20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you ladies following all the crazy news in the states this week? What a sad time. :-(
April 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hard not too, scary stuff. My DHs aunt and uncle live in Boston, everything locked down, scary times, crazy people, the world is going to crap!

TGIF girls!
April 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot it was Friday... Any plans this weekend?

We have two birthday parties, but that's about it. Hopefully not too much rain so we can spend lots of time outside.
April 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, this week totally sucked. Here, there, all over.

Babysittee wont nap today. I just took out to run a few errands in hopes that the stroller would put him to sleep. No dice. So I made him sit and watch me eat a cadbury egg. That'll show him!

My mom is watching the kids tonight while dh and I go to a cocktail obligation. I'm going to try and drink a lot of drinks in a short amount of time and be in bed by 10. We're going to friend's tomorrow evening to play games. These friends have been on one of those whole 30 diets (basically only eat meat and vegetables???), let's hope they'll loosen up for Saturday night! Or they can just watch me eat and drink, I don't care. Ask my babysittee!!

Are the tulips coming up yet in Ottawa, Jennifer?

April 22nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Bright and sunny day, bright and sunny week ahead, it's a good start.

Fun weekend, guys?

April 22nd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Morning, sunny day here too! I have already seen 2 drs today, just for routine checkups, it might be the first time ever that no one said I needed some kinda test or followup, of course I had a pap so that is always fun, not!.....how is your SIL Michelle? when is her surgery?

Our weekend was ok, Syd had a birthday party on Sat other than that we just played and worked outside in the yard, nothing exciting but a good weekend.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Hurray for no follow ups, Kim! Monday morning vag swabs are not exactly a party, but so it is.

Sil is good, preparing for the months ahead, fixing up her place a bit, etc. Her surgery is early next week and I think chemo might start the week after? We're going for dinner with her on Thursday as a little last hurrah.

O has a nasty cough and is lobbying me to stay home from school today. he's other wise full of silly. goofiness so I don't it's going to happen.

Where's Jennifer these days?

April 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls. Sorry, JM wouldn't let me log in yesterday. Silly.

Michelle, did you have fun at your cocktail party? Did you keep O home?

Kim, yay for no follow-ups. Are you doing a vegetable garden in your yard or flowers or just grass?

We had a busy weekend. Two birthday parties and a visit with family. The first bday party was for a friend's son who turned two. There were about 8 kids, ranging from 2-6. It was the first time in six years that all the parents have been able to sit around and chat while the kids all played on their own for the most part. It was strange.

DH and I have a date tonight. I think we're going to see the new Tom Cruise movie. There was nothing out that I wanted to see, so I told DH he could pick.

Tomorrow is J's interview for preschool. Which reminds me, I have to get all the paperwork filled out this afternoon. Have a nice day ladies!
April 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Isn't it so awesome to have the kids old enough to entertain each other? I love it. And it will keep getting better! We have good years ahead of us

How was date night? Good luck with the interview today. Do they take James alone or do you get to go with him?

I wish I could have a vegetable garden. I have a little window box of herbs. That's it. I am germinating some sweet peas right now to try on the back porch but I think the squirrels will probably eat them before harvest.

Looks like it will be a beautiful day. Hopefully, if the stars align, I be able to take the scooter out this afternoon and meet a friend who is in town for a snack/drink/coffee/whatever. It will involve a fair bit of cooperation from dh, so...who knows.

Have a nice Wednesday!

April 24th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Morning, it's a sunny day and supposed to be 70, can't complain about that!

I have some seedlings planted inside tomatoes and some flowers and a few herbs (chives, parsley and basil) that's about as much gardening as I can handle lol. We have been working outside just mulching the beds, stained the deck and swingset, that kinda stuff. Always something to do it seems!
April 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AAAAAAAAACCCCKKKK!

Oscar has a bunch of red, itchy bumps and my neighbor is convinced it's bed bugs. There's a big bed bug problem in montreal. I cannot even. I can't. Ugh. I'm calling an exterminator. I'm drinking a bottle of whiskey. I'm running away from home. Please, dear god, let my neighbor be wrong.

April 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Time to move for sure! I've heard those things are hard to get rid of. But, someone on Facebook recently had an issue with red itchy spots and she thought it was bed bugs, but it turned out to be little bugs from a plant in her room. Still not pleasant but a lot easier to get rid of. Fingers crossed it's not bed bugs!

We are still trying to grow grass in our yard, so we haven't gotten around to anything edible. Our yard is a bit of a wasteland.

The interview went fine. James eventually went off with DH to see the room while I stayed behind to answer questions. I just realized that his immunization records aren't up to date, so I'll have to update the book asap and bring them a new copy. Darn. I poked my head in at the end and saw all the kids playing everywhere. It looks like so much fun. James stuck to the sand bin, but was happy. I'm opening up to the idea of actually going through with this.

Date night was a bust. The babysitters were late so we snuck in subs to the theatre and saw the most violent movie ever. I don't recommend Olympus Has Fallen to anyone.
April 25th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, when will you find out about school for J and when do you need to decide by? Is it half or full day?

Thanks for the heads up about the movie, I can't stomach violent stuff like I used to. Sorry your date night was a bust

I'm not convinced O's problem is bedbugs. It seems as though he only gets the bumps after going to the park. And none of use have any bumps. I'm not burning all our stuff just yet. I'm trying to get him to the dr today to have him checked out. We're supposed to go to my dad's this weekend but he has told us we aren't welcome if it's bed bugs. The love!

Poor, poor Sil. Her dog, a beautiful husky that was her baby, died yesterday We're supposed to go for dinner with her tonight but I don't know if she'll be up for it. I feel so badly for her. Holly was pretty torn up about the dog too.

Let's all have a great day, ok? Ok!

April 25th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Oh no your poor SIL how terrible to lose a pet in the middle of all this makes me want to cry, I actually might

bed bugs!....yikes! let's hope it's just a rash from something random, bed bugs would freak me out!

it's sunny, it's Thursday, almost the weekend!
April 26th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday morning!

What's going on this weekend? Kim, isn't Sam's bday coming up soon? Do you guys have plans for it?

I have my babysitttee for a half day today and then I'm taking the kids to my Dad's for the weekend. Hopefully the kids will be lovely and it will be a relaxing time. My Dad wants me to come to his girlfriend's grandsons birthday party tomorrow and I hope he wont be too hurt when I tell him I waste enough weekends of my life going to kid's birthday parties. He's welcome to take my kids though

Have a great day and even better weekend, ladies!

April 26th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Happy Friday!...Sam's birthday is May 21st, not far away! we are just having a BBQ at our house, friends and family, nothing huge....I was hoping Amanda would trek down my way to attend however she is MIA lately, I am gonna message her!!! I am going to make these cupcakes...http://www.prairiehive.com/2012/03/robot-cupcakes/ I think! unless I get lazy and end up just buying a cake lol. I have no clue what to get him for his birthday though? my kids have just about everything they need and I am so over toys! I will have to figure something out.

Have fun at your dads Michelle!....my parents are visiting tomorrow, we are going to a friends Rugby game (think almost 40 year olds, pretending like they are still 20 ) the kids should get a kick out of that, so should I haha and then we might try to meet up with friends for drinks and dinner since my parents will be here to babysit. Not sure exactly.
April 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those are some fancy cupcakes, Kim. If you do make them, you'll have to share your finished product. The fanciest I get is coloured icing. It would be fun if Amanda could go too.

Birthday gifts seem to be harder with the second kid, don't they? There is too much of everything already. What about getting Sam an "experience" gift, like a fun class or kids concert or something, and then throw in some balloons.

Michelle, your poor SIL. Was her dog sick? Did you guys decide to go over for dinner to cheer her up? Good luck turning your dad down for the bday party.

It's nice that everyone is visiting with family this weekend. We were planning to go see DH's parents this weekend, but Leah is home sick today. We're waiting to make the call, but I'm pretty sure it's a no-go.

I'll find out about J's preschool by the end of May. It's mornings, 5 days a week. I can change my mind any time. They have 16 spots and there are over 30 people applying, so they'll have a wait list. I've been watching him at the park this week with all the other kids though and he loves it, so I think I will probably go through with it (assuming we get a spot). I'll just love on him a lot in the afternoons to make up for it.

Anyways, have a good weekend ladies!
April 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Happy Monday! had a nice weekend, we didn't do too much, just worked outside and mulched and planted flowers and finally have the deck and patio all set up and ready for the season. It is raining today, at least I won't have to water the new plants ha!

Hope Leah is feeling better! and that you all had a nice weekend!
April 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, the pictures on Facebook are awesome. Want to come work on my backyard?

Leah has a cold, but she's better than Friday. We stayed home for the weekend, but spent most of the time outside. It was gorgeous!

DH is out of town this week. The kids haven't noticed yet. Then this weekend, the kids are both sleeping over at my aunt and uncle's! DH and I will (if James doesn't freak out at bedtime) have a night to ourselves!! This is a pretty big deal since James has slept with us basically every night since he was born and refers to our bed as James and Mommy bed. So I'm pretty pumped about that.

We are looking into getting balance bikes for the kids. Have either of you used them/heard of them? Thoughts? There are lots out there for James, we just don't know which one to choose. For Leah, it's a little tougher, because she's super tall. But it sounds like this would be good for her. She can not wrap her head around biking (with training wheels).
April 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
thanks Jennifer, one yard is about all we can handle though haha....we don't have balance bikes. Both my kids just have regular bikes with training wheels, Syd wants her training wheels off so we will work on that this summer I guess. Sam does really well on his big boy bike, I thought he might be too young but he picked it up right away and bikes all around the neighborhood with us.....I still cannot figure out what to get him for his birthday, ugh it's making me looney lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search