20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

At least the students are asking how your weekend was, even if you can't remember

I've never done a full spa thing. I'd do it, if just to escape the family. Is that so wrong?

Anyone else's Junebug a bit of a rage tantrum terror these days? Holly is killing me with epic freak outs that involve hours of rage screaming, punching, thrashing over such things as having to get out of the swing at the park, forgetting to say goodbye to someone when we leave somewhere, etc. I'm trying to just put her in her room and let her scream it out but eventually she needs to be kind of picked up and hugged to calm her down, but that only works after she's been screaming for some time. Tips? Commiseration? Know anybody who wants to buy an almost 3 tear old? I remember this with Oscar but I don't remember how on earth we got through it.

May 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning! Jennifer #3? wow, you are brave lolll.....sorry you can't remember your weekend, I have weekends like that too sometimes, it's like they just pass by and I don't know where they went!

Michelle, Sam is also having some fairly epic fits lately, I think it's the dreaded 3s, I recall 3 being a very rough age with Sydney, like a "I want to sell her to gypsies" at times, rough lollll. Sam isn't nearly as intense as she is though, he throws fits but usually they don't last too very long (yet) He will generally just throw himself to the ground and freak out and then crawl under the dining room table and sulk for a bit and then he is over it. Sydney would throw hour long fits sometimes, I used to just have to put her in her room and walk away because pretty much nothing worked to calm her down, she just had to get it all out and then we could discuss. Even at 5 she still throws fits now and then and I still handle them the same way but over the last couple of months the tantrums have been few and far between, whining?? now that's a whole other animal! ha!

As for Sam's birthday, we are doing a bug theme. I opted to get him a few smaller toys and nothing big because I couldn't really think of anything to get him. So I got him some puzzles, a remote control car, a game and a few other smaller things. I have the cupcakes planned out and ordered little bug jars for party favors for the kids. I think we are pretty set and the party will be fairly low key just family and a few close friends and their kiddos. I invited Amanda!!! she better come
May 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy moly, Jennifer I forgot to touch on the having a third thing! You are a much, much braver woman than me. But if you want it, go for it for sure! Those are the best people to be having kids, the ones who want them

Remember when I said I'd stop being crazy about the bed bugs? I lied! I totally had an exterminator come and look today. I thought the inspection was free, but it was $80. Totally worth it for the piece of mind. But I'm still telling dh it was free. Maybe. So, you know, we officially, officially do not have bed bugs. I'm such a nut case. And I'm pissed at my neighbor for having ever put the idea in my head!

May 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, better to be sure than to lose more sleep over it. And I'd stick to telling DH it was free. Sometimes they can get upset over silly things like that.

Leah had tantrums at 3 that sound a lot like Holly's. Like Kim, I would just walk away and let her get it out. Then we would snuggle and talk about it and I'd tell her it was ok to get angry like that and I loved her even when she was screaming. When James has tantrums, he likes to stay close by, preferably in my arms. They don't usually last too long though, but he does just cry a lot in general. He has also started whining almost non-stop lately. It's getting old.

Kim, sounds like you've got everything worked out for his birthday. Do you get a gift for Sydney too? We've been doing that for our kids, getting them a little something on the other one's birthday. I'm not sure why we started it or if it's a thing that other people do...

We'll see about a #3. Nothing's decided for sure. It might just be a serious case of baby fever (for both of us). I've been seeing so many newborn babies lately and Leah really wants a sister. I think if I told her about my relationship with my sister (which has almost always been non-existent), she might feel differently.
May 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Michelle, do you follow hockey at all? If you do, you know we're playing you guys in the first round of play-offs. I think we just won because it is crazy loud outside, lots of honking and shouting.
May 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, Jennifer! Yup, you guys won. But the series isn't over, is it? I only follow hockey when there is beer and friends to high five around. I wouldn't watch it at home alone.

Glad to hear your tantrum war stories. It helps to know others have been there. And that it wont last forever.

I have no idea what to get Holly for her birthday. Probably do like Kim and get a couple of little things. If I got her a bag of gummy bears and some new bubbles she would be perfectly content. The new Monsters inc comes out the day after her birthday so we will probably take her to that and call it her present.

I'm sending Holly to the neighbor's house today and taking my babysittee to a funeral out of town. Weee! Here's hoping he's quiet, and cooperative. It's about an hour away (Jennifer: Hawksburry) and my Dad will be going too. I look forward to lunching with him after. Looks like it's going to be a hot, sunny day. So, of course, the AC in the van has recently crapped out Ah well.

Kim, Amanda better come to the party! I would! Tell her we miss her! Is it because she is still without internet at home that we never see her here?

Have a great Wednesday!

May 8th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Morning ladies! woot for no bed bugs! I would have totally paid the cash for peace of mind! Jennifer I don't really get the other kid a gift at birthday time. I just don't, never really thought about it, it's not a bad idea though!

Amanda doesn't have internet at home I don't think so pretty sure that is why she is scarce, I did message her and she is going to try and make it, hopefully she can!

Hockey? what's that? The Flyers stink this year! My DH is a huge hockey fan, I am a Michelle kinda fan, if beer and people are involved fine if not I can take it or leave it lol. It's rainy and blah here today. I wish I could take a nap!
May 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Kinda feel like it's Friday today...but it's not. Oh well. I've got a good feeling about today anyway. Even though Oscar has been TALKING MY EAR OFF since 6am about pirates and ninjas and lego and blah blah blah omg shut your trap! Looking forward to sending him off to school.

We don't do a gift for the other kid either. They both get excited over cakes and candles no matter who it's for.

That's all I've got. Have a great day!

May 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
It should be Friday! I agree!...I have successfully assembled goodie jars for Sam's party. I got little bug jars and will fill them little plastic bugs, catapillar keychains and some candy. They are pretty cute now that they are done! 1 thing off my to do list. Tonight is gymnastics night and tomorrow is finally Friday. I think I can, I think I can.....

O and Syd would get along great! would be a fabulous contest of who could talk the other into submission! ha!
May 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Leah would probably lose a contest between O and Syd. She talks non-stop when she's just around us, but as soon as you add another person to the mix, she's practically mute.

Her school had an open house this morning, so we got to sit in on her class for about an hour. We got to see the teachers (she has 3) doing the morning circle time and then they showed a couple of other types of lessons/activities they do. I loved it. She has the best teachers. And it was the first time I saw their Smart boards in action. Super cool!

Kim, you seem to be on top of things. Already done to bug jars, yay! Hopefully he doesn't change his mind between now and the party.

Michelle, was your babysittee good at the funeral? How is your SIL doing this week?
May 10th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Leah would be a perfect fit, O loves a good listener

Yeah, Kim, you're a super mom. Bug jars? So cute!

My Sil came home from the hospital yesterday and got her first round of chemo 2 days ago. She's ok but feeling rough and discouraged at the prospect of months more of this. Dh said that yesterday she was the most down she has been since all this started. It's normal, I guess, but sad.

Today is my birthday. The sun is shinning for now but rumor has it that it wont last all day. Oh well. Cocktails start at 4, so as long as I can make to that...

Have a great day!

May 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Sorry your SIL is going thru a rough time it is totally normal, my mom went thru it too, there were days she just wouldn't even get out of bed. The range of emotions would go from optimistic and hopeful to depressed and sad to mad and angry at the world. All normal I would say. Terrible though

Yes I made bug jars, actually I ordered these Amazon.com: Plastic Bug Jar Craft Kits - 12 per pack: Toys & Games
and I knew I would have to put them together but had no clue I would have to sit and tediously glue everything! I thought they would be like stickers, ummm not so much lol but now that they are done they are super cute and he is getting a bug theme no matter what! we are locked in now haha

Any fun weekend plans? we are supposed to meet up with one of DHs old college roommates and his family at the aquarium tomorrow, they have 3 kiddos, 2 the same ages as ours so it should be fun. Other than that not much planned, it's Mother's Day but no plans unless I am surprised by something? ....umm nah I doubt it
May 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Happy birthday Michelle! .....I was trying to find a happy birthday emoticon and came across this one, seemed appropriate bahahahahahaha how funny that they have a bedbug emoticon lol

there we go
cfm and ~MamaTutu~ like this.
May 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL! Perfect emoticon!

Happy Birthday Michelle! Anything fun planned for your special day?

We don't have anything too exciting planned. I think Leah and I are going to have some girl time on Sunday (probably shopping for her), but otherwise, I'm not sure. There's a festival going on at the moment (Tulip Festival), so if it's not raining, we might check it out.

I got a haircut last night and the lady said she thought I was in my early 20s. I felt so happy! Then I told DH and he smirked and said "Give me a break.". Killed my happy buzz.

Happy Mother's Day to you two (and another Happy Birthday to you, Michelle). Have a good weekend!
May 13th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gooooood morning!

How was everyone's mother's day? Did you all get spoiled, or at least treated nicely?

It was a good weekend here. I was wined and dined and other such nice things. Time to get back to reality. Babysittee isn't coming today so it should be s smooth transition. I'm getting back into running today though, so maybe not so easy.

Happy Monday!

May 13th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Happy Monday! Had a nice weekend we went to the aquarium Saturday, my friend came over Sat night and we sat on the deck and drank some beers and then I slept in yesterday thanks to DH. Got some flowers and cards and had a nice day! This week I have so much to do to get ready for Sam's party! cleaning, cupcakes, kids need haircuts, weeding, putting toys away, etc. oh and work, can't forget that!
May 13th, 2013, 11:47 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Well, here I am, back 6 days later or something. And yet it feels like yesterday. And I'm sure the same student will ask me how my weekend was, because he always does. (I haven't seen him yet, we have block schedule, I only work every other day because I'm part time this year. Though I subbed today, but at a different school.)

Amber throws pretty good fits too Michelle.

Kim, I agree, 3 is a rough age! My older 3 all had a hard 3. But Amber's started early!!

Jennifer do it, lol. (I always egg people on! I already know I have to keep talking myself out of 6.)

Sorry I missed the birthday Michelle.

As for Mother's Day, I wasn't overly impressed.

I wish it were Thursday though. I interviewed for a job this past Thursday and they said they were hoping to get back to us by Thursday. I hate waiting!

May 14th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Morning! sun is shining! that seems like a good thing! I seriously hope it doesn't rain Saturday or I might cry!....Sam officially turns 3 one week from today! OMG 3! already?!

Good luck with the job!! Hope you hear back soon!
LJD3Tdance likes this.
May 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, new job. That's exciting. Hope it works out!

Sunny here too. Stuck inside working. Oh well...

May 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

James and I were in sour moods yesterday. Then I woke up this morning thinking it was the weekend. Boy, was I wrong! Our summer seems to be over. It's been freezing with snow sightings the last few days. Bummer.

On the positive, we did a spur of the moment trip to Montreal for the afternoon Saturday. We had to check out the Biodome, because James is on a penguin kick at the moment. We sped through most of it and spent a half hour watching the penguins. It was fun. Mother's Day was pretty good.

Good luck with the job! Is it a different teaching position?

Kim, does Sam change rooms at daycare when he turns 3? How is the party prep going? Fingers crossed it doesn't rain!

Michelle, have you started planning anything for Holly's bday? How is the setup of the new studio going?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search