20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 05:04 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning girls! Sam has informed me that he wants his birthday cupcakes to be "bugs" so I guess the robot cupcakes are out, ha! The boy loves bugs! luckily I think I can find much easier bug cupcakes to make that involve gummy worms! I can't believe tomorrow is May already! 21 days until his 3rd birthday, my baby is growing all up!

Hope you ladies are well! Michelle hope you are ok, I no likey when you are silent!
April 30th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!!

But the robots are so cute and cool! Ah well, bugs are great too

Kim, I saw pics of your yard on facebook, looks like my dream come true!

Jennifer, is Leah feeling better? Did you get to go away?

Sil is in surgery right now and will be for a few more hours. Fingers crossed and super vibes, please

April 30th, 2013, 07:09 AM
thanks Michelle, our yard is a constant work in progress, when we moved in there was nothing in our backyard at all, it was a hot mess, slowly we are getting to completion!

Wishing nothing but good vibes and positve juju to your SIL!!! KUP I hope surgery goes perfectly!
April 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Kim,

Jennifer, just saw your post from the last page. How exciting for this weekend! Hopefully James cooperates and you get some space in your bed! O was given a balance bike last fall and likes it. He hasn't used it much outside but the plan is to get him good and comfortable on it and then move to a plain old two wheeler next year or maybe this fall. And then hand the balance bike down to Holly. He also has a bike with training wheels that he likes well enough but I think the balance bike is a great idea for mastering the tricky part of bike ridding...the balancing.

Dh and his partner found a new studio space, it is beautiful and great and right near our house, which is awesome. I'm so relieved and excited. The only downside is their old studio was in hipster coolville, which is where the majority of his clients live, but I think they'll make the trip to the other side of the mountain for studio time. Or here's hoping

May 1st, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning! How is everyone (ie, Kim and Jennifer)?

It feels like summer here today. Hurray!

SIL's surgery went well. Over 6 hours. Crazy. They took out so much stuff But, it looks like good news. They are optimistic that between the radical hysterectomy and aggressive chemo she should be good to go. Tough few months ahead but hopefully smooth sailing after.

Thanks for sending out the positive vibes. I will cautiously say that things seem to be looking up over here.

May 1st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Glad to hear Michelle! hopefully the next few months go smoothly!

Nice day here too, actually supposed to be nice for the next several days, woot!
May 1st, 2013, 09:36 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hello ladies. How is May starting out for everyone?

May 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy May Day!

Six hours! That's a long surgery. When do they start the chemo? Does she have time to recover from the surgery a bit before they start?

Congrats to your DH for finding a new studio. When is the grand opening?

Kim, bugs are cool and easy. You could even get him an ant farm or one of those kiddie bug trap things as a gift...

My kids love bugs. It's been raining a lot lately, so the worms are out in full force. They're both really fascinated (and upset, in J's case) with how fat and active they are in the mornings and then dried up and "sleepy" in the afternoons.

The weather was gorgeous this afternoon. We were all way overdressed so we only lasted a few minutes at the park. Time to pull out the t-shirts and shorts! I'm still in a bit of shock that the nice weather is actually here. It felt like winter would never end!
May 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

We kind of skipped over spring and went right to summer, eh Jennifer? I will not complain Lol at the sleepy worms!

Today is our Friday because O has a ped day tomorrow and babysittee is not coming. Yay!

Dh is hoping to start sessions in the new studio by mid June, latest. Problem is his partner leaves to Italy today for a month...leaves an awful lot of weight on dh's shoulders. We'll see how it all plays out.

Poor Sil, there was a leak in her pain med dispenser and so yesterday she was in excruciating pain and they couldn't figure out why luckily her girlfriend figured out they got problem and got things under control. Bad luck!

Happy, sunny Thursday to all!!

May 3rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, have your kids noticed that your dh is gone yet Is he back today?

It's a mostly relaxing day here today except a dr apt for o this morning and having to do dh's business taxes at some point today. Boo to that!

Happy Friday, ladyfaces!

May 3rd, 2013, 05:07 AM
Happy Friday!! it's supposed to be a lovely weekend! I think we might take the kids into the city to go to this fab park tomorrow. Should be fun!

How is SIL Michelle? glad your hubby found a new space!!

Jennifer, Sam gets uber upset if a bug dies too, he is very much a saver of the bugs and I am more a squisher of the bugs...I am trying to adapt lol
May 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My Sil is doing well. Recovering nicely. I hope to visit her today.

We just came back from a fab park. So nice to be just me and my two kids. So easy! They had a lot of fun running around. Plus, because I'm a crazy paranoid lady, I stopped by the pediatrician for some double confirmation that O doesn't have bed bug bites. The doctor thinks I'm nuts. Anyhow, we totally don't have bed bugs and I'm officially going to stop losing sleep over it (and stop sneaking into the kids' room with a flashlight for 4am inspections....)

It's nice of you to try and change your bug squashing ways for the sake of your kids, Kim. Or do you just wait for the kids to not be looking before you do it, like me?

May 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,
Sounds like everyone is doing well. I love it when we're all happy.

DH came home last night. The kids didn't seem to notice he was gone at all. And this morning, when James woke up (in our bed, of course), he looked over at the strange man in bed with us, turned his back to him and started chatting with me. I said Do you see Daddy? He's home. And his response was Mommy, I want Mommy. DH and I had a good laugh over it.

I am generally the type who will try to save bugs (if they're not too close and I have tissues/paper towel nearby to carry them outside). Spiders are an exception. They are killed on the spot, preferably by DH. This morning, however, we were on a bug killing frenzy. We woke up to ANTS in our kitchen. Ugh!! Lots of traps set and we've squished every one we've seen. So gross!

It's going to be gorgeous here all weekend. I'm not sure what DH and I will do tomorrow, since we'll be kid-free. We can't spend all day/night at the movies, so we'll have to get outside to do grown-up stuff.

Have a good weekend enjoying all the nice weather, ladies!
May 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Sounds like lots of people are having nice weather. I just read there was a really big fire in California and I've been hearing my Colorado friends complain about snow and I'm like "These two things don't go together!"

We're having nice weather here too. I am not out in it yet today though!

May 5th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's true, snow, fires and floods in the news. A bit of everything!

Jennifer, I hope you had some awesome kids free time

May 5th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies.

Sleepover was a success!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I now understand how all the older people on our street are able to find time for yard work and renos and have amazing homes. No little kids at home. DH spent most of the weekend weeding and working on the yards. I cleaned out and organized our bedroom closet (a huge endeavour, impossible to do with kiddos around). James slept through the night and they both had fun with my fam.

How was everyone's weekend?
May 6th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woooooo! That's amazing, Jennifer! So glad it went well. Does this mean there will be more sleepovers in the future?

Our weekend was nice enough. Nothing to write home about but it was certainly beautiful out and we took advantage of that. I'm trying to get some big spring cleaning done but it feels like I can't ever finish anything because of the kids and other things that need me time/attention. Frustrating but oh well.

Going to be a busy but good week, I can feel it. Happy Monday!

May 6th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Glad the sleepover was a success Jennifer! We had a nice weekend, went to a little zoo on Saturday, then had some friends over Saturday night, I stayed up too late and probably drank one too many beers but it was fun and yesterday we just hung around and played outside. Decent weekend. I am finally getting all the details ready for Sam's party it's now in less than 2 weeks! can't believe it!
May 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
2 weeks! Have you decided on a bday gift yet?

It's crazy that our babies are almost 3. I'm not ready.

DH and I are contemplating a third. Fortunately, I'm on a med until the end of June that has very clear warnings not to get pregnant. So we have some more time to either wake up from the crazy or else decide we really want it.

Michelle, I hear you. I'm lucky if I get the dishes and laundry done. Spring cleaning is kind of a fantasy right now. Although I got a bit done this weekend. Try to ship your kids off somewhere for a day.

James got a haircut and he was super! No crying or pulling away. He even smiled and giggled at the lady's jokes and compliments. And it is his best haircut ever. He looks so cute.

A friend of mine invited me to go to a spa in a few weeks. I've never been. Have you guys been to one? Did you like it? Favourite part?
May 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Oh Jen don't talk about yard work. My yard is such a mess right now it is stressing me out. The sprinkler system has had a bunch of issues while trying to get it restarted this year and while my dad and Nick have been working on it, Nick hasn't been mowing, it is a jungle out there!

As for my weekend, my students kept asking me "How was your weekend Mrs. Rowles?" I said "good." but I couldn't even remember it really lol. I guess I did stuff, as I sit here I remember seeing my in-laws and going out yesterday and a whole lot of working out.

I can't think about Amber turning 3 right now. Terra turns 1 and Rock turns 6 before then. I really need to get on a birthday party for Terra.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search