20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 05:38 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh fun Jennifer! Sam also loves Penguins! it was his fav part at the aquarium! Party prep is going well, just need to clean the house good and finish the cupcakes and pick up the food, all stuff that won't be done until closer to party time. I baked the cupcakes and froze them so hopefully they taste ok, oh well if they don't it's the effort, right?

Sam will change rooms when he turns 3, he will move up to preschool, he is actually spending some time in that class now, he seems to like it! He is supposed to be potty trained prior to moving up and he is not, he does stay dry during the day most of the time but won't poop on the potty no matter what bribe I offer, yes I have tried bribes he acts like a fire breathing dragon will come out of toilet and bite his arse! ha! oh well he will get there I guess lol

I wish it was Friday, this week is dragging along!
May 15th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

It has been chilly here too but at least today it's nice and sunny.

Impromptu road trips are fun We usually have a family pass to the biodome but I think we've let it expire. Always a fun things to go and do (and let the kids run themselves tired).

Holly's birthday will entail having my mom and maybe brother over for supper (probably pizza) and cake. We will probably just get her a bunch of little things, because that's what she wants (specifically: "I want a bag with candy, bubbles, stickers and playdoh in it"). The day after her birthday we'll go see the new Monsters inc movie as a family. The end!

What about James' birthday?

May 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How's party central coming along, Kim? Is the house clean? We are hosting a big thing here in a couple of weeks and I'm sort of looking forward to thew house cleaning kick in the butt it will give me. Sort of. Is Sam getting excited?

Nice and sunny here today, I predict a lot of park time this afternoon. I've been feeling a little in a funk the last couple of days, today I'll try and shake it. Hope you all have a nice Thursday!

May 16th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Party prep is ok, I will do the major cleaning tomorrow. Of course they are calling for rain Saturday, I would expect nothing more ha!

Sam isn't really excited, quite frankly when I tell him he is having a party and a birthday he says "me no want to turn 3" clearly turning 3 is too much pressure for the little man, I think he wants to be my baby forever, I am cool with that ...he does want cupcakes though lol, but even when I say he will get presents he is like "no, just cupcakes" ha!
May 17th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, Sam! What a little guy. I love the simplicity of their age.

It's Friday! It's a long weekend here! Bring it! Just got to get through the day...

May 17th, 2013, 06:01 AM
yes he quite the little man, he is a funny guy! it amazes me how very different my children are in personality. Sam is just way laid back and Sydney is way not laid back loll. anywho, party prep today is cleaning and mopping my hardwoods and icing cupcakes. DH is on lawn duty. oh and work can't forget about that! it's a beautiful day here today, I can only hope the sunshine carries over to tomorrow but doesn't seem like it will, oh well.

Enjoy your long weekend! We have a long weekend next weekend! and our vacation is only like 3 weeks away woot! can't wait for that!
May 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I've had issues with JM all week. Grr. Since I managed to get on, just wanted to give you a quick hello and wishing you a fun weekend!

Kim, fingers crossed the rain holds off til after your party! Poor Sam, not wanting to turn 3. James still gets upset when we say he's a big boy and starts to cry and say, No, James baby! So he's feeling for Sam. I'm sure he'll have fun when the party gets here. Have a great time!

Michelle, did you feel the earthquake this morning? It was close to Ottawa, but people in Toronto felt it too, so thought I'd ask. What are your plans for the long weekend?

Our week has been pretty blah. James has had a cold and hasn't handled it well. He seems better this morning, but still got a good tantrum in. So that's been our day. We are going to see the in-laws this weekend. Kids are super excited.

Leah lost her fourth tooth two nights ago. I love it! Her two top teeth are gone. One is slowly coming through, but it's still super cute to see the big hole. She decided to keep her tooth. She was feeling sad that she was losing them all and she wanted to keep one as a souvenir of when she was little. She asked if the tooth fairy would be mad. So sweet. Of course, it made me a little sad, because I wouldn't have her complete set of baby teeth, but I didn't tell her that. Plus it saved us $2, score!

Anyways, have a good weekend ladies! Hopefully JM works better for me next week.
May 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Jennifer, yes. I only taught part time this year, and supporting a family of 7 on a part-time teacher salary is quite a lot of fun *sarcasm dripping*...so I needed a full-time job for next year so I applied for one in district. They got back to me today, I didn't get it however, they had two positions, and they haven't decided on the second, they said I'd know on Tuesday! Blah.

The good news is, that during the week dh got a full-time job. He has not had a full-time job since right before LJ was born (LJ's 4 now). This was amazing. I had like totally given up on this option. This leaves me with a million questions on what I'm going to do actually lol.

May 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Kim- Our aquarium that I just recently went to for the first time claimed it had a spot for penguins, but no penguins I wonder if LJ would have loved it. Amber says she wants to go, but she hasn't yet. Also Amber is the same way on potty training. Daytime dry, but she doesn't poop on the potty. I'm going crazy. I have her signed up for several things you need to be potty trained for, I'm counting on it happening before the end of July!

All this talk of party prep is just reminding me how badly I need to get on Terra's party!

May 20th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Happy Monday! Sam's party was fun, his real birthday is tomorrow. He is almost 3 no matter if he likes it or not! ha!

14 work days until our vacation.....seems like an eternity, so needing a vacation!
May 21st, 2013, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday, Sam!!!!! I bet he'll like 3 more than he thinks he will Will you guys be doing anything special for him today? Saw the party pics on facebook, looks like fun and great job on the bug jars/cupcakes!

Great news about the job, Christen! Sounds like you guys were due for a change in luck!

Jennifer, did you keep all of Leah's other teeth? O has yet to lose a tooth. It's killing him. I think he still has a ways to go before he does. Is James feeling better?

I had a super productive long weekend, got tons of things crossed off the spring cleaning to do list. Not exactly restful but very satisfying. But it kind of feels like the more I get done, the more things I come up with that I want to do. Oh well...

24 days left of babystitting. Kind of eager for this gig to be done. Holly is making it very difficult now, she is super jealous and intolerant of the baby. Blah..

Happy Tuesday! Is it rainy where you are?

May 21st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Morning ladies! Sam was more excited about the whole 3 thing this morning haha. I think he just doesn't like the whole party scene and being the center of attention. Strange because Sydney thrives on being the center of attention, my children are polar opposites lol....no big plans for his birthday, we will sing again and eat cupcakes and play outside. I have one more gift for him which is a little water slide, depending on the weather I might let him open it today, I just know he will want to use it right away so I have to prepare myself!

Glad your babysitting gig is almost up, must be hard to juggle all that with Holly not thrilled about it!

Congrats on the job Christen!

Exciting about the teeth loss Jennifer! Should be interesting when that starts happening around here!
May 21st, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Kim, the pics on Facebook are great. I hope Sam had fun, despite having to be the center of attention. Does the daycare do anything for kids' birthdays? I hope he has a great day.

Michelle, did the kids help with the spring cleaning? Or did DH help by keeping them busy elsewhere? 24 days, woohoo!

Congrats on still having a job and DH getting a full-time job, Christen. I imagine that's a huge weight lifted from your shoulders!

I did keep all of Leah's other teeth. My mom kept ours in a little ring box, so I just figured that's what we are supposed to do. Plus, I have a bit of a hard time letting go of their baby things, and it turns out teeth are no different. Someone mentioned it's a good idea to keep at least one for DNA purposes (sounds morbid to me, but it gave me another reason anyways).

So we ended up having car trouble on our drive to Toronto on Saturday, so DH decided to stay until he could have the car checked out (which was today, because yesterday was a holiday here). Leah had to be back for today, because she has her dance pictures tonight. So her and I ended up taking the Greyhound bus back home yesterday and now I have a full day to myself!! I'm probably going to waste most of it, but I plan to do groceries and tidy up a bit and probably get some work done. DH and James are driving home this afternoon (problem is the breaks, but the guy told him he could make it home to have it fixed here). Poor James is a bit of a mess, missing his mommy, but I'm feeling pretty giddy.
May 22nd, 2013, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, sweet deal Jennifer! I'd take a broken car in exchange for a kid free day hope you enjoyed the quiet and I hope your dh enjoyed his time with James

Glad Sam is diggin' his new three year old status. I agree with him, birthday parties are a lot of pressure, cupcakes at home with the fam is always nice though.

We're an hour into the day and Holly is already driving me up the wall. She was up crying several times in the night and is now super clingy and whiny. She doesn't seem sick or anything. I don't know what her problem is. Being 2? If you guys have a little extra patience, please send some my way!

But there's good news! All the pathology came back from the many inside bits removed from my sil and it was all cancer free except for the original area of concern. They were so pleased with it all that they are scaling back the chemo to a less aggressive approach. It still won't be a walk in the park but it will be much better, shorter and they feel super confident about her being a-ok in the end. Hurray!

Happy humpalump day!

May 22nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Yay for your SIL! great news!! woot!

Sam was up a few times last night too? not like him, something in the air? May the universe grant you patience...or ear plugs and a bottle of wine

We ended up going to Chuckee Cheese last night, came home played outside and then finished the birthday day with ice cream from the ice cream man. I think it was a successful birthday!...oh and he took his first whiz in the yard, just turned around and there he was peeing in the yard! least it wasn't in his pants, the little things ladies, the little things ha!
May 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a fun birthday. And LOL at Sam taking a wizz. Boys will be boys!

Michelle, that's great news! How is your SIL doing with treatments so far? Is Holly doing better this afternoon?

The boys are back. James hasn't left my side since we were reunited.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Lol at Sam! I lament Holly's lack of penis for the ease of whiz...squatting just ain't the same.

Happy Thursday!!!

May 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Thursday!

How is everyone doing today? We have Leah's dance rehearsal tonight (recital is Sunday). So busy night for us. James won't be at the recital, so this will be his chance to see her dance.

I took James on a little bus ride this morning. It was $4.65!!!!!! (just for me, James was free) I couldn't believe it. He loved it, but we probably won't be doing that for quite some time, if at all.

Have a good afternoon ladies!
May 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Woah, that's some pricey public transit! A fare here is 3$, which I find crazy. If dh and I want to go out together by metro it costs us 12$ total for there and back. Kind of not worth it We're getting bikes though, so now we'll just take those when we go on dates in and around the city.

Have fun at the recital! Hope James enjoys

May 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hey!! Remember me?? haha sorry I've been a super slacker! I saw your comment on my FB Jennifer so I figured I'd stop by and update. I'm 20 weeks and I had my big ultrasound today! I was completely SHOCKED to see BOY parts!!! I was 99% sure I was having a girl due to how completely opposite this pregnancy has been. I haven't told any family yet because I plan on doing some kind of reveal at a Memorial Day party. Dan couldn't come to the ultrasound because he got a new job (!!!!!!!!!!) and started last week. He was just as shocked when I showed him a "Little Brother" onesie tonight. We had a girl name picked but haven't even talked about boy names yet. Other than that, the Dr. said he looks beautiful!

I hope you are all doing well too!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search