekend. I'm going to call my mom in a minute and see if we can come for a little visit.

Kim, I need your insight! My SIL went into the hospital this week because of belly pain, they found a tumor in her uterus. They are pretty sure it's cancerous. She's having a complete hysterectomy in 2 weeks. This is somewhat similar to what happened with your Mom, no? Any words of wisdom? Tips on how I can help? How is your Mom doing these days?

April 15th, 2013, 07:06 AM
sorry to hear that Michelle my mom had uterine cancer, she had no symptoms other than spotting and since she is older that is a indicator. Anyway in my moms cause the tumor was very large and invading the surrounding area, so they opted to do chemo first to shrink the tumor, once that worked they did a radical hysterectomy and took out everything including lymph nodes. It was a pretty major surgery and it took her a bit to get back on her feet but she is doing well now. After surgery she had radiation and more chemo and as of her last scan she is cancer free right now. From what I understand if the tumor is confined to the uterus often times the only treatment is hysterectomy and regular follow ups, and it is highly treatable so hopefully that's all your SIL needs! Regardless it stinks I hope everything goes well for her! and maybe it isn't cancer? ya never know, they told my mom hers had spread to her liver and they were wrong, her liver biopsy was fine so until they take it out and find out for sure let's think positive and hope it isn't! They didn't confirm that my mom had cancer until they did a d&c and biopsied it. KUP

we had a nice weekend though a bit hectic, Sam had to go to urgent care for sand in his eyes, he would not open his eyes despite all my attempts to flush them out. The Dr there put numbing drops in his eyes and flushed them and he was good to go, he just has to take antibiotic drops for a few days in case there is a lingering scratch. And then yesterday Sam wacked Syd (on accident) with a baseball bat near her eye so she has a huge goose egg/bruise. Never a dull moment here I swear! in happier news my deck is stained and ready for warm weather, it looks pretty.
April 16th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Thanks, Kim! I think the general feeling is that once the uterus & friends are out and the chemo is done she'll be good to go. Just need to get through the next few months. That's what we're going with And hopefully that will be that. She's feeling good and positive but really, really dreading the chemo.

Your poor, battered kids, Kim! The injuries always seem to come in waves, eh? I feel like now that spring is really here and we're more active outside there will be a lot of tumbles, bumps and lumps ahead of us.

I'm trying anew strategy where I only let Holly nap for an hour in the afternoon (she usually goes at least 2 hours) in hopes of making bedtime smoother and wakes ups later. She's still sleeping right now so I'm calling it a success! She's usually up around 6:30. Hopefully this continues to be a thing

Have a good Tuesday, ladies!

April 16th, 2013, 12:39 PM
wishing her all the best Michelle! cancer sucks! KUP on how she is doing!

I can't believe it's only Tuesday *sigh*
April 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, I'm so sorry about your sister-in-law. Hopefully the surgery goes smoothly and the chemo isn't too rough on her. Will you be going to visit them to help out?

How was nap/bedtime today? Is Holly crankier late in the day if she only gets an hour to nap?

Kim, your poor kids. How is Syd's face feeling? I can't wait to be sitting on my deck enjoying the warm weather!

Our weekend was busy, but fun. James and I are enjoying a quiet week, which I am loving. Tomorrow we are heading to the park! I can't believe it's actually nice enough out for us to be able to go.
April 17th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, we will also be parkin' it most of today. Thank goodness for clear sunny skies.

My SIL is my dh's sister. She lives quite near us so we will be able to help out and hang out to keep her company. She doesn't have kids and has a devoted roommate and girlfriend and a large, supportive network of friends so at least there's that. We have already been over to play games to distract her and cheer her up.

But when it rain, it pours. We got another blow of bad news yesterday. The building that where dh's studio is has sold the entire floor they are on and so they are being evicted, summer at the latest. They have a commercial lease so they really have no protection. The winter has been pretty slow for them but they have lots of work booked for summer and fall. Opening the studio in a new location will be a considerable time and financial investment. It is a giant stress and hurdle, to say the least. Dh is exploring some ideas and I am just trying to pretend that everything is ok. Blah.

But, it's a nice sunny day, so, hurray. I need a new pair of sandals. How about you? I'm finding it hard to chose a style, I don't trust myself anymore. Don't want to chose a frumpy mom shoe but also don't want to look like a mom trying to pull off a look that's too young for her. You know? What are you all wearing on your feet this summer?

April 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Morning, sorry to hear about your husbands business Michelle, hopefully he can find something that isn't too much of a financial strain ....it isn't nice here today, it is cloudy and dreary looking but at least it isn't cold!

as for my feet I almost always wear just flip flops in the warm weather, I have about 100 pairs of flip flops lol, ok maybe not a 100 but a lot. I have some cute nicer sandals with small heels for if I do something fancy and need to look cute but I haven't bought new sandals in a while, maybe I should! let me know what you get maybe it will inspire me lol.
April 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Yeah, maybe I should just expand my flip flop collection. Who am I kidding?

This week is pretty unending, no?

More bad news on the SIL front. Turns out it's ovarian cancer, which typically has a less sunny prognosis. Things aren't hopeless by any means, but it isn't good news either.

The good news is Holly is cute and funny. Thank god for that!

April 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
bummer Michelle I hope all goes well with her!....and yes this week is a long one!
April 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ovarian cancer. That's so scary. It's great that she has such a big support system. Hopefully all the positive energy surrounding her will keep her strong.

I bought some nicer sandals last year, but I always had to take them off when we were at the park because it got really uncomfortable in the sand. I'll probably just stick with flip flops this year. The nice thing about them is that they're cheap, so you can have a variety.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search